Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=

Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.

Thanks,
    Dale Larner[/QUOTE]

No mate, he wasn't.

He was a sensitive and talented artist and a tortured soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincent alias Jack View Post
      A little more patience
      Dale Larner
      Take your time, Dale, we're in no rush.

Comment

• Hey Dale

The VVG theory got a mention in "CSI:Whitechapel" by John Bennet and Paul Begg

I can't guarantee it's in reference to your theory as VVG as a suspect was mentioned a while back, but I'd say it is so a small piece of Kudos there

I think VVG is destined to be mentioned in the same sentence as Lewis Carroll though

Comment

• I didn't fink it was Vinny

Must have gotten the idea after he slashed orf his bleedin ear hole over that stupid bint ,, What was her orrible name...
          Last edited by Ashkenaz; 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM.
          It was Bury whodunnit. The black eyed scoundrel.

The yam yams are the men, who won't be blamed for nothing..

Comment

• It’s been awhile, and I know it’s taking forever, but I’m getting a little closer to bringing the book out into the light. It was a little large at over 800 pages, and my agent wanted the page size reduced, so lots of editing, and now it’s down to a more reasonable 672 pages. Ha! There’s just so much evidence against Van Gogh.

But don’t despair, all the goodies are still there.

It’s tighter and leaner, and the conclusion is just as clear as before—Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper!

Thanks for your patience. It will be worth it. The case is solved.

Thanks,
            Dale Larner

Comment

• You can always cut off an ear here and there to make the book shorter and leaner.

Not one I'll be adding to my shelves.

Colin Wilson once observed that no artist had ever been a murderer - by definition they deal with their demons in another way. Anyone know if that is true?

Phil
              Last edited by Phil H; 02-09-2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: spelling as ever!

Comment

• Well Dadd killed his dad. He might not have been a great artist, but he was an artist.

Comment

• There is of course also Caravaggio, who fled Romr after having killed a man. And Caravaggio was one heck of a painter, so we cannot even conclude that great painters are no killers ...

The best,
                  Fisherman

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                    There is of course also Caravaggio, who fled Romr after having killed a man. And Caravaggio was one heck of a painter, so we cannot even conclude that great painters are no killers ...

The best,
                    Fisherman
                    I have just read this entire thread and, quite frankly, my head hurts.

Depending on the price, I would be tempted to buy the book just to see if Dale makes good on any of the promises he has made in this thread.

Comment

• But Caravaggio killed his man in a duel, didn't he. I was thinking of murder as in premeditated killing.

Was Dadd not mad?

Phil

Comment

• I don´t think it was a duel as such, Phil - it was some sort of row that escalated into Caravaggio wilfully stabbing the man to death. And that is of course not premeditated as such, of course. But he would have faced a sentence of murder if he had not fled.

All the best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

• Sorry, Fisherman. I'm not sure why my post popped up as a response to yours. It was meant to be a response to the thread in general.

Comment

• Hi all
                            I think in Caravaggio's case it was a duel but he was attempting to cut off the man's knackers (medical term) and accidentally killed him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                              You can always cut off an ear here and there to make the book shorter and leaner.

Not one I'll be adding to my shelves.

Colin Wilson once observed that no artist had ever been a murderer - by definition they deal with their demons in another way. Anyone know if that is true?

Phil
                              I like your sense of humor. The ear jokes are always the best.

Hope you change your mind about the book when it comes out.

Plenty of artists have been murderers and even serial killers, but the ultimate artist who murdered was Adolph Hitler. His genuine artistic abilities did not act as an outlet for his demons.

Even if no other artist had ever been proven to be a serial killer, that wouldn’t be a good argument for why one could not be. Ted Bundy was studying to be a lawyer. I’ve never heard of another serial killer who was in law school, but that doesn’t change the fact that Bundy killed lots of women.

A psychopathic serial killer could have any kind of profession. Van Gogh happened to be psychopathic serial killer who painted. Painting didn’t work as an outlet for dealing with his demons. In fact, murder was the outlet for his demons. He then used the power he received from murder to paint.

Thanks,
                              Dale Larner

Comment

• Plenty of artists have been murderers and even serial killers,

If that sort of generality marks your work, it says something for the quality of your thought and writing:

examples please - and "plenty" demands more than one or two.

but the ultimate artist who murdered was Adolph Hitler. His genuine artistic abilities did not act as an outlet for his demons.

Hitler indeed painted to make a living, but he was hardly a "professional artist" in the sense of Sickert or indeed, van Gogh. I don't even know whether Hitler had an artistic instinct (maybe an architectural one - his paintings were largely of buildings). So I don't see him as an unequivocal example - and did Hitler ever kill with his own hands, even in the First War?

Your twisting of meanings doesn't bode well either.

Phil

Comment

Working...
                                X