Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregBaron View Post
    Richard, is the Paley book about William Bury as suspect?
    Secondly, the "From Hell" isn't the graphic novel that became the Johnny Depp movie is it?
    Thanks. Just wondering if I should read either of these works?
    Greg
    Hi Greg. Paley's suspect is Barnett. "From Hell" by Bob Hinton is about Hutch-the-Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
      He sees Mary Kelly face - mutilated. He sees dogs - spaniels from what I can gather and he sees doorknockers - the kind that have a lion's face with a knocker looped through the nose. It's the doorknockers that get me going. I'm mystified really.
      LOL...when I was reading your post I stopped dead on doorknockers. I went: WTF DOORKNOCKERS, I mean...what the hell, doorknockers???!! Then kept reading and went...okay glad I am not alone.

I mean really...doorknockers?

Please tell me his logic is not: I see dogs and mary kelly in this painting, therefore there were dead dogs at Millers court.

I don't even want to imagine where the doorknockers fit in.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Degas the Ripper...

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        Hi Greg. Paley's suspect is Barnett. "From Hell" by Bob Hinton is about Hutch-the-Ripper.
        Thanks DVV. I actually looked them up on Amazon. They look respectable. I'm not sure I want to stick my head in another ripper book at the moment though. I'll stick to the ripperologist for now...

As for Van Gogh, nah, his unhappiness was directed inward.......

I nominate Degas as the ripper as this painting obviously shows the fiend with MJK.....

Greg
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh well at least it takes the heat of Sickert. Unless they were in it together

Oh why why,WHY? All the endless drivel, trying to pin the murders on any famous person, anyone will do, as long as they were alive at the end of the 19th century.
          Its a distraction. Lets focus on possible candidates based on location, opportunity, and personality.

In despair Miss Marple

ps I am glad Dickens was dead or he would be in the frame too.The celebrity suspects club.
          ''I would'nt want to be in a club that wants me as a member''

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
            LOL...when I was reading your post I stopped dead on doorknockers. I went: WTF DOORKNOCKERS, I mean...what the hell, doorknockers???!! Then kept reading and went...okay glad I am not alone.

I mean really...doorknockers?

Please tell me his logic is not: I see dogs and mary kelly in this painting, therefore there were dead dogs at Millers court.

I don't even want to imagine where the doorknockers fit in.
            Yep. Doorknockers. And we thought Cornwell was off target.

Comment

I think it's time for a reality check.

I urge you to listen to Don McLean's beautiful tribute to Vincent and to gaze at the very sensitive and beautiful paintings he produced and ask yourself - did this man slaughter those women?

A slideshow of Vincent Van Gogh's work set to the song "Vincent" by Don McLean. It's part of an art and creative writing lesson plan for the patients at Miss...

Comment

To Semi-partially quote Don McClean..

And I could have told you Vincent.. (Dale)

This theory wasn't meant for some as dutiful as us.

Phil
                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
                  Van Gogh wasn't considered a great artist at the time by many impressionists that lived in Paris.... but i tend to disagree, even so, much of his best work was before and after Paris.

he managed to display his work in Paris often, which is quite good and no mean feat, because i'm screwed if i can, you either have to wait a year to get wall space, buy wall space, join a gallery/studio and loose 40% comission, or be just extremely lucky....websites online are useless!

he was lucky, he was friends with all the great impressionists, so he was able to show his work off in the local Cafes where they all met, but he argued and fell out with quite a few of them, they didn't understand him, weren't sure of his painitings etc... plus he used to get pissed quite often!!!

art is the hardest thing to sell, it's a very tough life, you're constantly obsessed with it, especially experimenting/ changing style etc, and as an artist it's very easy to get hold of prostitutes/ models etc to pose for you, not that painting people interests me at all !

to display my art in a really good art exhibition in Brighton (the best) costs £1400 for 1m by 2m wall space, so it is rediculously expensive, i do the Winchester Art Market instead, plus a few local shows as well.

but i'm changing my style this year, i'm moving away from Abstract, because the Redknecks that live in Hampshire dont understand it, they prefer seeing painitings of the countryside etc.
                  Would love to see some of your artwork. Do you have a link?

Dale Larner

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                    I think it's time for a reality check.

I urge you to listen to Don McLean's beautiful tribute to Vincent and to gaze at the very sensitive and beautiful paintings he produced and ask yourself - did this man slaughter those women?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dipFMJckZOM
                    Yes.

Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by miss marple View Post
                      Oh well at least it takes the heat of Sickert. Unless they were in it together

Oh why why,WHY? All the endless drivel, trying to pin the murders on any famous person, anyone will do, as long as they were alive at the end of the 19th century.
                      Its a distraction. Lets focus on possible candidates based on location, opportunity, and personality.

In despair Miss Marple

ps I am glad Dickens was dead or he would be in the frame too.The celebrity suspects club.
                      ''I would'nt want to be in a club that wants me as a member''

Location, opportunity, and personality--Van Gogh, Van Gogh, and Van Gogh.
                      Here's two more--means and motive--Van Gogh and Van Gogh.

Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                        I know I said I wouldn't, but I did view the videos and I have to say that, although I admire Dale's courage and his dignity in light of the criticism he is getting, the so called secrets hidden in the painting Irisis are just bonkers.

It reminds me of when I used to stare into the flames of the coal fire when I was a child and imagine I could see dancing dragons. Also, whenever I look at the front of a Routemaster bus, I always, always see a face with a big, square, yawning mouth. I know the face isn't really there, but I always see it. Now, does that mean the designer of that bus is some kind of madman or is the madbness in my own head?
                        Thanks for viewing the videos, Limehouse, and thanks also for the admirable comments—they are appreciated, even if you think it’s all bonkers.

You seem levelheaded, so I don’t think there is madness in your head. Richard noted a similar proclivity for seeing images in things. I believe he was making out faces in the woods behind his house. I think it’s something fun to do—keeps the imagination active.

But the images in the Irises painting are something quite different. It took a long time to deconstruct what the artist hid, but being a painter myself helped in breaking down what the mind wants to accept as a vase of flowers on a table.

Painters make choices of line and color and tone, and although accidental images can be created in paintings by happenstance, the hidden images in Van Gogh’s painting are not happenstance but purposeful. And that the images then also relate to Mary Kelly and Jack the Ripper is also not happenstance but purposeful.

Vincent van Gogh painted Mary Kelly as he saw her in her room after he killed her. He was reliving the enjoyment of the experience by painting her.

Keep looking.

Dale Larner

http://vincentaliasjack.com/VG_Irises7.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
                          Location, opportunity, and personality--Van Gogh, Van Gogh, and Van Gogh.
                          Here's two more--means and motive--Van Gogh and Van Gogh.

Dale Larner

Location?? He was in France! There's absolutley no evidence at all that he travelled to London.
                          Opportunity? How did he have any more opportunity than the thousands of men moving though Whitechapel and the rest of the east end that autumn?
                          Personality? Please clarify for me Dale.
                          Means? He was poor. That much we know, so how did he have means any more than someone living and working much closer to the scenes of crime?
                          Motive?? What was van Gogh's motive?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
                            Thanks for viewing the videos, Limehouse, and thanks also for the admirable comments—they are appreciated, even if you think it’s all bonkers.

You seem levelheaded, so I don’t think there is madness in your head. Richard noted a similar proclivity for seeing images in things. I believe he was making out faces in the woods behind his house. I think it’s something fun to do—keeps the imagination active.

But the images in the Irises painting are something quite different. It took a long time to deconstruct what the artist hid, but being a painter myself helped in breaking down what the mind wants to accept as a vase of flowers on a table.

Painters make choices of line and color and tone, and although accidental images can be created in paintings by happenstance, the hidden images in Van Gogh’s painting are not happenstance but purposeful. And that the images then also relate to Mary Kelly and Jack the Ripper is also not happenstance but purposeful.

Vincent van Gogh painted Mary Kelly as he saw her in her room after he killed her. He was reliving the enjoyment of the experience by painting her.

Keep looking.

Dale Larner

http://vincentaliasjack.com/VG_Irises7.html
                            Hello Dale. Thanks for your patient reply.

I would like to aks you a question. Given that you can see images concerning the Whitechapel crimes within Van Gough's paintings, how do you reposnd to Patricia Cornwell's claims that she can see clues plainted into Walter Sickert's work?

Also, can you please explain the significance of the doorknockers?

Many thanks.

Julie

Comment

• Gawd...

I've just looked at these 'hidden images' and seriously? I mean, seriously?

If I was in an uncharitable mood, I might be tempted to think that this was just a (moderately) clever attempt to sell (yet another) sensationalist 'Jack Revealed as Famous Person' book. Dale, self-confessed artist presumably knows that aside from being 'mad' Van Gogh was consciously painting in a style that by it's very nature divides objects into a series of shapes - and so of course it's quite easy to see 'pictures' in those shapes. I rather fear that the dog's faces, which let's be honest, irises and their ilk tend to resemble anyway, are in this plot just because one can easily imagine them in the irises.

But never mind, I expect it'll sell, these things usually do.

But just to allow the benefit of the doubt here, and, considering the long history of symbolism and hidden images in Western Art (which presumably the author is aware of, being an artist) let's suppose that the author does believe that Van Gogh did deliberately hide images of Kelly's slaying in his irises (oh this is so hard to do...) then -

How is is possible to deduce from that that Van Gogh 'did it'? As he was 'mad' (or even if he wasn't) what's to say that he didn't put those hidden images in there because he was interested in the case; had a bet with his mate that he could and nobody'd spot it; or just for the hell of it?

So many problems. And that's before we even get to the doorknockers...

If you ask me, Sherlock Holmes is a much better bet for the killer - I mean, he has an intense interest in crime, he has a distinctly curious attitude to women ( I blame Irene Adler for this), is clearly intelligent enough to fox the cops, AND he lives with a medical doctor.... Hmm.... I wonder if it'd sell?

Comment

• Wilhelm Busch is another likely suspect. His drawings display a great level of aggression.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X