X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand on heart

Do you think case will ever be solved?

Deep down do you really WANT it to be?

I don't know if it will be solved but yes I want to know who it was.

Comment

Hi Kaz,

Unless something watertight that nobody could trash emerged,then the possibility could be there...the difficulty would be how to prove it beyond doubt this long after the event.

Hand on heart...no,I wouldn't like it solved.

It's true value lies in the fact that it can encourage people to get interested in history and further others historical knowledge.There is a bit of "Sherlock" in all of us,and although we all take it very seriously,it gives everyone the chance to play detective.

Obviously,we all have a strong feeling of protectiveness and respect towards the victims.

I personally feel there is the possibility that the answer lay amongst the gossip and chatter of the locals,without them knowing it.

Comment

It's possible to solve the case. But what needs to happen is to have all of the outdated and/or stupid conspiracy theories and rubbish suspects wiped off the radar once and for all, and have everybody focus on the mainstream suspects and other avenues of inquiry. History shows that there's a high percentage chance that the killer will have already been named some time, somewhere in police records.

Still....the chances of that actually happening are virtually nil, and there will always be people who wouldn't believe the evidence even if you found the proverbial "smoking gun", so it won't happen.....not any time soon anyway...

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Hand on heart- I think there are ways in which it could be solved, but no, I don't think it ever will be. But yes, I do sincerely wish with all my heart, mind, and spirit that it would be. JTR was an SOB and his getting away with it scot free is absolutely maddening. If it was somehow solved beyond a shadow of a doubt I think I would feel a tremendous flood of satisfying emotion that would stick with me for the rest of my life.

Comment

Its possible but very unlikely that the case could be solved.Maybe if the likes of Matters had done a serious investigation the truth could have been found then.

Would like it to be especially for all those innocent people whove been accussed of being JTR over the years.
            Last edited by ianincleveland; 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

1) No
              2) Yes

Caveat to question 1.... Unless some amazing mind boggling science fiction type technology is invented, such as time travel, it will never be solved conclusively.

Comment

solving it

If this case was ever solved I would have to find a new hobby after 30 years .
                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

I want it to be solved the day before I die. My new hobby would then be, staying alive.

Comment

Not a cat in hells chance it will be solved, certainly not conclusively accepted as being " case closed" . It may be that the killers identity has already been proven , who knows ? If so his name may well appear on this very websites " suspects " section but you only have to thereby open one of those suspect threads and see the disagreements that take place . Granted many on there are in my opinion absolute tosh but who am I to honestly say that one of them isn't the man ? Should any " absolute proof " be put forward , you only need to get another experts opinion to dismiss it and then the whole thing begins to descend into conflict again . Possibly human nature ? Perhaps we just prefer an open case to a closed one ?

Comment

I don't think the case will ever be solved. I do truly believe that the killer's name is not posted in a single place on this website, that we're not even close to solving it and never will be.

I'd of course love to see it solved, to satisfy my own burning curiosity, but that's a selfish view: I've already had time to be fascinated by the ins-and-outs of the case, by solving it we would deny this to future generations.

Comment

Hi,
                        So its not Kosminski then?
                        He certainly appears to be getting his fair share of publicity at the moment..
                        From a personal view , I would guess that the killer was at one time interviewed by the police, but never seriously considered.
                        Its almost certain that they never knew the identity of the killer, although many hold the belief that they kept it secret, for one reason or another.
                        I would have loved to have known McCarthy's choice of suspect, according to Fiona he had one, and it was known by the family, and handed down.
                        Fascinating , but as yet not revealed ..i hate dangling carrots
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

Hmm, I doubt very much it will be solved in my lifetime. There is always the promise of new technology, whatever that may entail. After all, in 1888 the idea of aeroplanes was far fetched but "we" went to the moon more than 40 years ago. Who knows then, what technologies lie before us?

Do I want it to be solved? You better believe it!!!! Let future generations concentrate on something else e.g. the JFK thing. I mean, no one but an absolute fool believes it was Lee Oswald so.......

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                            Hi,
                            So its not Kosminski then?
                            He certainly appears to be getting his fair share of publicity at the moment..
                            From a personal view , I would guess that the killer was at one time interviewed by the police, but never seriously considered.
                            Its almost certain that they never knew the identity of the killer, although many hold the belief that they kept it secret, for one reason or another.
                            I would have loved to have known McCarthy's choice of suspect, according to Fiona he had one, and it was known by the family, and handed down.
                            Fascinating , but as yet not revealed ..i hate dangling carrots
                            Regards Richard.
                            I believe the killer was very likely somebody who very much resembled Aaron Kosminski, David Cohen, or Hyman Hyams, but not any of those gentleman particularly.

Comment

To be 100% honest, I'd not wish it to be solved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Some of the awe and mystery of dark streets and foggy nights would pass away with the unmasking of the Ripper.
                              - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                              X