Take Dancing Lessons
    5.00%
    Buy an Island
    15.00%
    Go to Space
    0.00%
    Other - please explain
    55.00%
    Last edited by Roy Corduroy; 03-11-2011, 08:39 PM.
    Sink the Bismark

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
    And Congratulations. Roy
    Right, here's what I'd do. Find a woman: brunette, big brown eyes, long dark hair with decent conversation, calm, open minded, easy going. We'd buy a yacht and sail round the world. We'd stop off in places like Malaysia and eat ourselves into oblivion, and then rise again like Jesus Christ and explore the world for years! I'd find a new species of snake and come back with a potato and be granted a hero's welcome. We'd be married back in England in a small church in Pity Me in County Durham and then we'd get divorced and she'd take me through the law courts and gain access to all my lottery money leaving me a pauper. But, we'd have a right old time, and I'd be happy with the memories and live the rest of my days with a beard in which you could lose a badger due to spending far too much reading Nietzsche and thinking I'm Zarathustra!

Comment

Years ago, we had this discussion at work. Jokingly, I said I would commission Scottish and Newcastle to make a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale the size and shape of the Eiffel Tower, and lie on my back at the bottom, spreadeagled, with a straw in my mouth while that wonderful substance pumped into me until I was dead.

My colleague, Diane, (not my greatest fan) said, "If I won the lottery, I'd give the money to Steve".

Just goes to show... er... something.

Steve.

Comment

Stop eating pizza for a while.

Comment

Never had a single bite of pizza in my life. A bit sad that I'm proud of this I suppose.

Steve.

Comment

No worries, Steve. People are proud of everything these times.

Comment

I'd buy 50 acres of land and open up a no-killer shelter for all sorts of animals, but primarily dogs.

And I'd buy another 50 acres and open up a kill shelter for people who annoy me. We'd hunt them like the most dangerous game. (that was a joke before people who lack humor hit Report Post on me)

Let all Oz be agreed;
              I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                I'd buy 50 acres of land and open up a no-killer shelter for all sorts of animals, but primarily dogs.

And I'd buy another 50 acres and open up a kill shelter for people who annoy me. We'd hunt them like the most dangerous game. (that was a joke before people who lack humor hit Report Post on me)
                None of them would be missed Ally, I'm sure they wouldn't be missed.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Astounding that you prefer dogs to people, Ally.

Steve.

Comment

I'd buy a car, but hire a chauffeur. If I were to learn to drive, everyone else would be about as safe as a Japanese window-cleaner.

Comment

okay. this is easy. design and build a house. preferably on a river. put 500,000 in growth stock mutual funds to pay for books for the rest of my life. the rest goes towards saving the Kakapo.
                      The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                        I'd buy a car, but hire a chauffeur. If I were to learn to drive, everyone else would be about as safe as a Japanese window-cleaner.
                        Hello Robert,

We have a common link again Robert. I do not drive either. My chauffeur would be of a certain type. Quiet, intelligent and thoughtful ;-)

best wishes

Phil
                        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                        Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          None of them would be missed Ally, I'm sure they wouldn't be missed.
                          I'm sure they wouldn't be missed by Ally!!

Archaic

Comment

I'd give all my money to a developing nation.

Mike
                            huh?

Comment

With the provision that I'd be made emperor for life, not to be less than 20 years nor to exceed 75.

Mike
                              huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X