Drambuie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drambuie

Alright maybe some of my friends from across the pond can help me out here. This has been my after work drink of choice for awhile now (I just drink it neat- no ice or anything) and I think it is delicious. I know its made from Scotch (Does anyone know what kind?), honey, and a secret mix of spices but does anyone know the process of how its made? My buddies from Scotland can chime in and let me know more about this golden elixir of the gods. Thank you
    Jordan

Hello Chainz,

best wishes

Phil
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Comment

The recipe has to remain secret, hasn't it ?

Cheers !

Comment

Aussi secrète que celle du 51 et de la Chartreuse.

Thanks to catholics, there are fabulous things to drink.

Comment

I've been to those sites and they didn't explain what I was looking for. Thats why I asked on here, perhaps someone from Great Britain can fill me in more precisely on the process of how its made.
          Jordan

Comment

The whisky must be an aged single malt (from the island of Skye ?) and the honey is heather honey, that's all I know. Anise is one of the herbs.....and I doubt anybody would know precisely the process of fabrication.

Comment

Single malt whisky from Skye and Heather honey, I'll check it out. Thank you DVV
              Jordan

Comment

Homemade drambuie soon to come ?

Comment

No, I'll just stick with my 20 dollar bottle I bought at the ABC store. Good stuff
                  Jordan

Comment

drambuie

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
                    No, I'll just stick with my 20 dollar bottle I bought at the ABC store. Good stuff
                    Jordan
                    It is I would imagine the Scotch is aged and sweetened with the honey and spices allowing it to meld together much in the same way fortified wine is made by adding brandy in the mixture as it is fermenting but I'm guessing.
                    Last edited by YankeeSergeant; 03-26-2011, 10:53 PM. Reason: spelling
                    Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Cool thanks YankeeSergeant, I'll check it out. I like drinking this stuff after a long day
                      Jordan

Comment

Working...
                      X