Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dale,

If you're seeking a publisher I'd recommend the companies who published "JtR: The Final Solution" or the Maybrick Diary.

It seems they don't allow facts get in the way of a good story.

Regards,

Simon
    Last edited by Simon Wood; 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM. Reason: spolling
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
      Great idea, Nemo. The Kindling version's the one I want!

Regards, Bridewell.
      Well, he did mention 'striking matches'!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemo View Post
        Thanks Dale

I look forward to publication of your book

I'm glad you have not proposed any accomplice

On the face of it, it's a mystery to me how such a widely studied personality as VVG could have been in London so often (and Limerick) without anyone knowing about it so I think it's fantastic that you can perceive what so many others have missed

There is the distinct possibility that nobody saw the Ripper and I can't find any reference to a suspect resembling VVG, so that would be a point in favour of VVG being the Ripper I think

There are a couple of bearded men who pop up in reports but they usually have an Irish accent

I'm not sure whether you think any of these people might be VVG as I know, unlike Walter Sickert, he wasn't an impressionist

I can't wait to see your evidence connecting all the torso murders - I've thought for some time that they might be the work of one person despite conclusive evidence to the contrary. A body part turned up in the garden of a member of the Shelley family which makes a lot of sense if VVG were the culprit

Anyway, enough of my inane ramblings

Please keep us informed of any proposed publication date Dale. Have you considered a Kindling version?

Regards

Nemo
        Delighted you’re looking forward to the publication. I’ll let you know when I have a firm date.

As for Van Gogh being widely studied and visiting London so often without anyone knowing it, I would only note Van Gogh was a psychopathic serial killer. He wasn’t looking to be caught.

As for not finding a suspect that resembles Van Gogh or a bearded man, please look closer. For a little help, here’s a fun poem I provided previously on this thread:

DETECTIVE DEW AND A CLUE

What you are seeking is a real fine clue,
        For that you should look to good Ole’ Detective Dew,
        He was the man who tracked and caught Crippen,
        And he worked back when Jack was doin’ his Rippin’.

Dew believed Mary Cox saw the killer that night—,
        He was standing in Kelly’s room, across from a light,
        Carroty mustache and side-whiskers, Cox had proclaimed,
        And the question of a beard then remained.

Then along came Dew with his detailed reflection,
        To clarify the description to the point of perfection,
        Referring to what Cox had previously stated,
        “We knew that he was bearded,” Dew ameliorated.

Vincent van Gogh was a great painter from way back then, long since dead,
        But he painted self-portraits, and for his mustache and beard, he chose red.

It was Vincent van Gogh that Cox saw that night,
        In Kelly’s room, standing in the light,
        But how difficult it is to believe,
        That such a great painter could us he deceive?

But the truth must come out—Vincent Van Gogh was a real Slipper,
        In fact, he was the notorious murderer known as Jack the Ripper.

Thanks,
        Dale Larner

Comment

• I'm not taking the p Tom, I'm deadly serious

Dale - I would suggest that you might be being misled by references to being bearded from the LVP

I've seen references where it separates the term beard from a hairy chin

Here's one you will be familiar with...

"Long hair, no beard and none on chin"

Regards

Nemo

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            Hi Dale,

If you're seeking a publisher I'd recommend the companies who published "JtR: The Final Solution" or the Maybrick Diary.

It seems they don't allow facts get in the way of a good story.

Regards,

Simon
            As a fellow writer, you might relate to this.

Being a writer who loves the beauty and delight that comes from creating an unfolding story of suspense for the reader, whether writing fiction or non-fiction, I find myself always looking for ways to make the story more powerful and the adventure for the reader more enjoyable. However, I have also found, thankfully, especially while writing VINCENT ALIAS JACK, that when faced with the decision to either present the truth as it is, or to ignore the truth because it would make a better story, that I prefer to present the truth.

This can be difficult at times with a non-fiction book, because a writer can see that if the facts were just shifted slightly this way or that—a simple ignoring of some small detail that is important, it would be so perfect for the flow of the story. But I’ve learned that by not falling into this trap, there is a much greater reward, because, in the end, following the truth will lead to a much richer reading experience, and I was committed to this standard throughout the writing of VINCENT ALIAS JACK.

So thanks for your recommendation, but I’d rather go with a publisher who prefers to represent truth in their non-fiction books.

Thanks,
            Dale Larner

Comment

• So thanks for your recommendation, but I’d rather go with a publisher who prefers to represent truth in their non-fiction books.
              Bravo, Dale! I wholeheartedly applaud this approach - which is why I hope that when you pitch the book to respectable, serious publishers you'll hit them first with the dead dog you found in the Millers Court photograph. Knowing that you've uncovered such astonishing evidence (missed not only by the police but by all previous researchers!) is sure to impress any serious publisher of non-fiction. And oh my god what I would give to be a fly on the wall, to watch their faces and yours at that moment.

I mean, the whole tenor of your website implies that we're dealing with a serious, diligent, sober-minded purveyor of straight historical fact, no?

Unless there really is something duplicitous and slippery (rather than just pretentious and grandiose) in the odd phrasing you use: "prefers to represent truth in their non-fiction books"....? Hmmmm.....

It strikes me that "representing truth" is the kind of slippery linguistic formulation a writer might employ when on some level he knows that he isn't presenting facts, but wants to believe that his purpose is worthwhile and true.

As I've stated before, your so-called evidence is so laughable I believe you're necessarily either mentally disturbed or have no purpose other than to cash-in and make a quick buck from the credulous in that vanishingly narrow window of time between the publication and the utterly conclusive discrediting of your book.

Your poor, gullible readers; what a journey will be theirs...

.... .... .... ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                Bravo, Dale! I wholeheartedly applaud this approach - which is why I hope that when you pitch the book to respectable, serious publishers you'll hit them first with the dead dog you found in the Millers Court photograph. Knowing that you've uncovered such astonishing evidence (missed not only by the police but by all previous researchers!) is sure to impress any serious publisher of non-fiction. And oh my god what I would give to be a fly on the wall, to watch their faces and yours at that moment.

I mean, the whole tenor of your website implies that we're dealing with a serious, diligent, sober-minded purveyor of straight historical fact, no?

Unless there really is something duplicitous and slippery (rather than just pretentious and grandiose) in the odd phrasing you use: "prefers to represent truth in their non-fiction books"....? Hmmmm.....

It strikes me that "representing truth" is the kind of slippery linguistic formulation a writer might employ when on some level he knows that he isn't presenting facts, but wants to believe that his purpose is worthwhile and true.

As I've stated before, your so-called evidence is so laughable I believe you're necessarily either mentally disturbed or have no purpose other than to cash-in and make a quick buck from the credulous in that vanishingly narrow window of time between the publication and the utterly conclusive discrediting of your book.

Your poor, gullible readers; what a journey will be theirs...

.... .... .... ....

I can’t say whether or not my readers will be poor, but I certainly don’t see them as gullible. However, you are correct about what a journey it will be for them. It’s sure to be an unforgettable adventure of discovery, with plenty of thrills and chills along the way.

It is a shame, though, that you’ll miss that journey, but I understand your apprehension. It’s not easy to go on a long hike with so much baggage on one’s back.

Hope you can lighten your load some day. An entire world of adventure awaits you, if you can.

Bon Voyage,
                Dale Larner

Comment

• Apologies to Mel Brooks

I'll give you your due Mr Larner...you talk a load of small spherical objects, but on the whole you do so very politely and with good humour!

Darnit Mr. Larner, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore!

Dave

Comment

• Politeness

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                    I'll give you your due Mr Larner...you talk a load of small spherical objects, but on the whole you do so very politely and with good humour!

Dave
                    Dave,

I have to say I agree with you. I don't care much for Dale's theory, but I can't fault his good manners.

Regards, Colin.
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Dave,

I have to say I agree with you. I don't care much for Dale's theory, but I can't fault his good manners.

Regards, Colin.
                      Very true - Dale's manners beat the living crap out of mine, and I admire that. Galexander could certainly learn a thing or two from Dale about how to respond with humour and good grace to my constant personal attacks. (I imagine that the difference can be accounted for by the fact that Dale has the serenity of one who knows his theory is insane, whereas galexander naively hoped he was actually onto something, and now displays the bitterness of punctured pride and disappointment )

Cheers Dale, good for you.

Comment

• Hi Henry,

I do like "the bitterness of punctured pride and disappointment."

Is it your own?

I ask just in case I decide to unashamedly recycle it.

Regards,

Simon
                        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Simon, thank you and feel free; I recommend you use it as often as possible. That said, I'm not happy with it. I've spent the evening wondering whether the 'disappointment' is both superfluous and confusing; as it currently stands, 'pride and disappointment' could be read as being a pair of things that have been punctured: punctured pride and disappointment. Punctured disappointment sounds either like a reprieve of sorts or a hideously compounded sorrow.

Is an Oxford Comma the answer? It seems pedantic. I'll let you be the judge sir.

Kind regards,

Henry

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post

Dave
                            I must say I have felt as if I’ve been dealing with higher-classed clientele lately.

Thanks,
                            Dale Larner

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                              Simon, thank you and feel free; I recommend you use it as often as possible. That said, I'm not happy with it. I've spent the evening wondering whether the 'disappointment' is both superfluous and confusing; as it currently stands, 'pride and disappointment' could be read as being a pair of things that have been punctured: punctured pride and disappointment. Punctured disappointment sounds either like a reprieve of sorts or a hideously compounded sorrow.

Is an Oxford Comma the answer? It seems pedantic. I'll let you be the judge sir.

Kind regards,

Henry
                              I agree it sounds like galexander’s disappointment has been punctured, which might be something deserved, but which doesn’t quite satisfy.

I say continue with the puncturing of galexander’s pride, but as for his disappointment, I would suggest it deserves to be deeper. So . . .

"Galexander naively hoped he was actually onto something, and now displays the bitterness of punctured pride and deep disappointment."

Thanks,
                              Dale Larner

Comment

• Hi Dale

You have stated elsewhere that you have submitted your manuscript to two university professors for comment, one an author of a book about VVG

Would you be prepared to publish their comments here in regard to your theory?

http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/dalewriter/

Besides also beginning to push the book through the use of social media sites, I have also begun to stir the pot by submitting a thread introducing the book concept on a forum at Casebook.org, the definitive “everything Jack the Ripper” website, which boasts over 1.3 million visitors a year. Since posting the thread in February, it has over 23,000 views (Link), and the book website has received visitors from 48 countries and all 50 states. This is just the beginning.

Two university professors, one of them the author of a Van Gogh book, are also currently reviewing the manuscript.
                                Last edited by Nemo; 06-03-2012, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X