• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doris
    replied
    hiya folks,

sorry I have been so long responding.
    I have been reading, reading and reading some more.

Maurice, thanks for the advice aboot that Matters first ed. My only interest in it was from a collectors viewpoint, ill give it a miss then!

I have had even more to read of late, I told the charity shop where my interests lay and they called me a couple of days ago and told me they had a few books I may like. I popped in to see them and they had the following for 3 quid.

Dark truths - dr kurz
    The serial killers-Colin wilson and donald seaman
    Britain and the world in the 19th century- tull and bulwer
    fred and rose-howard sounes

I have really enjoyed reading them, what a splendid charity shope eh?
    One that keeps books that I may like and then telephones me when they have a few.

Iam on my fifth notebook now, and my slumbers are filled with horrific images.

I always thought that Donald Rumbelow was supposed to be a reliable JTR source. But his book is stuffed with mistakes. According to him MJK was gravid, AC was found with her rings and farthings, and many many more errors.

It is almost as interesting learning about the history of JTR myths as it is learning about JTR.

Cheerio chums

Doris

Leave a comment:

• The Grave Maurice
    replied
    Doris. Come on. If you're going to be a collector, the first thing you have to know is when you're being taken. A 1st, in that condition, is way over-priced. Wait.
    If you just want to read the text, buy a scruffy paperback edition for a couple of quid.

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Doris,

I would say its up to you. To me, no, not really, but perhaps worth a read, if it was cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied
    Edition: First Edition Binding: Hardcover Publisher: Hutchinson & Co., Ltd., London Date published: 1928

Description: Good/No Jacket. Used First edition of 1928, with 10 illustrations and 5 diagrams on plates. Red cloth boards, worn and scratched, starting to split on edges of spine. Spine faded. Front hinge cracked, FEP cut away, and plates for the most part loose but still present. Some loose pages worn on edges; contents otherwise clean and sound throughout.

Is the above book worth 140 pounds? Please.

doris

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Hi Doris,

Nothing out of the ordinary besides the name. He was, no doubt a person suffereing from OCD.

The locatons? I don't think so, possibaly.

Yes, the "Black dahlia" is very interesting.

Yours truly

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied
    Originally posted by corey123 View Post
    Hi Doris,

I too am interested by Zodiac. Those "cryptagrams" are nonsense. Not worth the paper they are printed on.

I think his need for attention to be most interesting. The "Black Dahlia", Gilles de Rais, Colonial parkway killer(because I used to live a mile from colonial parkway[virginia]), "Jack the Stripper" and many other cases interest me.

If I had to list them all they would number in the hundreds.

Yours truly

p.s I dont know. I have not looked at that case too much.
    Have a look corey

do you think first and last names, and body locations could all have the same initial by coincidence.

I have the maths somewhere that I worked out and it is very, very unlikely.

doris

off the top of my head is it not 1 out of 26 to the power of 3?

Oh no, both names started with same letter, and they are in sequence cannot be bothered to work it out.

I too am interested in black dahlia, I remeber being intrigued by namne simmilarities with another famous previous murderer, whose name I have disremebered
    Last edited by doris; 03-01-2010, 01:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Hi doris,

Why do you think we are all here then? We all suffer from CRS. Thats what we all have in common. Thats all too.

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied
    Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
    Yep.

I know the feeling.
    Thanks for the price info, and its good to know Iam not alone.

Like therapy group meetings!

doris

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Hi Doris,

I too am interested by Zodiac. Those "cryptagrams" are nonsense. Not worth the paper they are printed on.

I think his need for attention to be most interesting. The "Black Dahlia", Gilles de Rais, Colonial parkway killer(because I used to live a mile from colonial parkway[virginia]), "Jack the Stripper" and many other cases interest me.

If I had to list them all they would number in the hundreds.

Yours truly

p.s I dont know. I have not looked at that case too much.

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied
    Hi Doris,

We all do it. Thats what it is being a ripperologist. Just remember to take breaks now and then. .

Also, just don't stick to Jack the Ripper. I am sure other criminal cases would also interest you.
    Actually, I have for years, been intrigued by the Zodiac.
    Many hours I have spent with a bit of paper scratching my head over his undecrypted messages.

doris

oh, and I often wonder if the 'alphabet murders' name simmilarities and body discovery location names could be conincidences.
    Last edited by doris; 03-01-2010, 01:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Grave Maurice
    replied
    Originally posted by doris View Post
    Are those L maters prices for first editions maurice?
    Yep.

MUST own ripper books.
    I know the feeling.

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Hi Doris,

We all do it. Thats what it is being a ripperologist. Just remember to take breaks now and then. .

Also, just don't stick to Jack the Ripper. I am sure other criminal cases would also interest you.

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied
    Hi Doris,

It happens to us all. I doubt there is one man or woman on here who has not had a dream or nighmare about "Saucy Jacky". I know I have. Long ago.
    Hehe, I knew things had become serious Corey when I found myself making a list, page by page, of all the errors T Cullen made.

doris

Leave a comment:

• corey123
    replied
    Hi Doris,

It happens to us all. I doubt there is one man or woman on here who has not had a dream or nighmare about "Saucy Jacky". I know I have. Long ago.

Leave a comment:

• doris
    replied
    Ive doen Knights royals book.

Iam startinh Spierling's price jack now.

My head is spinning, and I keep seeing top hats and gladstone bags when I close my eyes.

God knows what Ill dream about tonight!

doris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X