Famous last words in movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most pessimistic famous film ending: “Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.“
    Most optimistic famous film ending: “Tomorrow is another day.“ (Which technically comes from a novel.)
    Best regards,
    Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mariab View Post
      Most pessimistic famous film ending: “Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.“
      Most optimistic famous film ending: “Tomorrow is another day.“ (Which technically comes from a novel.)
      I said this on another thread, but here's my votes for the best and most ultimate opening and closing movie lines:
      Opening, Brad Pitt, "Interview with the Vampire"- "So you want me to tell you the story of my life."
      Closing, Gordon Tootoosis, "Legends of the Fall"- "It was a good death."

Here are a few more characters' last words:

Christopher Walken, "The Deer Hunter"- "One shot."

Mary Stewart Masterson, "At Close Range"- "Oh... I forgot to feed the dogs." (The word "dogs" literally merges into her being shot in the head.)

Bergess Meredith, "Rocky III"- "I love ya, kid. I love ya."

I have another movie with Christopher Walken in my collection, "King of New York," in which literally every single important character dies, but not one of them has any noteworthy last words. More like real life I guess.
      Last edited by kensei; 07-07-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Of course there is the one from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, just before before they are shot to piecies.

"I thought we were in trouble there!"

Best wishes.

Comment

I hope I don't get censored here, but two from horror movies just popped into my head. This is kind of fun when you get going.

Father Karass in "The Exorcist"- "Take me. Come into me. God damn you, TAKE ME!"

And in "The Howling" which was about a pack of werewolves, while in human form one of them actually had the following as his final words: "Silver bullets, my ass."

P.S. All right, I didn't get censored!
          Last edited by kensei; 07-07-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Christopher Walken in The deer hunter: I like.
            And I love the Exorcist spoofs in Scary Movie.
            (With apologies for briefly going off subject.)
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

Dying words of Doc Holiday, as played by Val Kilmer, in "Tombstone:"

"I'll be damned... that's funny."

(Variations of which are said to have been his last words in real life.)

Comment

"Yes of course, you're right Bruce, emotion is always the enemy of true justice. Thank you, you've always been a good friend." (Last words of Two-Face/Harvey Dent played by Tommy Lee Jones in "Batman Forever"- a pretty bad movie despite the presence of some stellar actors.)

Joe St. George (David Strathairn), "Dolores Claiborne,"- "Oh, you better hope I don't get outta here!"

And perhaps the most perfect last thing said before death ever said in a movie, Christopher Walken in "The Dead Zone"- "Goodbye."

Comment

Ok, this one just had to get mentioned, even though there are no actual last "words." Paul Reubens (Pee Wee Herman) as vampire Amilyn in the original "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" movie. Impaled by a wooden stake, he has a hilariously prolonged death scene in which he writhes around going, "Aaaah... oooh... blaaagh... eeergh..." etc. in endless melodramatic agony. It comes to the end of the movie, after the ending credits if I recall correctly, and he is still lying there writhing and groaning with the stake sticking out of his chest, and he never does actually die.

Comment

Alex Kintner (the little boy on the raft in Jaws).

"Mom can I go back out again? Just a little longer?"

Comment

Numerous murder victims in TV detective shows, just before the commercial break : Oh, it's you.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        Numerous murder victims in TV detective shows, just before the commercial break : Oh, it's you.
                        my favorite last words are of the "do you hear a chainsaw in the basement? I'll go and check..." variety
                        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

And again...

I'm amazed that no-one has mentioned Charlie Crokers (Michael Caines) final words in The Italian Job as the coach is teetering on the edge of the precipice ,
                          "Hang on, lads; I've got a great idea."

Comment

Here's a good one.. in the Magnificent Seven.

I think, from memory, this is the last line...

"Adios" - Yul Brynner. "Chris" to "Chico"

best wishes

Phil
                            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                            Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                              Here's a good one.. in the Magnificent Seven.

I think, from memory, this is the last line...

"Adios" - Yul Brynner. "Chris" to "Chico"

best wishes

Phil
                              Actually, on second thoughts, he turned to Vin (Steve McQueen) afterwards and said.

"The old man was right. Only the farmers won, we lost"
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                              Accountability? ....

Comment

In keeping with the main subject of this site, the last words of a fictionalized Sir William Gull in the 1988 tv movie "Jack the Ripper" before he is tackled and hits his head on the cobbles and never again wakes up:

"The mind! The great experiment! They're only whores! They're only worthless whores! You're destroying it all!"

Comment

Working...
                                X