No announcement yet.

Strangest Song Titles..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half Man, Half Biscuit's "F***ing Hell, It's Fred Titmus" is a personal favourite. Ditto "My Pink Half of the Drainpipe" by the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

Surprised "Ying Tong Iddle Eye Po" hasn't made an appearance yet
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I forgot that Fred Titmus song.... did they do "99% of Gargoyles look like Bob Todd" ?

Comment

- Procol Harum as a name of a band (which is incorrect Latin, as Lynn Cates undoubtedly will notice)
        - Crimson and Clover (the Joan Jett version of it being one of the sexiests songs ever, in my opinion)
        - Cherry bomb by The Runaways (I LOVE Cherie Currie, esp. when she was a teenager)
        - Bone China by Mother Love Bone
        - Hands all over by Soundgarden (perfect as backdrop in my iPod when dropping in an icy halfpipe for the first run of the day)
        - Brain of JFK by Pearl Jam (actually, every song title by Pearl Jam)
        - The smashin' pumpkins' Siamese Dream (although this is an album title)
        - Incesticide by Nirvana (another album title. My favorite track from it being Stain)
        - Frogstomp as an album title by Silverchair (my favorite track: Pure massacre, which is perfect background music for doing kicker jumps, also thanks to the ff-pp effects)
        - The Sex Pistols' Never mind the bollocks as an album title
        - Enema of the state by Blink 123 (cute album title)
        - The Beatles' Helter Skelter (I can't stand The Beatles, but Helter Skelter is essentially proto-metal, and contains some fine drumming by Ringo Starr)

Mmm, how'bout some Hip Hop, to wrap it up?
        - Bootylicious by Destiny's Child
        - Rabbit run by Eminem
        - Bitch, please! by Dr Dre, Snoop Doggy Dog, Xzibit, Eminem, and Nate Dog
        Best regards,
        Maria

Comment

My Old Man's A Dustman

I Love Onions ~Susan Christie

Hey There Little Red Riding Hood ~Sam The Sham And The Pharoahs

Kookie Lend Me Your Comb

Hello Muddah Hello Faddah

The Witch Doctor (Oo ee oo aa aaaa)

My Boomerang Won't Comeback

Comment

Sparks - Angst In My Pants and I Married Myself
            Roxy Music - Pyjamarama
            T Rex - Rabbit Fighter
            Pink Floyd - Careful With That Axe, Eugene
            Captain Beefheart - Big Eyed Beans From Venus
            Max Bygraves - You're A Pink Toothbrush I'm A Blue Toothbrush

Comment

Hi Maria. Silverchair is one of my very favorite bands, although they're virtually unknown now in the U.S. I also liked the new movie on the Runaways. Joan Jett rocks!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Hi Tom.
                Same here about Silverchair. I even own a really nice DVD about them. I can't imagine doing kickers without Silvechair in my iPod. Some of their slower songs (still featuring massive distortion) are great for hiking up the pipe, sometimes against the wind. It's music that totally gives you wings. But it's not that they're just “utilitary“ to me () for my riding, I just love their authentic sound. It's derivative of Nirvana/Soundgarden, but not a copycat. And Daniel Johns is an amazing and versatile singer/songwriter. I was very much disappointed by their latest album, Young modern, though, and their new direction to jazzy/pop sound, including pictures of Daniel Johns looking like a member of The Village People.
                I recently saw the new movie on The Runaways in Paris, twice. But I thought (as my friends did) that Dakota Fanning was a poor speciman for Cherie Currie, much too innocent and baby-faced to impersonate her. The other chick was very good as Joan Jett. My French friends made me aware that there are 1970s videos on Youtube, and we watched tons of material on The Runaways. If you like them, you should check a French all girl punk group called The plasticines, they're very good.
                For some reason (despite all the mythology behind it) I don't really like the song I love rock'n roll, I think it's kinda banal. But I LOVE Crimson and clover. During my birthday bash in Paris my friend had her electric guitar along and we sung it like...40 times maybe?
                Am I right that you're a huge Kiss fan? I'm not that impressed by their sound. They sound to me kinda like The Eagles with a bit of distortion and tons of makeup (and high heels). Without meaning to offend you in any way by saying this.
                I'm a great fan of Pearl Jam. 4 sophisticated guitarists and an everchanging list of sophisticated drummers, while some of them happen to be surfers/snowbarders.
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

Weirdest song title of all time? I'm surprised no one yet has mentioned this one.

"Uncle F**ker" by Terrance & Phillip
                  (from the South Park movie)
                  I won't make any deals. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed,de-briefed, or numbered!

Comment

see, country music has this in the bag. there is a long standing tradition of bar bet songs. where it all stars out with someone saying "I bet you fifty bucks you can't write a song called 'May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose'"

I’ve Been Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart
                    She Feels Like A New Man Tonight
                    And There was Grandma, Swingin’ on the Outhouse Door, Without a Shirt On
                    How Can I Miss You When You Won’t Go Away?
                    Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through The Goalposts Of Life
                    Thank God And Greyhound She’s Gone
                    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Wierd songs

Dead Skunk in the Middle of the road-Loudan Wainwright the Third
                      The Cockroach that Ate Cincinatti- (Can't remember who did it but hey, it's a real title).
                      Does your Chewing Gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?- Again at a loss for the artist
                      Stankfoot-Frank Zappa
                      Yellow Snow- Frank Zappa
                      They're moving father's grave to Build a sewer- The Clancy Brothers.
                      Purple People Eater.
                      Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Working...
                      X