On The Trail Of The Forgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methinks I touched a nerve there.

I think you'll find you are the one slavishly following me on this thread, presumably because you're missing me so much elsewhere. It was Good Michael who mentioned the H word here in post #674, and one click of my bony old fingers brought you running like the clappers to try your hand at granny-grabbing.

By my reckoning I'm only up to page 237 on the 1911 thread and page 8 on the Hutch statement thread. I have no idea how many more pages have appeared since then. But who am I to spoil your pathetic little delusions of grandeur?

Anyway, while I am grabbing your attention here in the basement, where your audience is made up of a few cobwebs and a bored earwig, the male half of the Chuckle Twins, trying to flog his royal ripper theory, is losing attention and he ain't a happy bunny - so it's not all bad.

Love,

Caz
    X

PS And you still don't get it, do you? While I'm busy trying to clear James Maybrick's name (do you even know what burlesque means in this context?) you are presumably still hell-bent on condemning a man who, for all you know, never hurt a sodding fly. So get real, clear the muck out of your own stable and stop telling lies about me that even Hutch would find a bit much.
    Last edited by caz; 06-11-2009, 12:54 PM.
    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• I think you'll find you are the one slavishly following me on this thread, presumably because you're missing me so much elsewhere. It was Good Michael who mentioned the H word here in post
      And I responded - to the Good Michael. Not you.

Then you made a beeline for me by announcing that you were the mean ol' spider, and I was the fly, ready to be "outdone" - a prediction than cannot help but amuse, given its failure.

Don't keep picking these unwinnable fights with me in the middle of nowhere, and who knows, we could have something beautiful.

I'm really not trying to condemn Hutchinson.

I entertain reasonable and realistic suspicions against him that I hope to be disabused of in the fullness of time when more evidence comes to light, and if a spurious objection to his candidacy is raised in the meantime, I consider it only fair to respond to it.

All the best,
      Ben
      Last edited by Ben; 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
        By my reckoning I'm only up to page 237 on the 1911 thread...
        Blimey Ben! That thread is still on 237 pages. So everyone packed their bags and deserted you shortly after my own last visit. Ah, poor you. And you still got the whole 'resisting the temptation to post' thing completely arse about face.

Are you still willing to pay me a million pounds to resist the temptation to ignore you? Think about this v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y and you might eventually appreciate your own howler.

Look, I'll make it even easier for you. I'm pretty sure you meant to say that people would find it hard to resist responding to you, even for a million pounds. But what you actually said was the opposite.

Of course, that's exactly what seems to have happened on the 1911 thread. Everyone decided they just couldn't resist the thought of ignoring you completely and leaving you to talk to yourself.

And I'm sorry to shatter another illusion, but I fondly recall your hero Martin Fido taking the piss out of someone years ago for misusing the word 'fulsome' in the way you did. That's what made it even funnier.

Love,

Caz
        X

Comment

• So everyone packed their bags and deserted you shortly after my own last visit
          Looks like it.

What a bummer, eh?

Still, it's not all doom and gloom, as this thread can attest to.

The moment one opportunity for numpty-smacking disappears, another one presents itself, so here I am. I'm still laughing at your futile attempts to bring Big Bad Ben down a peg or two, and I'm still guffawing at you for your eternally unsuccessful "proofreading" antics, although I'm certainly not alone there.

And I'm sorry to shatter another illusion, but I fondly recall your hero Martin Fido taking the piss out of someone years ago for misusing the word 'fulsome' in the way you did
          I have no idea what Fido said, but I know for a fact that your criticism was wrong, and by referring to your clumsiness over and over, you sink deeper and deeper into the mire of your own making, despite assuring me that you were the spider who was about to "undo" me.

Comment

• She who must be boring...

For God's sake Morris, go away!
            You're the ultimate boring, gummed mouth mashing person
            that's ever come to this thread.
            Begone you old fishwife!

Comment

• Caz,

The Dumpadee Poo line had me in stitches. I think I've read that 'diary' before. Oh yeah, the Hutch thread.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

• The Dumpadee Poo line had me in stitches.
                That's because she stole it from me, Mike.

Oompa Loompa Doompadee dah
                Feed the cops nonsense, and you'll go far.
                You will live at liberty too
                And escape a world of doompadee-poo

Written by me on 18th March 2009:

An area to post short stories, poems, artwork or any other creative expression with reference to the Ripper Murders.

I expect credit in future if people want to use my comedy.

Comment

• Granada in Cronulla.

Howdy Troopers,
                  Now that there is a bit of peace here again,
                  here is a photo of where our illustrious Hoaxer
                  was living for a while.
                  Here, he and Anne Graham spent time composing the diary.
                  Their flat is the lower one.
                  The building is called of all things: Granada.
                  The photo is courtesy of Victoria.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Oh look, this hoax comes complete with color illustrations. At least Powell's hoax has one up on the Diary hoax.

Do you think he's trying to outdo his imaginary friend in their imaginary "create a hoax" competition?

Let all Oz be agreed;
                    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben View Post
                      I expect credit in future if people want to use my comedy.
                      Is that what it was?

Anyway, I stole most of the content of my little parody from you, Ben. That was the point of it. So if you want to take full credit be my guest.

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                      I have no idea what Fido said, but I know for a fact that your criticism was wrong, and by referring to your clumsiness over and over, you sink deeper and deeper into the mire of your own making, despite assuring me that you were the spider who was about to "undo" me.
                      Once again, 'fulsome praise' always implies sickeningly false flattery (or nauseatingly slimy toadying, or vile and shameless sycophancy - take your pick), so if you wanted to express the opposite you should have said that Martin was genuinely impressed with Sue Iremonger's work. As it is, your readers were perfectly entitled to take away from your choice of words the unfortunate image of poor old Martin laying on insincere and excessive adulation with a trowel, while half way up poor Sue Iremonger's arse.

Confucius probably had this covered.

Thesaurus no bloody use to ass.

Undone fly not noticed with head in cloud-cuckoo-land.

Love,

Caz
                      X

Comment

• Anyway, I stole most of the content of my little parody from you, Ben
                        ...And succeeded in stealing from my perfectly decent rhyme (where the meter was correct and everything) and incorporating it into an unsuccessful attempt to bring me down a peg or two that ended up getting puked back in your face.

Congratulations.

Once again, 'fulsome praise' always implies sickeningly false flattery (or nauseatingly slimy toadying, or vile and shameless sycophancy - take your pick),
                        Oh good, we're doing this again.

It'll just take me a moment to dredge up my swift destruction of your failed attempt at identifying errors....

Here it is!:

“Fulsome”, as any idiot will appreciate, can mean “excessively lavish”. It can also mean “comprehensive" or “encompassing all aspects”. I therefore used the word in its correct context when discussing Martin’s views of Iremonger’s contributions. He “encompassed all aspects” of Iremonger’s praiseworthy aspects, and was lavish in his praise of her. When it comes to the poster I was debating with at the time, congratulations for consulting your thesaurus, because it taught you that it can also mean “disgusting; sickening; repulsive”. So in that context, too, it was correctly applied. Back we go to the sentence: “you do care what I think, otherwise you wouldn't keep responding in so venomous and fulsome a fashion", where you'll see it applies perfectly.

And there we go. The word “fulsome” was used in its correct context both times.

Further examples of your obsessions and insecurities are welcome.

Smooches,

Ben
                        X
                        Last edited by Ben; 06-17-2009, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Hi Ben,

Have it your way, but in the past I have only seen pretentious twats use a word like 'fulsome' when they just mean 'comprehensive' or 'abundant'. I would not expect any decent scholar to use it to imply sincere praise - ever. Given its ambiguous nature and traditionally pejorative connotations, it's a word that is far better avoided if one doesn't want to invite misunderstandings or ridicule.

And another thing...

I have posted over and over again that Maybrick wasn't a toff and he shouldn't be a suspect. So if I see you lying once more about me favouring either a toff suspect or James Maybrick for the role of the ripper (and anyone with any class at all would know that the two are mutually exclusive) I will be only too happy to 'remind' your readers about your own agenda - that George Hutchinson murdered Mary Kelly by royal command.

Fair enough?

Love,

Caz
                          X

Comment

• Have it your way, but in the past I have only seen pretentious twats use a word like 'fulsome' when they just mean 'comprehensive' or 'abundant'.
                            It's not my way.

It's the dictionary definition, and the fact that you haven't seen it applied in that context very often by anyone other than "pretentious twats" is more indicative of your limited knowledge than anything else, and it is made all the more painful in this case because you had the option to conceal that limited knowledge when you tried to score points against me last time, rather than dredging up your ignorance all over again. I don't mind being "ridiculed" by the ignorant, but I'm afraid there's no helping you if you think that "comprehensive" or "encompassing all aspects" is "traditionally pejorative", except to caution against starting bicker-fests with Ben in future.

They tend not to work out terribly well for the aggressors.

I have posted over and over again that Maybrick wasn't a toff and he shouldn't be a suspect
                            So you don't think he's the ripper?

Great.
                            Last edited by Ben; 06-17-2009, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Diarywords.

Howdy Troopers,
                              Something to do besides reading Caz's blag.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Ben,

You go right ahead and invite as many misunderstandings and as much ridicule as you like in future with your posts. I promise to try not to shed any tears for you.

Originally posted by Ben View Post

So you don't think he's the ripper?

Great.
                                By George, I think he's got it. Only took several years of enjoying the sound of his own voice too much to hear what anyone else was actually saying.

Love,

Caz
                                X

PS Wonder where Stevie Baby is - we seem to have frightened him off and attracted one of Mike Barrett's dreadful word puzzles instead. He once tried to publish a smutty version of one of those 'my first is in... but not in...' riddles, but he had two too many clues and finished up with an 'organism' by mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X