Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
    Sorry, not true. Only a minority do it.

If it's a fiction, no problem. A serious and honest author knows the difference between a fiction novel and a research based on historical facts. He will present it accordingly which is obviously not the case with Dale Larner's project. So when so much hard evidence contradicts the Van Gogh theory and people are still waiting to buy the 'Cased closed- Van Gogh is the Ripper', they're knowingly accepting to be ripped off or live in a fantasy world.
    A lot of people take Da Vinci Code as true and correct,
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• I hear a novel called "1888: a Jack the Ripper novel" by Charles Ruggle Smith is pretty darn good, and available on Kindle. Think I'll finish Rumbelow's book, then order the novel. He's got a variety of historical suspects in it.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

• Da Vinci Code has never been introduced as historical ensemble of facts. It was a published as fiction containing certain factual elements which is essentially what makes the difference. One of these elements pertains to Mary Magdelana who has written a book considered as a apocryphal gospel by the Catholic church. Although Matthew and John acknowledged the fact she was a witness to Christ's existence and more than a simple observer, the Catholic establishment refused it mainly because it was written by a women. It created a controversy because it resulted in many 'Godzilla versus the Ripper' type theories the kind Kosminski, Lechmere and many other pseudo suspects are present in the Ripper East End decor.

I've almost completed a historical drama novel which is a FICTION although the plot refers to one of the top 10 suspects. I used this suspect because of his flamboyant personality and not because I believed he was the Ripper. I simply placed him in the plot and connected him to a plausible but totally fictitious scenario which will probably be considered by many to be also real.

In other words, what happens in the mind of someone reading a fiction is not only expected but also desired by the author who's well aware of the impacts he creates. However, the purpose of a serious research on any potential suspect follows a completely different mind set and approach. For me, there's a PHD philosophy behind such a purpose and coming up with an idea which 'prima facie' would be rejected by anyone having an objective and methodical manner of thinking and working is not only expected but also necessary.

Ripperology is one of these modern domains related to crime history commanding such a fundamental concern otherwise we're no better than 'National Enquirer'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          I hear a novel called "1888: a Jack the Ripper novel" by Charles Ruggle Smith is pretty darn good, and available on Kindle. Think I'll finish Rumbelow's book, then order the novel. He's got a variety of historical suspects in it.
          I've read it its very good
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Anyway back to the main point when is this book coming out and how much will it be?
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
              Anyway back to the main point when is this book coming out and how much will it be?
              1. Never

so

2. Free
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Disappointed But Determination Remains

After existing in the Suspect/General Suspect Discussion forum for 3 years (since Feb. 3, 2012), and after receiving 130,000 views, those who wield the power to do so have determined that this thread belongs in the Social Chat/Pub Talk forum. The disputers, haters, preventors, and naysayers can take a bow, pat themselves on the back, and celebrate their victory in the streets.

For now.

As for those who have shown support (if you are able to see this) thank you. Fear not, you will be rewarded for your patience. Your instincts are right. The truth can only be prevented for so long, and then it must be revealed. My full commitment to get this book out to the world remains. Many hopeful chances have come along, but many hard obstacles have blocked the way.

I have risked it all, and I’ve lost just about everything, but I continue on. A fraud, a phony, a DNA conman, a hoaxer, psychotic, or someone with a delusional mind would have either given up by now; been exposed for what they are; or would have spun out of control into delirium and madness.

And yet . . . perhaps at times with a weakened voice, but with a strong heart and a strong conviction, I stand. And I continue to proclaim the truth—Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper!

I will find a way, regardless of what obstacles come my way.

Thank you,
                Dale Larner

Comment

• Dale, I admire you for your passion, your dignity in the face of ridicule and your abundant charm - but, sadly, your theory still sucks. Bless you though.

Kind regards,

Julie

Comment

• Keep going Dale

Comment

• No publisher will touch this book because if it is true then the whole jack the ripper industry is finished and no more books will be printed....Dale keep fighting

Comment

• With all due respect, that's rather a naive comprehension of the Ripper market. If it were true, the Ripper items merchandising business would make money simply out of Van Ripper's paintings key chains. But we know that it's not the reason because they all aware that the real Jack the Ripper was actually Thubten Gyatso the 13th reincarnation of the Dalai Lama of Tibet. I shall prove it in the eventual book I will write once I my shrink considers I am sane enough. LOL

Comment

• I'm right this book will never be published !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
                            With all due respect, that's rather a naive comprehension of the Ripper market. If it were true, the Ripper items merchandising business would make money simply out of Van Ripper's paintings key chains. But we know that it's not the reason because they all aware that the real Jack the Ripper was actually Thubten Gyatso the 13th reincarnation of the Dalai Lama of Tibet. I shall prove it in the eventual book I will write once I my shrink considers I am sane enough. LOL
                            Solved!!
                            G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              Solved!!
                              Gee, I thought it would be the 12th reincarnation but M. Poirot must be aware of something I missed.

Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
                                Gee, I thought it would be the 12th reincarnation but M. Poirot must be aware of something I missed.

Jeff
                                Who? Me aware of something? Maybe my shrink is! Everything will depend on his final expertise. Either he lets me have it published or locks me in a rubber walled room, the later seemingly being his current opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X