Book Collection for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Collection for Sale

Regrettably, for personal reasons, I need to sell my collection.

I have a collection of fact & fiction of JTR, and many books on the East End of London.

Any reasononbly offer will be considered. Just let me know what you are interested in.

Please send p mail if you are interested..

Coral

PS, regrettably do not have a 'William Stuart"!
    Last edited by coral; 05-19-2011, 01:25 AM.

Originally posted by coral View Post
    PS, regrettably do not have a 'William Stuart"!
    Right. Then you've lost my interest.

Seriously, though, I hate to hear of collectors selling their books. I can think of only one reason why I would sell mine, and that's....well, actually, I can't think of a reason. As far as I'm concerned, I'm taking them with me. (The crematorium will not be pleased.)

You might want to create a brief list of your library, Coral. I'll bet, for example, that you have signed editions that many of us don't have and would covet.

Comment

Hi Coral,

A list would be helpful.

Best wishes.

Comment

If you could please list them .

I'm sorry you have to sell.

Comment

Hi All

Thanks for your interest.

I have over a 1000 books so it will take me a while to produce a list (should have thought to do so before posting) so maybe I will list the books in batches - oldest ones first and see how it goes.

And yes I do have many books signed - some are dedicated to me- although I tried not to have them signed this way.

Coral

Comment

Have you thought about selling your collection to Loretta, Coral? If she bought the lot, or even a fair number of them, it would be a lot less hassle for you.

Comment

Hi GM

I will not sell to Loretta.

I few years ago I had a friend who offered his collection (similar to mine) to her & she would only offer a small amount per book regardless of its real value just to take it off his hands.

I'll take my chance & do it my way.

Coral

Comment

Fair enough. I just wondered if you had considered the option.

Comment

I'm ready to swap the complete works of Paulo Coelo for a pint of Guinness.

Comment

Hi Gm

My reply to you was abrupt & I apologise.

Coral

Comment

Coral,

No need to apologise, dear. I didn't think you were being abrupt at all. I completely understand your view of the matter.

Comment

Here are some of the rarer books –

Jack the Ripper – Through the Mist of Time by Peter Hodgson - only issued as a paperback 2002 – small print run as I think the printer went out of business.

Jack the Myth A New Look at the Ripper by A P Wolf – first editon 1993 with dust wrapper – again a small print run

Jack the Myth by A P Wolf A New Look at the Ripper – first editon 1993 no dust wrapper and the first page missing although this had no print on it.

The Killer Who Never Was by Peter Turnbull - first edition 1996 – no dust wrapper as it was never sold with one – very small print run.

Casebook on Jack the Ripper by Richard Whittington-Egan –first editon 1975 –no dust wrapper – a few of the introductory pages are missing but a friend let me have some phtocopies if them so they are inserts.

I Caught Crippen by Walter Dew - I have two copies printed 1938 – no dust wrappers on either – one is slightly water damaged on the cover and the other is an ex-library copy.

The First Jack the Ripper Victim Photographs by Robert J McLaughlin – first edition paperback – sign by the author – number 44 of 100 on 8 October 2005 at the book launch. This copy has never been read as I brought 2 copies

Any reasonable offer will be considered.

Coral

Comment

Oh, there's some very nice stuff here. Glad to say I own them all, except the Walter Dew. Dibs on the water-damaged one. I'll pm you.

Comment

I have also just completed a list of about 100 factual books (although that might be a misnomer in some cases!).

If any one would like to 'browse it' please let me have your email address so that I can send it over as an attachment.

The next 'list' will comprise contemporary biogs and other relevant titles.

Coral

Comment

Thanks for all your interest. I am being inundated with emails. I will answer them on a first come basis.

Coral
                              Last edited by coral; 05-22-2011, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X