Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Sounds good. As long as it isn't ear.
    As long as it isn't ear or kidney.
    Sorry Abby, couldn't resist it.

Jeff

Comment

• One Eared Stag...

Originally posted by DVV View Post
      Vincent's chair with his pipe proves McKenzie canonical.

A good one DVV. A very good one...He was also an obvious eviscerater who turned on himself when hungry...

Greg
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi All,

You cannot polish a turd.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Dale has made it quite clear that he was contemplating the Iris painting and saw the image of Mary Kelly within it, encouraging further investigation

For some reason he also considers references and images of dogs and puppies to be relevant (some hidden within VVG's paintings)

He has a copy of "Letters from Hell" and links many of the letters with significant dates in the life of Van Gogh - September 10th being particularly relevant, being his mother's birthday

"Gaps" in the receipt of Ripper letters apparently coincide with events in Van Gogh's life that would explain the gaps ie a break of approximately 2 weeks circa Christmas 1888 indicated by the dates in "Letters from Hell", discounting all other sources

The letters Dale proposes Vincent Van Gogh wrote are varied and diverse, emanating from widely spaced locations, including Ireland

There is no clue in the handwriting, which varies. It's a good job because Dale hasn't seen the original handwriting on most of the letters and so must consider that irrelevant

Other suggestions by Dale, such as Van Gogh leaving dead puppies at the Mary Kelly crime scene are completely inexplicable

Comment

• Refutation

Dale has made it quite clear that he was contemplating the Iris painting and saw the image of Mary Kelly within it, encouraging further investigation

Has he examined the original or only copies in books - colour or blacK-and-white? If he has not examined the original the interpretation is valueless for obvious reasons. It could be subjective in the photograph. has he permission to reproduce the pictures in any book?

He has a copy of "Letters from Hell" and links many of the letters with significant dates in the life of Van Gogh - September 10th being particularly relevant, being his mother's birthday

He is therefore dependent upon the comprehensiveness of "Letters" and its exactness - no primary research done. Noted.

"Gaps" in the receipt of Ripper letters apparently coincide with events in Van Gogh's life that would explain the gaps ie a break of approximately 2 weeks circa Christmas 1888 indicated by the dates in "Letters from Hell", discounting all other sources

What gaps? We do not know that the letters received comprise the totality of the original archive. Which letters are we talking about? There is no agreed set of letters written by "Jack" (if ANY!!) so how is the "gap" perceived? Crap on crap!!
            The letters Dale proposes Vincent Van Gogh wrote are varied and diverse, emanating from widely spaced locations, including Ireland

There is no clue in the handwriting, which varies. It's a good job because Dale hasn't seen the original handwriting on most of the letters and so must consider that irrelevant

Other suggestions by Dale, such as Van Gogh leaving dead puppies at the Mary Kelly crime scene are completely inexplicable

It is all inexplicable and palpable nonsense. Anyone who gives this con-man a hearing is as gullible as he is.

Phil

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
              Dale has made it quite clear that he was contemplating the Iris painting and saw the image of Mary Kelly within it, encouraging further investigation

For some reason he also considers references and images of dogs and puppies to be relevant (some hidden within VVG's paintings)

Stewart Evans’ Letters From Hell was a wonderful guide for me, but during my research I felt it was mandatory that I see all the Ripper letters for myself, and I have. Same on the Van Gogh side. It all cost a pretty penny, but I’ve been over every inch of the letters. Built my own database. Very detailed and thorough. It’s the only way I work, and it’s that way with all areas of the book.

This is why I can remain so confident after all this time and after so many attacks and false allegations and name-calling, etc. I know I’ve done an honest and thorough and objective job, and I know the conclusion is unavoidable based on the evidence. Vincent van Gogh was indeed Jack the Ripper. I’ll go on repeating it until the world finally knows it’s true or I’m unable to speak.

Thanks,
              Dale Larner

Comment

• Hi Dale

In my opinion there is absolutely no chance that the letters you attribute to Van Gogh are written by him, for a variety of reasons

To be honest, it would surprise me if you've done at least some groundwork and either viewed or ordered copies of the original letters, but if you have done that and you have something to say about the handwriting, content and place of posting etc then I'll be glad to hear it

As far as I know, you are just saying that it was at least possible for Van Gogh to have travelled to the places to post the letters, that he could disguise his handwriting, and that you connect letters due to the date of posting and because they might mention dogs and the like

With respect, I think you've got a copy of LFH

While I'm here, I think it a bit crass to use terms such as "enjoy the adventure" in reference to your book, as if it's the new Da Vinci code or something

To tell the truth Dale, your publicity campaign is really starting to make me wince

As has been pointed out on numerous occasions on this thread, it isn't fun or clever to propose that a globally famous person is Jack the Ripper

Nobody, from the most learned Ripperologist to the most ignorant layman would consider for a moment that Van Gogh being Jack the Ripper was a viable theory

You use the number of views of this thread as a marker of interest in your theory, which is a bit of a false correlation isn't it?

May I ask, did you get the reviews back from the two professors you submitted tyour manuscript to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                  if otherwise sensible posters didn't waste time and effort arguing with patent nonsense.

Apply that argument to Nazism. The principle you base your statement on is plain wrong.

There is a view around today that all views are equally good. Nonsense.

True, everyone has a right to expres their view: but not all views are logical, right or proper.

It is, IMHO, essential to refute patent nonsense when it is posted. I'll admit it perhaps needs a tad more patience than I sometimes show when the poster is a tyro.

But threads like this require to be refuted often and strongly - otherwise newbies and others may begin to think they are valid and have merit. They don't.

Phil
                  This is all well and good, Phil, but without anyone else's input do you really think this thread would have got to 60 pages? We've had other farcical suspect threads in the past that have died a quick and relatively painless death from having no takers but the one deluded theorist and possibly an equally deluded and besotted sidekick.

Newbies and others can easily see how long this 'debate' has gone on, compared with that on other suspects, and could assume the inmates are all taking the 'case' against this suspect seriously unless they can be arsed to read the whole damned thing, which I certainly can't. I just happened to see it was still going strong and wandered in to see why. I'm off now because all I'm doing is adding more words where few are warranted.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Maybe this thread should be replaced with a thread that's empty, except for a picture of an unattended keyboard and a pipe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                      You must be a very nice person indeed, Sally.

I'm nice too - but I'm afraid that if I see a wolf I cry "Wolf!" even if the beast is till someway off. This man is a blatant charlatan - he even admits it. Why tolerate him at all?

Phil
                      Hello Phil,

I take your point. I'd have done the same myself once. However, he is tolerated on this forum - if he were not, this thread would have been deleted by now and he prevented from posting further.

Failing that level of censorship in this instance all that can remain is to see whether Dale comes up with the goods.

If he ever produces a book (and I think there is a question mark there for me) we shall see what it contains. I have no doubt whatever at this time that what it contains, should we ever see it, will be easily dismantled.

At that point, Dale's publicity run will be at an end.

I take the point that Caz made - if we didn't post on this thread, the thread would never had survived. Generally, that's true, but I think in this case that Dale will continue to use this thread to publicise himself for as long as he is permitted to do so.

Comment

• Jack Died Today

Jack the Ripper died 123 years ago today, July 29, 1890, after shooting himself in the stomach on July 27. This is known because that was the same day Vincent van Gogh shot himself in the stomach and because today is the same day he died.

The serial killer who happened to be a painter escaped justice in his lifetime by shooting himself, but his hidden identity is now known. Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.

The room where Jack the Ripper died,

Sincerely,
                        Dale Larner

Comment

• All this bollocks makes James Maybrick sound like the one-hundred percent, absolutely no bullshit, total real deal, without a single doubt, can't be argued against, definitely-did-it-the-bastard, copper-bottomed, gold-plated, set in stone Jack The Ripper. Only he didn't do it. And neither did Vince.

G
                          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• All this bollocks makes James Maybrick sound like the one-hundred percent, absolutely no bullshit, total real deal, without a single doubt

Nah!!

Comment

• It does, honest....

G
                              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
                                Jack the Ripper died 123 years ago today, July 29, 1890, after shooting himself in the stomach on July 27. This is known because that was the same day Vincent van Gogh shot himself in the stomach and because today is the same day he died.

The serial killer who happened to be a painter escaped justice in his lifetime by shooting himself, but his hidden identity is now known. Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.

The room where Jack the Ripper died,

Sincerely,
                                Dale Larner
                                Hello Dale,

Actually there is a possibility Vincent did not off himself. Some recent research suggests one of a gang of local delinquents shot him, and he did not peach on them to the authorities. If that is the case, and if (though I doubt it) he was Jack, he didn't get away with it.

But the same can be said for James Maybrick (possibly thanks to Florence), or William Bury (thanks to executioner James Berry), or Neill Cream (thanks to executioner William Billington).

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X