Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas/Happy holidays

Hello all,

I thought I'd start a very obvious thread and wish all of you a Merry Christmas, or a Happy Holiday, and a safe and prosperous New Year!

Seasons greetings

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

et tu

Hello Phil. As the vicar says, "And also with you!"

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

A creature was stirring...

Merry/Happy Christmas to all and a wonderful 2012, which I'm convinced will not be our last year!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Okay. I'm sure I should know this, but what in god's name is a Vicar, and why do the British seem to have so many of them? I mean I know it's a religious title in at least some permutations of Christianity. But is it like a Pope? A bishop? High Priestess? According to any number of jokes I've heard, they are higher up than, but commonly hang out with Rabbis.
        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hi all,
          A very merry Xmas to everyone on Casebook, and to those who frequent this site.
          The best
          Richard.

Comment

here endeth the lesson

Hello Errata. It's from the Latin and means "In the place of." (Hence the English, vicarious.)

Think of it as "reverend" or, as we Presbyterians would say, Domini.

All the best for your holidays.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

Hello everyone who reads this!

I wish you all a very peaceful and happy Christmas and a really great 2012!

Before I married and came to Sweden I often wondered at Christmas why people in the U.S. often said 'Happy Holidays'. Then my first Christmas here I realised the possible reason why - the Swedes used to say 'God Helg' (literally Good Holiday) in the past, although nowadays one normally only hears 'God Jul' (Good Christmas).
              '
              So - God Jul och Gott Nytt År till alla mina läsare!

Please take care of yourselves.

Love
              Carol xxxxx

Comment

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
                Or even A Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year to all (you lot can fight over the wording).

Comment

I should also say a thank you to Stephen for keeping this site going.

Comment

I hope all have a very Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, God Jul, Happy New Year....and anything else I may have missed

Steadmund Brand
                    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

happy hols

Happy and serene holidays. whatever you may believe in, I do love being home from school! (I'm a teacher, I probably look forwards to the days off more than my pupils do! )
                      Cat
                      A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. (O Wilde)

Comment

I hope everybody is fasting.

Comment

Season's greetings, as they used to say.

Everyone have a great holiday, whichever one you celebrate.

Glorious New Year and blessings on you all.
                          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Happy Ramaquanzaka everybody!

Comment

I could be politically correct and say "Happy Holidays"....but since that's all a load of crap.....MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!

Cheers,
                              Adam.

Comment

Working...
                              X