Cool 'Jazz Age' Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool 'Jazz Age' Website

Here's a link to a website devoted to the Roaring 20's, Art Deco, Art Moderne, etc.

The site has further links to 'Jazz Age' Music, Dance, Fashion, Theater, Personalities, Film, Venues, etc.

My friend Celesta and I think this site is really the bee's knees and the cat's meow, so I'm posting the link in case anyone else is interested.

jazz age, 1920s, twenties, 20s, 30s, the jazz age, Jazz Age Club

Enjoy!
    Archaic

Hello Bunny, many thanks............................................ ................................

.....and here is an awesome vid....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Keep On Truckin'!

David, you have such good taste!!! The 20's Flapper video you provided a link for has been in my YouTube "Favorites" list for several years! I recommend it to everyone.
      I absolutely adore anything Art Deco or Art Moderne. As many people have told me, I was born in the wrong era and should have been a flapper!

Here's one for you from the 30's. It's the amazing Ina Rae Hutton and Her Melodears doing Truckin'. The beautiful Ina Rae sang, dance, directed an all-female Jazz Band and ran one of the hippest Jazz Age nightclubs. Her female band often performed "in drag" wearing male attire, which was rather daring and borderline "scandalous". Her nightclub had female bartenders too. When you realize how close to the Victorian Era the Jazz Age was it's mind-boggling!

By the way, Truckin' is an old Harlem song that inspired a popular dance also called Truckin'. It was the inspiration for R. Crumb's 1968 Pop Art cartoon and slogan "Keep On Truckin' " (image attached)

1930's Nightclub Video of Ina Rae Hutton and Her Melodears performing Truckin': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3qS1ynyJss
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Archaic; 03-18-2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Here's an addition to the Jazz Age thread, although this also includes the 1930s. It's the art and photography of the American stage, although not all of these appear to be 'American.'

"What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

New Addition w/music

Here's a new addition to the Jazz Age thread, This is a nice site section for with music and radio programs you can listen to, as well as some good photos and art work.

"What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Jazz Age Slang

This site offers a list of Jazz Age slang, including such picturesque terms as "cake-eaters", "face stretchers", and "floor flushers", and "pen yen":

Comment

Working...
            X