No announcement yet.

Leslie Van Houten should be released on parole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting thought, Stephen (Joan Didion).

True, those years were strange (as far as I can make out...being born between the Hinman and the Tate murders), sweet and crazy at the same time.

I've just bought "1969, the year everything changed" by one Rob Kirkpatrick.
    Seems a good book, but I haven't read it yet.

Amitiés,
    David

Comment

• But again Bugilosi has never said that he thought she SHOULD be freed. Or if he has I would like to know the source.

So where did he ever put forth his opinion that she is deserving of being released from prison?

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Bugliosi of course never said she should be freed, but he observed that, thanks to her improvement, remorse, prison records, etc, she wasn't a desperate case for parole.

Comment

• Free Leslie

I am a supporter of the release of Leslie Van Houten, it has been too long!

In response to the above, she has been continually and consistently given excellent reviews from the prison doctors as suitable for parole. She is being treated like a political prisoner.

Other reasons:

1. She was the youngest defendant and to me the most vulnerable of the groups that went on those two horrible nights.
          2. She did the least as compared to SA, PK, and Tex. That said, "least' is an inappropriate word. As I have said many times, her acts of violence were terrible and are not to be lessened nor mitigated by what others have done.
          3. Since 1973 (which I feel is post-Manson) she has done the most with her time in prison, though some could make a case that PK has been just as productive.
          4. Right or wrong, I believe every word she has said in her parole hearings and interviews. I understand that in many cases they conflict with her statements pretrial and during the trial. I never felt this way watching SA, PK or Tex.
          5. She fell in love (or became infatuated) with BB, met Gypsy and ended up in an environment that many say was "wonderful" until about June-July 1969. She was too young and immature to do what many did (got the hell out of there) when the situation changed.

The State of California is not honoring their sentence. How does one have the possibility of parole and then does everything perfectly, and yet she rots in jail. California is applying cruel and unusual punishment.

Thanks for the read and support,

FreeLeslie

Comment

• Hey

I like your style FL.
            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

• Oh goodie the lunatic fringe arrives.

Originally posted by FreeLeslie View Post
              No it hasn't.
              In response to the above, she has been continually and consistently given excellent reviews from the prison doctors as suitable for parole.
              Source? Documents? Evidence? oh right...there are none.

She is being treated like a political prisoner.
              No she isn't. She's being treated like the cold-blooded murdering bitch that she is.

1. She was the youngest defendant and to me the most vulnerable of the groups that went on those two horrible nights.
              The most vulnerable? SHE ASKED to go. She was also the one who by her own admission was LEAST in the thrall of Manson. What she did, she did of her own free will and choice. She was over the age of consent and was a legal adult. Her age is entirely irrelevant.

2. She did the least as compared to SA, PK, and Tex. That said, "least' is an inappropriate word. As I have said many times, her acts of violence were terrible and are not to be lessened nor mitigated by what others have done.
              So what that she did "the least". She was a willful participant in action and support in the slaughter of half a dozen people. The fact that she only wielded the knife once is irrelevant. She bears equal responsibility for every single person who died in that plot as much as someone who builds a bomb is as responsible for the deaths it causes as the person who actually detonates it.

3. Since 1973 (which I feel is post-Manson) she has done the most with her time in prison, though some could make a case that PK has been just as productive.
              Whoopty freaking do. If only she'd made the choice do the most with her time while she was on the outside. It's easy for a cult following weak minded type to do well in prison. They require someone to lead them and tell them what to do. Lots of truly evil hideous people are model prisoners. It has no bearing on what they choose to do when given the freedom to act as they choose. And we've seen how she chooses to act when allowed her own way.

4. Right or wrong, I believe every word she has said in her parole hearings and interviews. I understand that in many cases they conflict with her statements pretrial and during the trial. I never felt this way watching SA, PK or Tex.
              And that's your belief. I don't care about beliefs. I care about facts. And the fact is, she murdered people. There is no going back from that. There is no second chance for her victims and therefore, no second chance for her.

5. She fell in love (or became infatuated) with BB, met Gypsy and ended up in an environment that many say was "wonderful" until about June-July 1969. She was too young and immature to do what many did (got the hell out of there) when the situation changed.
              Oh what a crock of crap. She had full choice and full will and there is no "falling in love" excuse on the planet suitable to justify what she did. She was NOT that young. Everyone on this board has been 19 and in love. And we don't go around slaughtering people because of it. It was her BAD decisions and her bad choices and the fact that she is the kind of person who would do that sort of thing is NOT attributable to age, but to a flawed character.

The State of California is not honoring their sentence. How does one have the possibility of parole and then does everything perfectly, and yet she rots in jail. California is applying cruel and unusual punishment.
              The possibility of parole is NOT a guarantee of parole. And perhaps, unlike you, they don't believe her protestations of responsibility since she seems to contradict them every other sentence.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeLeslie View Post

In response to the above, she has been continually and consistently given excellent reviews from the prison doctors as suitable for parole. She is being treated like a political prisoner.

Other reasons:

Thanks for the read and support,

FreeLeslie

True and well said.

Her last parole hearings were just a sadistic game.

Except for the crime itself, they have no arguments to deny her parole.

Amitiés,
                David

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post

Except for the crime itself, they have no arguments to deny her parole.
                  Except for the crime itself? Er...the crime itself is generally what DOES keep people in prison. And mass murderers don't get let out for good behavior.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Once again...(Thanks to Leslie who taught me patience...):

"They can't use the crime forever and ever. That turns her sentence into life without parole."
                    Judge Krug

And again, she's not a mass murderer.

Comment

• Ally,
                      With all due respect, I have spent countless hours reading and reviewing testimony, coroner's report, parole hearings, California law, etc. You do not want to get into a discussion of the facts with me. There are five factual errors in your response rant above.

Your best bet is to stay out there on the edge and lob insults and innuendo.

Your beliefs to not bother nor threaten me, I wish you well.

FreeLeslie

Comment

• Originally posted by DVV View Post

"They can't use the crime forever and ever. That turns her sentence into life without parole."
                        Judge Krug
                        She's not dead yet. They can grant her parole on her 99th birthday.

And again, she's not a mass murderer.
                        Yes she is. She was in the house where two people died and she participated. If two people go and shoot forty people it doesn't legitimately matter if one killed 22 and one killed 18.

She as a part of a group killed two people. She knew going into that house that they were going to kill everyone in it. She is a multiple murderer in fact.

And she knew full well of the Tate murders and she bears equal responsibility for their deaths.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• [QUOTE=FreeLeslie;127285]Ally,
                          You do not want to get into a discussion of the facts with me. There are five factual errors in your response rant above.
                          Five huh. Wow. And you'd rather write this twaddle than point them out?

Apparently they do threaten you since you'd rather write idiotic blather about how you are the man and know it all rather than engage in a debate on the facts of the case.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Originally posted by FreeLeslie View Post
                            Ally,
                            With all due respect, I have spent countless hours reading and reviewing testimony, coroner's report, parole hearings, California law, etc. You do not want to get into a discussion of the facts with me. There are five factual errors in your response rant above.

Your best bet is to stay out there on the edge and lob insults and innuendo.

FreeLeslie
                            Isn't that funny, Freeleslie ?

Disagreeing with Ally is a mental disease, apparently.

No wonder if she accused Leslie Van Houten of mass murder.

Leslie Van Houten killed six millions people, in fact.

All stabbed in the back.

Amitiés,
                            David

Comment

• And considering the above is what passes for logical debate by her fervent supporters, I feel comfortable.

Please do point out where I said disagreeing with me is a mental disease, DVV?

So let me ask you this DVV if someone stood guard while someone else butchered your family and they only stabbed ONE of your family members, does that mean they aren't responsible for the others? They only are to blame for ONE death and not all the deaths that occurred in that house?

She is DIRECTLY responsible for the murders of both people in that house. And she is culpable for every single death that occurred as a result of that plot. She could have been and should have been tried for those crimes as well.

And considering that she was originally given a death sentence, life without parole is a suitable substitute.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
                                And she knew full well of the Tate murders and she bears equal responsibility for their deaths.
                                Not according to the State of California, there were no facts that she had knowledge of Tate prior to the crime. She found out the morning after from PK.

They dropped the conspiracy count in the third trial. The original conviction was overturned, the second trial ended in a mistrial due to a 7-3-2 hung jury.

Stephen Kay was worried and took the safest path in the third trial, even the silliness of adding a burglary charge over the food, clothes and a few coins.

FreeLeslie

Comment

Working...
                                X