Cricket, lovely cricket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monty:

Quick trivia question for you: How many English bowlers have taken more Test wickets than Glenn McGrath?

Oh, and he got 5-0 right a few years ago.....and the '05 Ashes would have been ours too if it hadn't been for that freaky accident of his at Edgbaston which I don't want to think about ever again.

Steven:

Funnily enough, commentators were saying that if our current form continues, we could be No. 1 again by next year. But who cares about stats? The stats say that India are the 2nd best team in the world, FFS.
    And England as #1? LOL.

An Indian said during the Third Test, on the back of David Warner's brilliant innings, "all you Aussies have is bullying and arrogance."

We can live with that.....

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

• Really enjoyed David Warner in Star Trek VI. Didn't know he could play cricket though.

Comment

• Steven:

He's going to make Anderpies & Co look very silly next year....has only played 5 tests and has already carried his bat once and now entered the top 5 fastest test hundreds of all time as well. There's a frightener for ya - oh, and Watson to still come back into the team as well, just quietly.

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

• Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• 41st test match hundred for Ricky today, and also his passing the 13,000 test match runs mark. 3rd highest of all time.

What a superstar. Critics can sit the f.....reakin' hell back down.

Oh, and a ton for Captain Clarke as well, just for good measure....

I can barely contain myself for 2013 now.

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

• LOL @ the rabble that is the UN cricket team.

Bowled out for 72 chasing 145 against a D-grade Pakistan team, Monty? On the same day that we completed a 4-0 whitewash against India by 298 runs? Surely this is all too good to be true.....it's like somebody has wound the clock back a decade. Normal service has been resumed - Australia invincible, England faecal.

Life is good. C'mon Pakistan!

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

• Congratulations to Pakistan.

A thoroughly magnificent achievement against the best team in the world. No Australian type excuses from me, we were soundly beaten.

Just goes to prove that Pakistan is a far better team than Australia, given the fact they have beaten us and Australia have failed to do that since what? 2007? Something like that.

And whilst ist shameful to be skittled out for 72, it certainly isn't as bad as Australias 49 all out a few weeks ago.

Some people have short memories, and large mouths.

The false hope they have now boils over to hysteria, and they forget.....they'll be playing on our manor where 49 all out will be the par for them.

Monty
                Monty

Comment

• Monty:

Well actually i'm pretty sure the last time we played Pakistan, we beat them, and that was when they still had a semi-decent team.

We've beaten you in both the 2009 and 2010/11 Ashes, just haven't gone on to win the series. 2013 will change all of that, it's all coming together nicely for us and falling apart at a most unfortunate time for you.

As for us being bowled out for 47 (not 49, you oaf) that was against South Africa, who have arguably the best pace attack in the world, on their home turf where they were rolled over for 96 the same day. Not only that, but it was months and months ago now, and aren't you all for not dwelling on the past but speaking of most recent form?

You could save yourselves a lot of time and pain if you just do the honourable thing and relinquish the urn now and be done with it.

Cheers,
                  Adam.

Comment

• Adam,
                    Could you please PM me where you get your drugs from?
                    Steve.

Comment

• You should sit up and take note of this Pakistani team, cos they aint the rabble we played a season ago.

They have some real young talent. Far more dangerous than your boys. A spinner who can turn it for starters, who has claimed far more victims than Warne had done in his opening tests. I tell you, Warnes record will go to him, maybe Muralis too.

If you haven't won the series then you haven't won numbnut. One test here and there out of many. If you want to go down that line then yes, you've won the odd game whereas we have beaten you time, and time , and time again....crushing you by multiple innings and bowling you out for less than a 100 a couple of times in the process.

Yes, 47. I was being kind.

Pakistan earnt their victory and were the better side. You've just beaten an aging team of has beens who were crushed a few months ago when they were No1, not down when you played them. We merely softened them up for you.

Come to England, see the sites, Tower of London, Edinburgh Castle, Buckingham Palace, the Ashes. Been here for years, staying here for years.

Seriously, your team hasn't performed on English soil since when? 2003? Yet you still shoot yer lip. Entertaining....if wholly incorrect.

I smell you fear son, it often due to the bull$hite you spew.

Enjoy your summer, I'll enjoy ours...and our urn.

Monty

Monty

Comment

• Steven:

No need for a PM. Please contact me via the following address:

F. Mortimer
                        36 Berner Street
                        St. George's-East
                        London, UK

Monty:

Wow, i'm so proud of you, a post that's more than half a sentence long. Unfortunately, however, it's still tripe.

Who's this young Pakistani spinner you're talking about? As far as I know their spinners are Abdul Rehman and Saeed Ajmal, both of whom are on the wrong side of 30......whatever happened to Danish Kaneria?

They have no Mohammad Yousuf, no Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif, Mohammed Aamer, etc etc....they are a mediocre team at best on paper, and yet they've flogged you two tests out of two. I watched the highlights the other night and the UN would have struggled to beat my local 3rd's team.

You blokes couldn't get Rahul Dravid out when you played them - over here, he made one fifty for the whole series. In fact, only one Indian batsman scored a hundred for the whole series, and that was in the dead rubber. So spare me the 'we softened them up' crap.

The beauty is that we now have a SQUAD of players who can win the Ashes back, not just part of a TEAM.....our fast bowling stocks are overflowing while your fast bowling stocks consist of Freddie Flintoff hosting his own TV show.

See you over there.....still waiting for our Twenty20 match.....just brought a new bat as well.

Cheers,
                        Adam.

Comment

• You had a chance to come back with something of substance Adam,

You just blew it.

Hold on to your false hope, tis all you have.

Im off to fine some true contenders.

Monty
                          Monty

Comment

• Adam,

Who are you trying to convince? Keep saying it and you might end up believing it. Ignorance is bliss when 'tis folly to be wise.

Steve.

Comment

• Listen to the two of you! I'm actually quite disappointed, I expected at least a small amount of humility if for nothing else than the good cricket that's been played recently, especially from you Steven.....knew there was a reason why our ancestors decided that it was better to stay in their prison island for eternity than to return to the motherland.

You'll both be chortling on the other side of your face when Dave Warner opens the Ashes with a switch-hit six placed over wide mid-on off Anderpies....he makes Viv Richards look like a block artist.

Pleasant dreams of 2013, gents.....and c'mon Pakistan!

Cheers,
                              Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
                                Listen to the two of you! I'm actually quite disappointed, I expected at least a small amount of humility if for nothing else than the good cricket that's been played recently, especially from you Steven.....knew there was a reason why our ancestors decided that it was better to stay in their prison island for eternity than to return to the motherland.

You'll both be chortling on the other side of your face when Dave Warner opens the Ashes with a switch-hit six placed over wide mid-on off Anderpies....he makes Viv Richards look like a block artist.

Pleasant dreams of 2013, gents.....and c'mon Pakistan!

Cheers,
                                Adam.
                                I gave humility, to the victors who desreved it...Pakistan. For it was they who beat us.

Anyone would have thunk Australia had a hand in it.

Come back to me when you do beat us in a series. Ive been waiting 5 years now. Ive patience.....I'll wait 5 more......even longer looking at the average standard of your last performances against your Betters.

Keep wallowing in self delusions and false hope. For it will happen, and when it does, I will be merciless.

Monty
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X