Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what song are you listening to right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is sublime! What a beautiful voice! Thanks so much for posting.

Comment

• For about the past month I've been on this big Beatles kick. Pick your favorite Beatles song and I've probably been listening to it.
      "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

• Hi Billy.

I'm on a lifelong Beatles kick!

Tonight at Christmas someone mentioned the Seattle band Death Cab For Cutie. (You might know their song 'Into The Dark.')

WITHOUT googling anything, does anybody know the Beatles tie-in to the band's name??

Cheers,
        Archaic

Comment

• Shirts

Yes Bunny, but I think you have to go via the ventricles of your heart, my dear, through the holes in your string vest!

All the best

Dave

Comment

• Hello BillyE!

Well, how about Come Together?

All the best
            Jukka
            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Never liked this kind of stuff when it came out, but now I can see it as a nice comic turn :

Fronted by Buster Bloodvessel (born Douglas Trendle), the band was formed in 1976 while the members were at school together, and among their early incarnatio...

Comment

• Hello Robert!

If this thread is turning into bad taste recordings, do you think any other group can top Eläkeläiset (=The Pensioners) in this field with song about our former president based on a Simon & Garfunkel song?

All "the best"
                Jukka
                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• But I don't know what they're singing, Jukka.

Comment

• Hello Robert!

Well, basically;

They are missing the cold war and president Kekkonen.

All the best
                    Jukka

Comment

• I looked him up. Decrepit old guy, made Ronnie Reagan look like a teenager.

Comment

• Things that go bump...

Like the Living Dead...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xza5Y6-RcP8

I love it

Comment

• "Come Together" is one of my favorite Beatles songs. I've been playing that one a lot. Also "A Day in the Life", "I Am the Walrus", and "Glass Onion."
                          "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyE View Post
                            "Come Together" is one of my favorite Beatles songs. I've been playing that one a lot. Also "A Day in the Life", "I Am the Walrus", and "Glass Onion."
                            Well, you have good taste. With the Beatles you could name so many favorite songs. Really these days they don't get the credit they deserve. What other band wrote so many good songs. Every album was a treasure of good playing, good harmonies, songs that still are great. Uhm, I'm betting you liked Strawberry Fields but forgot to put it down...I forgive you.

Meanwhile, I do love this song by Jethro Tull:

This flute-dominated instrumental, based on Bach's 'Suite in E Minor for Lute', was a track on Jethro Tull's excellent 'Stand Up' (1969). Personnel: Ian Ande...

Comment

• I have been trying to work out how Kermit the Frog got to sing with Canned Heat :

Comment

• [QUOTE=Robert;251010]I have been trying to work out how Kermit the Frog got to sing with Canned Heat :

Kermie got around.

since the first time i ever heard this song I thought it sounded like Kermit the frog. so I decided to make this video all in fun. nothing against the singer...

Comment

Working...
                                X