Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Hinton, Author and Ripperologist

Hello all,

Bob Hinton, author, has asked me to post a message to all his friends on Casebook to wish them the best for the future, as he has not had the chance to say goodbye to those he wished to, and wishes me to send his thanks to those few who have already posted.

Bob believes earnestly that "debate is about people having differing views and being allowed to express them", a view others feel as well.

Personally I wish to add my name to those names, (Robert, Maria amongst others) who have already asked him to remain on Casebook. This thread has now been deleted.

So anyone who wishes to send a cheerio message to Bob through this thread, is welcome, as far as I am concerned, to do so here.

This posting does not contravene any rule as far as I can ascertain, and I post this with the friendliest of motives towards all.

I will pass on the names of the people to Bob as he no longer is afforded access to the site in any way.

Thank you

kindly

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Carter; 09-11-2011, 11:00 PM.
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Bob left on his own accord.

Ergo he can see the messages for himself.

Don't you just love Prima Donnas?

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Depends on who's the primadonna in this case, Monty.
      Best regards,
      Maria

Comment

How come he is no longer afforded access to this site in any way?

Best wishes,
        Steve.

Comment

Why Maria?

Should we differentiate between them?

Monty

PS Bob stated he left on his own accord Steven. If so then its misleading, and therefore unfair, to infer otherwise.
          Last edited by Monty; 09-11-2011, 11:09 PM.
          Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
            How come he is no longer afforded access to this site in any way?

Best wishes,
            Steve.
            Hello Steve,

That is the message I have been given. It is up to those concerned whether they wish to expand upon the point in any way..not me.

kindly

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

I do, Monty. It's a question of valor and civility. Plus his book on Hutch is kinda OK.
              But everyone's entitled to their opinion. And I won't be commenting on this further, but I assume that eventually he'll come back, as most have.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Bobs book is more than merely Ok Maria, its quite a good suspect book and one of the best around.

However the bottom line is he got a smacked arse and didn't like it.

The admin on this site is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They wish to encourage free dialogue however us that post here sometimes overstep the mark. What then? Let it slide? Would you tolerate that if it was you who was abused?

Or do they warn? Which is the situation in this case.

Its obvious Bobs nose has been put outta joint and instead of taking it on the chin, expressing his point as he did so (which I suspect Admin would understand if done correctly), he has decided to make a drama out of it.

His call obviously, but if you play in someones front room then abide by the owners rules. And the rules are there for all to see.

Monty
                Monty

Comment

Sure Monty, I understand and fully respect that the admin must abide by the rules, and the MO has priority, so to say. (And no, I don't see any “abuse“ having taken place here, in any sense of the word, from Hinton.)
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

Bob's profile doesn't seem to be in member's list. I know he got censured for breaking one of the Casebook rules. I guess this was his first time and took him by surprise. Lord knows I've been censured a time or two, as has Phil Carter, and many others. It doesn't mean the admins don't like you, or they want you to leave, or that they're singling you out. But if they don't nip something in the bud, they'll end up having to censure five people instead of one. At least that's my take. What I know you're NOT supposed to do is create a thread bitching about the censure, or publicly question the admin/webmaster for the decision made. That always needs to be done in private.

Having said all that, I love Bob and think he's a great asset, so I hope he'll rethink his decision. It seems he only had a problem with one poster, so avoiding one poster should be easy enough....assuming that poster isn't Maria, but I digress...so I hope we all see Bob back among us soon. And I agree with Monty that Bob's book should be among everyone's collection. I hadn't read the book in years, but when I was going back over all the suspect books for my 'Exonerating Michael Kidney' article, I was impressed how Bob stood out in offering the most talk and thought relating to the murder of Stride, Schwartz, and other areas usually brushed over by authors.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Not sure what the situation is with Mr. Hinton, but Maria setting herself up as a judge of civility did make me smile.

Best wishes,
                      Steve.

Comment

Not your call to make Maria I'm afraid.

Monty
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                          so avoiding one poster should be easy enough....assuming that poster isn't Maria
                          Actually I was planning to be quiet now.
                          Agree with the rest of what you said.
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

I was just making a funny, Maria.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hello Tom,

I would like to point out that you should have no idea if I have been censored by Admin or not, as Admin's policy is that all such communication is supposed to be private, and not discussed with anyone, unless done in public. Likewise I have no idea what censure you may or may not have had.

Just in case you referred to this thread (which I don't believe you did), it was NOT created in the manner you wrote of thank goodness (.... create a thread bitching about the censure, or publicly question the admin/webmaster for the decision made.) it was made without breaking any rule as far as I am aware. It was done politely, with civility and did not comment on the why's and wherefores of the situation. It was done so that others could accept Bob's appreciation over the years to some, and for those who did appreciate his input to send their best wishes.. which you have done in your comments. I am sure he appreciates this.

kindly

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                              X