If... you just might be a ripperologist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If... you just might be a ripperologist

If you spend countless hours going through newspapers looking for that new piece of knowledge, you just might be a ripperologist

If you don't believe in any JTR conspiracies, but keep an eye out for them anyway, you just might be a ripperologist

If Stewart Evans is in your top three of people you'd like to have dinner with, along with Jesus and Buddha, you just might be a ripperologist

If at any time you hear people speaking Yiddish and you want to ask them about the Berner Street Club, you just might be a ripperologist.

Anyone?
    Last edited by The Good Michael; 09-22-2008, 09:43 AM.
    huh?

If you threaten to kill someone on Casebook but embrace them as a long-lost brother at a Conference, you might just be a Ripperologist.

PHILIP
    Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Good one! Any confessions?

Mike
      huh?

Comment

Done all 4 Mike....might just be a ......

.....Oh God Nooooo, what have I become?!

Monty

PS Conference organisers, I want Philip Hutchinson frisked before he enters the building. Yes I know there are others willing to do just as much damage to me but Mr H has that look that says 'Give me half I chance, I would!'.
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Monty,

It's okay. Consider this an intervention.

As for Hutchinson, he's a friggin' powder keg it seems. I'll be watching him.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

I guess I am a ripperologist! I spent a few hours looking through contempory press reports last week, and in parts, the text was so bad, my eyes went all funny!

I will add to the list,
            You just might be a ripperologist if.....

You cannot watch a JTR documentary without shaking your head!

You cannot watch "From Hell" without shouting at the screen!
            Regards Mike

Comment

Mike,

He aint that bad really. Infact he is one of the most generous ones Ive come across, like Stewart, Jake, Debs, John and Rob...speaking of Rob..

If you text Rob Clack some graffiti youve just found, you might just be a Ripperologist.

If you argue about the direction of the cobbles in Mitre Square, just to prove they are or are not contemporary, you might just be a Ripperologist. (They arent contemporary by the way, they move in the wrong direction).

If you spend ages in the rain, holding a letter box open so someone can get a shot of Swallow Garden, then find that the idiot photographer has left his lens cap on, you might just be a Ripperologist.

If you end up talking to a 7ft Rastafarian who is begging for money in Leman Street (and thinks Nats Severn is yer Mom) whilst the other buggers in yer group clear off in the opposite direction, you might just be a Ripperologist.

If you scrabble around in the rain and mud at the back of the Old montague Street estate looking for the site of its former morgue, you might just be a Ripperologist.

If you wander around at night with Rob Clack, who shows you the most wonderful Victorian buildings, and dont give a flying feck if people think yer either a pervert or just odd (or, even worse, Pope-DeLocksley), you might just be a Ripperologist.

And, between you and me Mike, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

If your cat's name is Diddles, you just might be a Ripperologist.

If you trash Cornwell but have her picture on the ceiling above your bed, you just might be a Ripperologist.
                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

If your partner groans and roles his/her eyes everytime someone brings the suject up at a dinner party...then your a RIPPEROLOGIST

Comment

If your heartbeat becomes irregular after you've misplaced your A to Z, you just might be a ripperologist.

If you plan a trip to the UK in the hopes of getting together with folks from this site, you just might be a ripperologist.

If you practice cutting and tearing aprons just to see if you can tell the difference, you just might be a ripperologist.

If you pile warm meat on an end table just to see if it looks like a bolster, you just might be a ripperologist.

Mike
                    huh?

Comment

If you lay awake at night ajusting the light level on your partners face to try and gage the visability in Mitre sq the night of Kates murder..then ? perhaps your losing the plot

Comment

If you have ever got your partner to act as a victim, launching attacks at them to see what works best
                        Regards Mike

Comment

If you've ever paused in preparing dinner to eye the knife you're using to debone that fish or core that tomato and think 'Gee, this is about the right size and style of knife that the Ripper might have used,' then you're, at least, a junior Ripperologist.
                          "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

If you spend days ensuring that the cat has at least four 'outfits' plus black tie for Conference then you're definately a ripperologist (or clinically insane!)

Suz x

(Or if you SERIOUSLY consider dangling Jenni Pegg or the cat with a video camera attached over the wall into St George's in the East mortuary the same applies!
                            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                              I
                              (Or if you SERIOUSLY consider dangling Jenni Pegg or the cat with a video camera attached over the wall into St George's in the East mortuary the same applies!
                              If you hrm the cat there will be up roar

Jenni it is then

Comment

Working...
                              X