No limits to immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
    Robert - I am not saying we shouldn't get rid of these criminals at all. Where have I said that? All I've said is - in most cases - we CAN get rid of them when they finish their sentences whereas we are lumbered with our own criminals when they come out of prison.
    But that is just the point Limehouse - we can't. Our hands are tied by the HRC, so any country that wants to get rid of it's rubbish dumps them in Britain knowing that we will have to take them.

Ask Caps what happened after Castro took over in Cuba. He emptied the prisons and a lot of gangsters ended up in Miami where they are still there. When the wall came down Russia chucked all it's rubbish out and a lot of them ended up in Brighton Beach in New York and London, and we can't chuck them back.

Comment

• Greetings.

Somebody labelled me a xenophobe. Here is the definition:
      xenophobia

an abnormal fear or hatred of foreigners and strange things.

Here are some of the places I’ve visited and lived in. France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Ukraine, Norway, Czech Republic, Hungary, Greece and Islands, Cyprus, Crete, Malta, Italy, Spain, Gibraltar, Gambia, America, Dominican Republic, Portugal, Egypt, South Africa, Aden, Gan, Malaya, Singapore, Indonesia, Madeira, Tenerife, Hong Kong, Australia, Mauritius, Reunion, Ireland and some others.

Gosh you would think as a xenophobe I would want to stay home wouldn’t you?

Here are some pictures of me hating foreigners.

In Bali with some friends of ours from Manchester, with Agoo our Balinese friend, Agoos wife with Pru and finally in Prague.

You can see the hatred of foreigners just oozing out of me can't you?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Bob,

Sometimes zenophobes carry their zenophobia around with them much the same as the flying pickets during the miners strike.(although I did in fact support the miner's strike and indeed supported the flying pickets.)

Also some zenophobes are selective on who they allow into their little island.

Just a thought.

Best wishes.

Comment

• Hi Zodiac

Most gladly.

Comment

• I've lived abroad for years, especially in Ethiopia.

I love this country, and I'm sure I wouldn't love it that much if there were too many French, Papoos or Inuits living there.

Loving people and foreign cultures doesn't mean you're ready to accept millions of people in your own country or "little island".

Indeed, when you love foreign countries and foreigners, you want these countries to keep their own cultures alive.

Millions of French people in Ethiopia would be a disaster - et vice-versa.

Comment

• Hi DVV

Good job the Roman Empire, the Egyptions, the Zulus didnt feel like that, isnt it?

Best wishes.

Comment

• "Robert you spectacularly miss the point here and you are a racist xenophobe, obviously a sexist and probably don't like kittens either."

OK, OK, Bob. But please don't tell everyone about my stick of celery and flying helmet - I'm trying to keep that a secr.....oh, bugger!

Comment

• Anyone can nicely sit at tables in public with whoever one wants, and still be contemptuous...
                  Cheers,
                  cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

• Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
                    Anyone can nicely sit at tables in public with whoever one wants, and still be contemptuous...
                    Well, I don't know about anyone... the old missionaries managed to do a whole lot of it though. "I love these ignorant savages"

And then there's the whole position thing, and clearly only missionaries would think it's a good idea to make everyone have sex in a way that allows women to sleep through it if they choose. Not that I don't want the option, mind you... just saying that your average man would not find that to be a plus.

But joking aside, there is a kind of xenophobia that prefers everything in it's place. My dad has it, and I don't understand it but as best I can tell, he wants to associate with foreigners in foreign lands, but not on American soil. And I don't think he begrudges them a place in the country, he just doesn't want to deal with them. It's pretty peculiar, but he gets very uncomfortable around people from other countries. Even Brits and Australians. And then suddenly hes mumbling, and starting and stopping conversations, he'll ask a question and then apologize... given the opportunity he will get out as fast as possible. If I didn't know the man I would think he was terrified of offending them, but he actually does that part with a certain degree of comfort. It is something I have noticed is not uncommon with members of my father's generation, and I've tried to sort it out before, and I think I just decided it was a cold war thing I would never understand, but I don't know. If it's on tv or in a museum, it's fascinating. If it's in the land of it's origin it is enriching. If it's in his living room it needs to get the eff out.
                    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      "Robert you spectacularly miss the point here and you are a racist xenophobe, obviously a sexist and probably don't like kittens either."

OK, OK, Bob. But please don't tell everyone about my stick of celery and flying helmet - I'm trying to keep that a secr.....oh, bugger!
                      Ah ha - vee know your secret now!

Comment

• Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
                        Anyone can nicely sit at tables in public with whoever one wants, and still be contemptuous...
                        Yes of course Caps. I travelled all the way to Bali with Mike and Ayesha (who I have known for years) from Manchester (18 hour flight) just so I could hide my contempt for them. We made friends with Agoo and his family and were invited to stay at his compound, because secretly we despise them. We linked up with French, German, Japanese and Czechs in Prague because we really detest foreigners.

We travel all over the world meeting people and making friends because secretly we can’t stand people from other countries.

Or perhaps, just perhaps, I’m not actually xenophobic!

I love meeting these people from all over, but would never in a thousand years demand that they change their way of life to conform to mine. I consider myself an uninvited guest and am always on my best behaviour.

And when people come to my country I expect them to behave in the same manner – and those that don’t I want ejected. Why do you find what I believe is a perfectly reasonable attitude so offensive?

If someone entered your house and started breaking up the place and stealing items you would want him removed at once. Why do you suggest that behaviour you wouldn’t tolerate in your own home is perfectly all right in your country?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                          Hi Bob,

Sometimes zenophobes carry their zenophobia around with them much the same as the flying pickets during the miners strike.(although I did in fact support the miner's strike and indeed supported the flying pickets.)

Also some zenophobes are selective on who they allow into their little island.

Just a thought.

Best wishes.
                          I'm assuming you mean xenophobia - yes of course you are absolutely right, in just the same way that people who dislike the water spend all the time swimming - just so no-one would know they dislike water.

You've got me - I travel all over the world meeting and making friends just because secretly, deep down, I don't like traveling and meeting people!

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                            place. My dad has it, and I don't understand it but as best I can tell, he wants to associate with foreigners in foreign lands, but not on American soil. And I don't think he begrudges them a place in the country, he just doesn't want to deal with them. It's pretty peculiar, but he gets very uncomfortable around people from other countries. Even Brits and Australians. And then suddenly hes mumbling, and starting and stopping conversations, he'll ask a question and then apologize... given the opportunity he will get out as fast as possible. .
                            The poor chap is probably terrified of saying something that would have the PC brigade hopping up and down and suing him!

Comment

• So nobody who chooses to go to another country can possibly be xenophobic? You learn something new every day. And there was I thinking that all immigrants to the UK were Brit-hating scroungers and law breakers.

It's all getting a wee bit: "I'm not bigoted, I even talk to the natives/blacks/gays/women." Good for you, Bob. Good for you.

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                              Interesting point you have made their and one that illustrates a point I made a while ago about basic fairness. If I tried to ride a motorcycle without wearing a helmet I am committing an offence, if a Sikh does not wear a helmet he is not - one law for us one law for them. If I carry a knife stuck into my belt going around the streets I would be arrested for carrying an offensive weapon - if a sikh does it he's not.

You see it makes people very angry that the law will excuse behaviour in one section of society, but will prosecute another section for doing exactly the same.
                              It makes who very angry? I suggest anyone who can work himself up (typically it's himself I find) into 'very angry' because Mr. Singh can ride himself helmetless into oblivion without breaking the law must either enjoy being angry or needs anger management classes for his own health and sanity. I mean come on, there are more things in this life to worry about, surely?

Originally posted by Errata View Post
                              I don't understand xenophobia. If I want to hear all of my own opinions, I'll say them in my head. I don't need an entire CITY full of people who think like I do. I need like, one person who doesn't even have to agree with me, they just have to think I'm awesome anyway. And I'm marrying him, so everyone else can be blue and come from the Tibetan Mole People Network I don't care. I mean, there are so many uninteresting people in the world, why on earth are you so anxious to surround yourself only with all the uninteresting people you already know? Who look like you and talk like you so your whole country starts to resemble a greek chorus in some morality play about international goodwill? I don't want that. I don't think I am so freaking special that everyone should be like me. I like Plurality. Even if a foreign person is uninteresting, at least they are NEW and uninteresting.
                              My feelings exactly, Errata.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                                The poor chap is probably terrified of saying something that would have the PC brigade hopping up and down and suing him!
                                Oh don't be so ridiculous!

All this 'the PC brigade have banned this and the PC brigade have banned that' stuff is so overblown and most of it is myth.

Comment

Working...
                                X