Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anyone who's into meditation...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anyone who's into meditation...?

I've just released a CD of ambient music. It probably has a limited appeal to the population at large, but anyone who meditates or does yoga or qigong or some such might find it interesing.

If you happen to know anyone who fits the bill, PM and I'll send you a link to details. Thanks.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

I use to meditate over Schumann sonatas 105 & 121, and I'm not sure I know people who meditate.

I know, though, several casebookers who would need deep and regular meditations.

If you provide the link, I'll copy it in my facebook if you agree.

Comment

Hi DVV.

Here's the link:

Comment

You might want to update the description on the link to indicate total length of time of the CD. Without knowing how long each piece or the total compilation is, people might be hesitant to buy it, thinking they might only be getting four minutes of music or something.

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore it.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

I've often wondered about taking up meditation, but I'm still thinking about it.

Comment

procrastination

Hello Robert. And the reason for that is that you are a procrastinator.

And I was once seriously planning to become a procrastinator. Sadly, I never got around to it.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Lynn, remember the old saying : never put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                You might want to update the description on the link to indicate total length of time of the CD. Without knowing how long each piece or the total compilation is, people might be hesitant to buy it, thinking they might only be getting four minutes of music or something.

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore it.
                Excellent suggestion, Ally.

For info: each piece is 14-20 minutes long

Comment

Everybody dies like a dog whether they meditate or not.
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Meditation is one thing, but as it is ambient music too, it may be good for lounge bars etc, also. (?)

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                      Meditation is one thing, but as it is ambient music too, it may be good for lounge bars etc, also. (?)
                      As much as the idea appeals on a financial level, DVV, I would have to be honest and admit that that's not likely to go over well--unless you were trying to either drive all your customers away or lull them into a stupor

I do have a sample or two online--I'll try and dig up a link tomorrow and post it, so you know what I mean

Comment

Not from the CD, but an unfinished, unmastered piece that was left over:

Sample piece for some of the meditation pieces I've been working on

You might want to lower the computer volume and then raise to a comfortable level (soundcloud doesn't have a volume slider, for some reason)

Comment

Here's the second installment (Ally, I took your excellent advice--thanks again):

And a puzzle contained therein: The song titles can be decoded to provide three locations. The cover is the key.

Good luck.

Comment

Two pieces last exactly 17'31.
                            Purposely ?

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                              Two pieces last exactly 17'31.
                              Purposely ?
                              Happy accident

Comment