Watching the riots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glyn View Post
    What exactly was it all about Bob? peacekeeping duties ,which led to us being fired upon by both sides,betrayed on many occasions by the irish police, and being labelled the bad guys,finally ending up with an abject surrender .(whatever else the labourites may call it)And ex terrorists,now in positions of power within the N.I government,weapons caches almost certainly intact,ready for next time.Such a waste of time,money ,effort and above all Squaddies lives,makes one want to weep.
    Coincidentally ,met Ian Paisley,he wasnt at all the Demagogue he was painted out to be.He did an awful lot for both Catholic and Protestant communities,which he never got credit for ...in the English press anyhow.
    Labourites? But surely it was John Major who started the ball rolling towards what became the Good Friday Agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
      Labourites? But surely it was John Major who started the ball rolling towards what became the Good Friday Agreement?
      It depends how far back you look. During the Thatcher Era there were some Labour MPs in opposition who were effectively blacklisted after attempting to negotiate peace talks between major factions in Ireland.
      There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

A riot over an Ice Hockey game? Only in Canada.

Hardly the so called Arab Spring is it?

I'm reminded of an observation by Jerry Seinfeld about sports fans who say 'We won, we won' after a game where he said 'No, they won. You watched'.
        allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Blackkat View Post
          This is so stupid. No offense but I've never been a fan of sports. How dumb over a game, and thinking of all the innocent people who will get hurt because of this. Just ridiculous.
          The point is that the sports are just an excuse for their bad behavior, and the real fans don't take part in such activities.

By the way, it always amuses me that much is make in the U.S. of soccer hooligans in the U.K., and yet there are many riots after sports events here that don't get the same type of publicity or reputation.
          Christopher T. George
          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
            A riot over an Ice Hockey game? Only in Canada.
            Uh, I would respectfully point out that there have been several post-Stanley cup riots in US cities over the years.
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

I wonder if the international media is showing the aftermath of the riots today--I'm wathing footage of hundreds of ordinary folks out in the streets with brooms and sponges cleaning up the mess.

Quite inspiring, in its way.
              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

I missed all this, because I'm not a fan of ice hockey. I can't actually see where the puck is going, until it's gone.

Comment

But the hooligans arent sports lovers....they are hooligans pure and simple.If they werent rioting at a liverpool match ,theyd be rioting at a cricket match ,or heaven forbid a Bowls tournament.Liverpool fans vs chelsea fans,
                  Just one question.

Why do you mention Liverpool fans?

I can't remember the last time there was a 'riot' at a Liverpool game.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Zeppelin View Post
                    Just one question.

Football has been mostly peaceful for at least twenty years now. I go to games regularly and the only teams I've seen putting the boot in are Cardiff and Milwall.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Zeppelin View Post
                      Just one question.

No particular reason....I could just as easily have said Accrington Stanley,or England.I didnt ,now if theres any Accrington Stanley fans out there,my apologies in advance.

Comment

No particular reason....I could just as easily have said Accrington Stanley,or England.I didnt ,now if theres any Accrington Stanley fans out there,my apologies in advance.
                        Not Milwall?
                        There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
                          Not Milwall?
                          No Tom,not Millwall,if I mention that lot -they might come and get me!

Comment

I can only think of three football teams that have swear words:

Arsenal, Scunthorpe and F***ing Milwall.

Any readers found any others?

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hi Caz

I once posted the word Scunthorpe on JTRForums.

It came out as S****horpe.

A lovely little town by the way and well worth a visit, errrr NOT.

xx
                              allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

I don't suppose the crowd ever riot at Scunthorpe. You can't riot if you're asleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X