Hugh Laurie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugh Laurie

I was just watching Hugh Laurie's Let Them Talk on PBS. Someone mentioned recently on another thread that Stephen Fry was sometimes referred to as a national treasure in the UK. Well, if so, then Laurie must be an international one. He did all that great television work in England, then moved to the US to do House to considerable acclaim, and now it turns out he can also hold his own singing and playing the music of my favourite American city.

With all those talents, he's a guy you could really dislike...if he weren't so likeable.

His novel "The Gun Seller" is amazing too.

The plot is not that original (though well-crafted), but the language just sparkles.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Geez, don't tell me that he can write too. It seems unfair for one person to have so much talent. I'll start looking for a copy of his book, though. Thanks for the tip, Magpie.

Comment

Just goes to show....once you have starred in Blackadder it's all downhill fo there.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
          Just goes to show....once you have starred in Blackadder it's all downhill from there.
          Indeed. Fry, Laurie, Atkinson, where are they now?

At least the Baldrick guy has got an archaeology show.
          allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Atkinson was on The View yesterday. There's a new "Johnny English" movie coming out.
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
              I was just watching Hugh Laurie's Let Them Talk on PBS. Someone mentioned recently on another thread that Stephen Fry was sometimes referred to as a national treasure in the UK. Well, if so, then Laurie must be an international one. He did all that great television work in England, then moved to the US to do House to considerable acclaim, and now it turns out he can also hold his own singing and playing the music of my favourite American city.

With all those talents, he's a guy you could really dislike...if he weren't so likeable.

He was also in the 1980 Oxford v Cambridge boat race. It may be some consolation that Cambridge lost that year.

Nevertheless, he must have been borderline world class at the sport.

Comment

His dad was an Olympic gold medallist at rowing.

Comment

Working...
                X