Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tobacco Firms Sue Feds Over Graphic Warning Labels

c.d.

don't worry about that c.d. they can sue whatever they want for these signs but it will not be dropped,and they won't prevent people from smoking and making tobacco companies rich.
    Here we've had those gaphic warning for ages and it's like people don't even pay attention to it, so I dunno why it that case it should be any different, even the smokers themselves will bitch out for a little while and after well, they won't even notice it anymore.

Comment

I think all cigarette vendors should have to wear mechanical voice boxes, whether they need them or not, when making transactions. I think it would be cool.

"WHAT WILL IT BE"

"Uh, Marloboro Lights, please."

"SEVEN DOLLARS AND SEVENTY_FIVE CENTSPPLEASE"

'Ummm... Never mind."

"THANKYOUAND HAVEA NICEDAY"

Mike
      huh?

Comment

Oh bugger! I didn't know I was supposed to die.

Comment

Robert,

Don't know how to break it to you but... you did.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Oh, that's all right then : you only die once.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Oh, that's all right then : you only die once.
              actually 9 times for some...but since curiosity is mercyless... I only have one left...

Mike: yep, rising the prices to such extreme amounts does work better

Comment

Hi guys.

I think these ads are not only a great idea, but long overdue. What's wrong with a little truth in advertising?

Cigarette manufacturers claim that smokers are "adults making well-informed decisions" when, despite understanding the health consequences to themselves and others,
                they freely choose to smoke cigarettes.

If that's true, then the new packaging won't adversely affect cigarette sales and cigarette manufacturing profits, will it?

So what's the problem? Smokers can take the truth, can't they?

Best regards,
                Archaic
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Archaic,

Yes, as a smoker, I have no problem with any idea or truth to rid the world of the addiction to tobacco.

I have been smoking for 40 years, since I was 12. I only once tried to give up, when I was 18. It lasted 6 weeks and ended when I was involved (uninjured I might add) in a particularly nasty car crash involving 5 vehicles.
                  The shaking was calmed only by a cigarette or 10 that morning.

I have seen the autopsy photos and written reports of a very close family member who died from cancer. That person was a life long smoker. It did not affect my choice of smoking or not. That was 24 years ago.

I am addicted to nicotine. I do not smoke in other people's company who do not smoke.

I accept that I do myself no good. I encourage all younger than I to stop, and applaud it when they do. I have encouraged the young to never start, and in some cases, rewarded them.

Yes, I can face the truth. In adverts, in your face arguments and graphic films. My grandmother one of 5 children that grew up and all smoked, , my grandfather, all 4 of their children, including my mother... my father and two of my siblings smoke/smoked. Out of those 13 people, one gave up smoking. Of the remaining 12, two were diagnosed with cancer and died. One died of a smoking related problem.

I can see the truth. I can also choose. And as far as I know, it is still legal to buy tobacco. Unlike many other addictive drugs.

I enjoy my puff. Whether in cigarette, pipe or cigar form.

kindly

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Phil,

That was a very honest and heartfelt post and it is clear to see that you take responsibility for your actions. A rare thing these days.

c.d.

Comment

I went on a long bike ride yesterday and rewarded myself with pizza and beer when I got home. Not sure if I did myself good or harm.

c.d.

Comment

Hello c.d.,

Thanks for the kind words.

The pizza?.. The beer?...

Enjoy.

kindly

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                          Hello Archaic,

Yes, as a smoker, I have no problem with any idea or truth to rid the world of the addiction to tobacco.
                          I am completely with Phil on this. I am a smoker, and I know exactly what it does to my body. Even if I somehow didn't, my outraged father (who is SUPER pissed that I smoke) has full access in one of the premier research hospitals in the country, and don't think I didn't have to meet every single person dying of lung cancer for about a year (never mind the specimens jars that would appear on my bedside table when I woke up in the morning).

I know. And I know I need to quit. The warnings won't help. The images won't help. The tears and pleas of my loved ones haven't helped. My fiance is frantic to get me to quit. He hears what my breathing sounds like when I sleep and he is terrified. None of these things make a difference as long as I am not ready to quit.

Maybe I am one of those people who needs to get badly scared to quit. And I'm all for it. It won't be a picture on a cigarette package that does it though. It will be a spot on an x-ray of my lungs. Maybe after that the pictures will help me quit. I'm all for them on the pack, but I don't think it will stop anyone from smoking. Maybe it might help kids from starting smoking, and that's more than enough reason for me to support the idea.
                          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                            Hello c.d.,

Thanks for the kind words.

The pizza?.. The beer?...

Enjoy.

kindly

Phil
                            Well I am assuming that the bike ride was good for me and that the beer and pizza were not. I don't know if they canceled each other out or not.

c.d.

Comment

Hello c.d. ,

Enjoy the bike rides, enjoy the pizza and enjoy the beer.

I am sure you deserve all three, and that in their way, they will do you good.

Whats the saying? If the dog doesn't get you the devil will..?

One life to live. Enjoy.

kindly

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                              X