goodbye for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodbye for a while

Just to let everyone know I am taking a break from Casebook for a while.

I haven't been very well lately and I don't think the stress of some of the recent exchanges is conducive to my getting any better (nothing serious before anybody worries too much).

I'd like to thank Stephen for Casebook being here in the first place, and all the wonderful researchers who have encouraged me in my short journey into the subject, as well as all the friends I have met along the way.

Hopefully I will be back to posting at some point, but it's a little difficult to find the motivation and I have enough inner self esteem issues without anybody heaping them on me in cyberland!

Jen x

Oh if anybody wants to keep in touch outside of Casebook that's cool...several people have my email, Ben and Garry among them, so please pm either of them and hopefully they won't mind passing it on.
    babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

You could count the number of boards I go to on one hand but I'm bound to say I have not encountered such meanness and egotism than I have found on just the few threads I have visited on Casebook.
    Take care Jen.

Comment

Sorry to see you go, Jen, and hope you'll be back again one day in the not-too-distant future. You take it easy. I don't post much at all these days, for a number of reasons, but do look in from time to time. I suppose the A6 Thread was good while it lasted, but it got far too nasty for me and I wasn't surprised the couple of times it was closed. But it was always great to read your arguments, which I invariably found highly cogent and persuasive.

Take good care of yourself and get better quickly.

Best,

Graham
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Take it easy, Jen. It'll be alright - trust me.
        Best wishes,
        Steve.

Comment

I can only add to what Graham has said, Beebs.

Your posts are consistently thoughtful and incisive, and I particularly admire your willingness to stand your ground even in the face of appalling egocentricity and belligerence. You are valued and appreciated here, and I hope you'll a) reconsider and b) get better very soon!

XX

Comment

Hello Jen.

I am sorry to hear of this. I echo the comments made previously, by the others, especialy Ben's good wishes. You are a very intelligent person.. never forget that.

Stay well Jen.. stay well :-)

kindest wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

Take care Jen -- looking forward to your return. My expedience has been mostly good here so I guess that I've been lucky enough to miss the bitter threads.
              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Nice to meet you, Jen, however briefly. I hope you're well soon.

- Aus

Comment

Not being on the boards much myself lately, I seem to have missed this latest session, so for once I can't be blamed for any of it (I hope!).

All the very best bb, and I hope you will be feeling well and stress-free very soon. I always enjoy your posts and will miss them. I too will be taking a break from the boards towards the end of the summer, but hope to be back before too long.

Lots of love,

Caz
                  XXX
                  Last edited by caz; 08-09-2011, 04:57 PM.
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

take care

I'm sorry you are feeling this way, and I can understand you, though, some threads struck me as being rather argumentative and in a sense, I'm glad my ignorance keeps me from jumping in, all in all.
                    I remember very nice chats in the chat room a year or two back, you might have forgotten, but I hope you believe me when I say:
                    all the best, and do come back as soon as you feel like it, or up to it. And hope your health improves very soon
                    Ciao
                    Cat
                    Last edited by prowling cat; 08-09-2011, 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot a sentence
                    A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. (O Wilde)

Comment

Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                      Just to let everyone know I am taking a break from Casebook for a while.

I haven't been very well lately and I don't think the stress of some of the recent exchanges is conducive to my getting any better (nothing serious before anybody worries too much).

I'd like to thank Stephen for Casebook being here in the first place, and all the wonderful researchers who have encouraged me in my short journey into the subject, as well as all the friends I have met along the way.

Hopefully I will be back to posting at some point, but it's a little difficult to find the motivation and I have enough inner self esteem issues without anybody heaping them on me in cyberland!

Jen x

Oh if anybody wants to keep in touch outside of Casebook that's cool...several people have my email, Ben and Garry among them, so please pm either of them and hopefully they won't mind passing it on.
                      Hi Babybird
                      I don't really know you too well, but i can honestly say i have thoroughly enjoyed your posts and thought you have always had interesting points to make and have also been as courteous as can be on these boards.

I hope you get well soon and please hurry back.

best of luck!
                      -Abby

Comment

Have a good rest but don't stay away too long.

Take Care.

Julie

Comment

Hello Jen,

I dont know how Casebook will be the same without your creativity, imagination, wit, sense of humour, and couragious integrity.

I hope you are feeling better soon, and will return fresh and vibrant as ever.

Best wishes as always.

David.
                          x

Comment

Monty should be paid for such services.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Looks like you've been taken in by the Carter propoganda Tom,

I suggest you take time to read Jenns posts and others retorts.

Phil tried to lay the blame solely at my door, that soon got short shrift. Though he put me on ignore....so every cloud and all that.

Monty
                              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Working...
                              X