Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it Dale. Nothing less than proof mind you. Otherwise, all you have is yet another obsessively cherished theory. Far too many of those as it is.
    That's the right attitude. Be skeptical until you've seen all that's presented. I'm the same way, and I would expect nothing less. Unfortunately, some think they can make a determination without seeing what's what. Their loss. But you've got it right.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner

Comment

• Please quit clogging up the suspect thread with this nonsense.

Comment

• Does everyone realize that the only way this will be properly settled is by purchasing this book on the "Van Gogh" theory? Meaning that even if it is torn apart, Dale will win because (to rewrite a phrase used to advertise the million dollar lotery in New York State) "You have to buy it to criticize it".*

*The phrase in their ads is "You have to be in it to win it!"

Jeff

Comment

• Hi Dale,
          I am a fan of Van Gogh's work but I would like to read your book. People here are slagging it off without having read it.

Your theory sounds no more ridiculous than some of the other theories out there. People should read it and then decide. Don't let the haters put you off! I dislike the idea that someone with an idea that is seen as being very different is immediately set upon by everyone.

If some people here hate your ideas so much, why do they contribute to your thread so much? Because they enjoy a good argument I guess.

You have started a real debate, Dale. Well done! Don't give up ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            Please quit clogging up the suspect thread with this nonsense.
            Show me a suspect thread that isn't clogged up with nonsense.
            Best Wishes,
            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• I think I get it,the two V shaped cuts on Catherine Eddowes cheeks.

There are better things in life than money,self respect is certainly one, honesty is another, and if you lose the latter, then so much for the former.
              People with mental illness know all about the badlands of the mind at 3.am.
              I wonder what will haunt you?, conscience can be an insidious thing.
              You may think this is not going to cost you any sleep, if that's true it ought to be costing you sleep.

Comment

• Sorry, Pablito - but you don't get it, do you?

I am a fan of Van Gogh's work but I would like to read your book. People here are slagging it off without having read it.

Casebook is a place for the discussion of ideas about JtR. There is lively debate about issues. But this vangopher doesn't debate, he simply promotes an as yet unpublished book. Look for any contribution this man has made on any other thread, look for any sign of an interest in the case... you won't find any.

Our author seeks to be given respect, but admits he has no interest in the case. Why should we take him seriously? The worth of a book is established, normally, by peer review and evaluation - that is what this man is getting.

Your theory sounds no more ridiculous than some of the other theories out there.

Compared to the royal conspiracy, Dr Barnardo, Lewis Carroll and anagrams, perhaps not - but that is not really whas Ripper studies are about, or should be. Suspect-based Ripperology - unless it arises from contomporary records (Tumblety) is next to cretinous as it simply plucks a (usually famous) name of the shelf of history and then invents arguments around it. Clever maybe - worthwhile, no. Profitable to the author - potentially.

People should read it and then decide.

That means we'd have to buy the book. I can tell you now it will be worthless dishwater - some of us have been here before.

Don't let the haters put you off!

No one "hates" - but some of us have standards.

I dislike the idea that someone with an idea that is seen as being very different is immediately set upon by everyone.

Nice of you. No one asked Dale to post here, no one asks him to restrict his contributions to his own thread. He's a time waster. Van Gogh wasn't JtR any more than I am the Pope (and I'm not even Catholic). This man is promoting rubbish created from whole cloth. Valueless twaddle - we don't need to read the book to know that - we have studied the case.

If some people here hate your ideas so much, why do they contribute to your thread so much? Because they enjoy a good argument I guess.

No - for my part I intervene to make sure that no unwary newcomer is fooled by this peddler of empty air, this con man who wants to make gain from thier efforts. I don't want his vacuity to stand without there being a counter pointing out clearly that it is nonsense.

Phil

You have started a real debate, Dale. Well done! Don't give up ;-)

Comment

• Vincent's chair with his pipe proves McKenzie canonical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                    Quite.

This thread would probably be a lot less clogged up, and other threads would benefit as a result, if otherwise sensible posters didn't waste time and effort arguing with patent nonsense.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Ok that's easy. Compared to this one-all of them.

But thanks for adding fuel to his fire.

Comment

• LOL...
                        You're welcome Abby.
                        Anytime.
                        Maybe if the fire gets right we can do something useful and have a barbeque.
                        I'll bring the meat.
                        Best Wishes,
                        Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• if otherwise sensible posters didn't waste time and effort arguing with patent nonsense.

Apply that argument to Nazism. The principle you base your statement on is plain wrong.

There is a view around today that all views are equally good. Nonsense.

True, everyone has a right to expres their view: but not all views are logical, right or proper.

It is, IMHO, essential to refute patent nonsense when it is posted. I'll admit it perhaps needs a tad more patience than I sometimes show when the poster is a tyro.

But threads like this require to be refuted often and strongly - otherwise newbies and others may begin to think they are valid and have merit. They don't.

Phil

Comment

• Phil - nobody who understands that Van Gogh was a famous artist should give his alleged Ripper candidacy the time of day. That's most people, one would hope.

Nonetheless, until Dale's book has been seen, it cannot be demolished. My concern is that it has not yet been seen. Perhaps we will never see it. Dale gets the publicity either way - and as a working artist I'm sure that's valuable.

Comment

• You must be a very nice person indeed, Sally.

I'm nice too - but I'm afraid that if I see a wolf I cry "Wolf!" even if the beast is till someway off. This man is a blatant charlatan - he even admits it. Why tolerate him at all?

Phil

Comment

LOL...
                                You're welcome Abby.
                                Anytime.
                                Maybe if the fire gets right we can do something useful and have a barbeque.
                                I'll bring the meat.
                                Sounds good. As long as it isn't ear.

Comment

Working...
                                X