No limits to immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cappuccina View Post
    Glyn/Dougie....You did not answer my question...
    He has been suspended Caps.

Comment

• And again...

'Undesirable and dangerous' immigrant criminals can not be deported from Britain, say Euro judges

More than 200 foreign criminals could now be granted right to stay following test case
      Somali Abdisamad Adow Sufi convicted of burglary and robbery
      Avdiaziz Ibrahim Elmi guilty of robbery and supplying Class A drugs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1QamKp9nl

Nice to know we are still importing dangerous criminals who can't be deported. I wonder how many British victims we are going to have because of these foreign criminals? Still never mind, as long as their human rights are being looked after.

I'm sure it will be of great comfort to all those people who are going to be robbed, raped and murdered that 'due process ' was observed!

When are the British going to have the right not to be targeted by these animals?

Comment

• Although they can't be deported - it does not stop them fom being imprisoned in this country if they break the law. Therefore - undesirable they may be - but if dangerous they WILL be locked up.

Comment

• Taxi drivers do not have to wear seat belts at all whether they are plying or actually on a hire with passengers aboard.

Private Hire Vehicle drivers (advanced booking only minicabs that can't ply the streets) have to wear seat belts when their vehicle has no passengers (on the way to or from a hire), but don't have to wear a belt when passengers are in the vehicle.

That's the situation in Scotland anyway..... makes no sense to me either to be honest

And in my 5 years at this crummy job, I've only ever been glad I didn't have a belt on once.... which isn't a bad ratio I suppose.

The bloke I was carrying was sat in the front seat and was very drunk and aggressive... He changed his mind about his destination 3 or 4 times.... he paid me at the start of the hire (which I was glad about).... On about his 5th change of mind as to where he wanted to go, I said "tell you what mate... I'll drop you off at the police station... they'll sort you out."

He glares at me... "You do and I'll punch your head in."

No sooner had he said the word "in", I glanced in the mirror, jumped on the brakes, lifted the handbrake, got the key out, opened the door and got out all within about 3 seconds... He was wedged between the dashboard and the windscreen screaming his silly wee head off... lol

I phoned the police who turned up, checked I was OK and had been paid, then lifted Mr Drunk.

Anyway I went rather off-topic there... apologies...
          Last edited by johns; 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM. Reason: explained a PHV better

Comment

• Are we to assume that if they were deported the misery of victims would not matter in another country?

The sanctions to prevent deportation are fairly strict. Robbery, burglary and drug dealing are bad. But bad enough to knowingly send the criminals into the hands of torturers? Maybe not. A precedent is not a garuntee that any majority of cases will succeed.
            There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

• just for the record

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
              He has been suspended Caps.
              I have not reported any of Glyn's posts. I am sure I will be accused of it when he comes off his suspension, but I didn't report the poem, and I didn't report his latest offerings either, although I admit the thought crossed my mind.
              babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

• Hi Errata

Oh no, no, no. I won't be using chopsticks. That's just an outdated definition of Chineseness, at odds with our global, diverse and vibrant world of today.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
                  The sanctions to prevent deportation are fairly strict. Robbery, burglary and drug dealing are bad. But bad enough to knowingly send the criminals into the hands of torturers? Maybe not.
                  Hi TTK

Why on earth should foreign robbers, burglers and drug dealers and rapists and whatever not be put on the first plane back home after they have served their sentences in the country they were convicted in?

We're not talking Political Dissidents here are we?

They aren't going to have the Secret Police waiting at the airport for them.

(And by the way I'm as left-wing and pro-multiculturalism as they come)
                  allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                    I have not reported any of Glyn's posts. I am sure I will be accused of it when he comes off his suspension, but I didn't report the poem, and I didn't report his latest offerings either, although I admit the thought crossed my mind.
                    Don't worry Jen. I don't think anyone reported him. Dougie was a previously banned poster who behaved exactly like Glyn and I think Admin has worked out that Glyn is probably the poster-formally-known-as-dougie and suspended him pending enquiries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      Hi Errata

Oh no, no, no. I won't be using chopsticks. That's just an outdated definition of Chineseness, at odds with our global, diverse and vibrant world of today.
                      Oh please. Can't we have a break from those laughing emoticons?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Thomas View Post
                        Hi TTK

Why on earth should foreign robbers, burglers and drug dealers and rapists and whatever not be put on the first plane back home after they have served their sentences in the country they were convicted in?

We're not talking Political Dissidents here are we?

They aren't going to have the Secret Police waiting at the airport for them.

(And by the way I'm as left-wing and pro-multiculturalism as they come)
                        For the deportation order to be overturned then in theory (and i do stress the theory). That is the sort of thing that has to be proven. One of the core mandatory rights being breached, or reasonably expected to be breached at the other end. If that is the practice will take time totell. We can reasonably expect a large portion of the claims to be denied during the due process.

Others may prove a genuine threat to their life, threat of torture, and will be granted leave on a "lesser of the available evils". Unfortunately a human rights, by their nature,can not choose who is deserving of protection.
                        There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

• ahhh ok thanks Julie

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                          Don't worry Jen. I don't think anyone reported him. Dougie was a previously banned poster who behaved exactly like Glyn and I think Admin has worked out that Glyn is probably the poster-formally-known-as-dougie and suspended him pending enquiries.
                          Not really sure I knew dougie, but I also think Admin might have been monitoring him anyway after the poem incident!

I just don't like being blamed for things I am innocent of.
                          babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Hi Errata

Mastering the much more difficult art of standing two feet away and trying to spear your food with a single stick?
                            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Errata, if it's China I will probably run over my dinner with a tank.

Comment

Errata, if it's China I will probably run over my dinner with a tank.
                                Hi Robert,

They wouldn't even let you near a tank mate!!! Now, before you even dream about food, let alone dinner, get down that mineshaft right now you! We're running out of Tibetans, and that Plutonium won't mine itself you know!!!

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
                                And thus I clothe my naked villainy
                                With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
                                And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Working...
                                X