Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Flash!! . . . VINCENT VAN GOGH WAS JACK THE RIPPER!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be more interested in a murderer whose crime scenes contained clues about his painting technique to be honest

Comment

• Dear All,

There are now 272 posts on this thread. None of them contains any evidence that Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.

Dale, you're probably a lovely bloke, but your hypothesis lacks any credibility.

Regards, Bridewell.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
        Dear All,

There are now 272 posts on this thread. None of them contains any evidence that Vincent van Gogh was Jack the Ripper.

Dale, you're probably a lovely bloke, but your hypothesis lacks any credibility.

Regards, Bridewell.
        But here one may check the correspondance between Vincent and Theo, and it's dates, which give quite an account of where Vincent was around the murder timetable of Jack the Ripper.

I started it at the convenient point just before August 31, 1888. First canonical murder, but you can go backwards to the other times. Unfortunately, the pages advance one day at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
          But here one may check the correspondance between Vincent and Theo, and it's dates, which give quite an account of where Vincent was around the murder timetable of Jack the Ripper.

I started it at the convenient point just before August 31, 1888. First canonical murder, but you can go backwards to the other times. Unfortunately, the pages advance one day at a time.
          ...and lest I should be mistaken for my intention in posting such a reference, you shall see Vincent was broke and in Arles, France that is. France.

Comment

• You're quite right Beowulf; unless Dale Larner has uncovered secret evidence that generations of VVG scholars have overlooked - which I simply cannot believe possible - Vincent did not leave Arles from the early summer of 1888 until either Sunday 16th or Monday 17th of December 1888, when he and Gauguin took the train to Montpellier, to visit the Musée Fabre. Martin Gayford, in his excellent book 'The Yellow House' reports that they more likely made the 68km journey on the Monday, given that the weather on Sunday had been torrential rain.

I would urge anyone tempted by Mr Larner's suggestions to read instead Gayford's fascinating, engaging, and very moving text, which leaves the reader in no doubt whatsoever that the notion of Vincent repeatedly taking long and expensive journeys to Whitechapel (for some unexplained reason) to murder prostitutes on or around his mother's birthday (for some unexplained reason) is just about as farcical and as revoltingly insulting a suggestion as anyone writing about the JtR murders or VVG has ever made.

Comment

• Hi Henry,

VVG RIP.

Unfortunately, though, hard facts will never stop die-hard Ripperologists from pursuing untenable suspects.

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• getting the point

Hello Barbara, Michael. Well done.

I think I may back Georges Seurat, if you get my point. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

• LC

Actually you may have something there. Pointillism and Piquerism... There's a dull undergraduate thesis just waiting to be written.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    Hello Barbara, Michael. Well done.

I think I may back Georges Seurat, if you get my point. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

• France

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                      ...and lest I should be mistaken for my intention in posting such a reference, you shall see Vincent was broke and in Arles, France that is. France.
                      Absolutely he was. I believe Dale claims to be able to prove that VVG was in London at the material time but, as yet, that proof has not been revealed, as far as I'm aware.

Regards, Bridewell.
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                        So you're arguing that the torso murders and the Ripper murders were committed by the same man? Improbable, but arguable.

And that Van Gogh got his dates wrong in the case of three murders out of four over a sixteen year period - arguably four out of four as the torso murder is unlikely to have been committed on the day that the body was found. London was, at that time, the largest city in the world. The fact that a body, probably killed a day or two earlier, was found on Van Gogh's mother's birthday is statistically utterly insignificant. One person in every 365 will have had a birthday on September 10th - 10,000 people in London alone. What about all the murders committed on dates which were NOT his mother's birthday? Why did he choose those dates? Do you actually have any evidence of Van Gogh's involvement in murder, because this certainly isn't it?

I can't believe I'm actually responding to this sort of stuff. I need a drink!

In despair,

Bridewell.
                        Yes, I believe Van Gogh was both Jack the Ripper and the Torso Killer. The evidence supports this, and I cover both sets of murders in detail in VINCENT ALIAS JACK.

The Pinchin Street torso murder occurred before Sept. 10, but because, I believe, Van Gogh knew it would be his final murder, it was especially important for him to place the body for discovery on, as opposed to just before, his mother’s 70th birthday. And signifying that this was not only a torso murder, but that Jack was also present with him, he deposited the body within Jack’s killing field, bringing the two sets of murders together and ending them together.

Vincent murdered on other dates because he had the desire and motive to kill all the time. It was just that his mother’s birthday was so very special to him.

I would suggest skipping the drink and having a jog—keep the mind clear and all that. Life is better that way.

Thanks,
                        Dale Larner

www.VincentAliasJack.com

Comment

• "The evidence supports this, and I cover both sets of murders in detail in VINCENT ALIAS JACK."

Dale, I'm sure you think you do. But, unfortunately for you, your website exists, and anyone who might be tempted by these constant and irritating sales pitches can visit your promotional website, where it becomes abundantly clear that (a) you have no evidence, (b) you don't really understand what the word 'evidence' implies, and what is therefore required for something to count as evidence, and (c) even by the standards of those who invest the word 'evidence' with the broadest possible latitude, your 'discoveries' are so deluded, so embarrassing, so depressingly bathetic, that your repeated reassurances regarding the level of detailed evidence to be found in your book simply ring hollow.

Frankly Dale, I don't believe you. I see no reason why you shouldn't share just one snippet here that would get us interested, that might persuade us we might actually want to read your book: namely, one shred of proper evidence that Vincent was in the right country to have committed any of the Whitechapel murders.

Your website presentation is so risible that really there is no reason for us simply to take your word for it that you have all the detailed evidence you claim to have.

Comment

• I can almost hear the conversation taking place in Scotland Yard !

Police .... " Vincent , do you own a sharp knife "

Vincent ... " yes officer , I've got one ear "

Comment

• And that's why the secret has lasted so long...it's all gone in one ear and not out the other!

Dave

Comment

• ouch .. that was a bit severe , or should i say bits-of-ear

Comment

Working...
                                X