English Smokers May Have Harder Time Finding Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes Hatchett

I married a smoker. Why? Because I fell in love with him. I was eighteen when I met him and certainly not as anti-smoking then as I am now. My grandfather was yet to die. Close members of my family were yet to develop nasty, progressive smoking-related diseases. As experience shapes us, it is no wonder my attitude has hardened over time.

And yes we did have children together. But at that point we were becoming more aware of the dangers of smoking and he started only smoking outside, thankfully.

Since then I fell in love with another smoker. Why? Because I fall in love with a person, I don't have a list of criteria which I cross off before I fall in love with someone.

Having said that, I do believe tobacco is a dangerous drug and should be treated as that. People should be helped to give it up as much as possible and certainly manufacturers should not be allowed to put in addictive additives so that once people are hooked they do not have the free will to give up (well, they do, but it makes it much harder for them).

And as for taking the moral highground, it is not a question of morals and I am certainly no better or worse than someone who smokes...i just have different faults and habits that other people are equally welcome to take objection to.

I cannot help being a passionate anti-smoker. I have seen too much suffering because of it. I am sorry that offends you so much. But we will have to agree to disagree on this topic.
    babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Working...
    X