Quick Holiday Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Holiday Query

Can anyone cite me an instance where someone was murdered by a bomb inside a pinata? Thanks!
    - Ginger

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
    Can anyone cite me an instance where someone was murdered by a bomb inside a pinata? Thanks!
    An interesting concept that, but I have never heard of one.

Years ago there was a film called "The Tenth Victim" in which (in a future world) people can join a contest of mutual assassinations, and the ones who reach ten killings first win and collect a million dollars. Marcello Mastrioani was one of the stars. At the beginning we see a man preparing to go horseback riding, and he has been getting into his riding togs. He puts on his boots, and clicks the heels before a mirror he's looking at, and the boots explode killing him.

Jeff

Comment

Back in the 1950s when the Hungarian football team had been giving England a hard time, the Goons did a show where England countered the Hungarians by putting dynamite in the toes of the Hungarians' boots.

Check out our bomb pinata selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our party supplies shops.

I don't think these are actually explosive!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Back in the 1950s when the Hungarian football team had been giving England a hard time, the Goons did a show where England countered the Hungarians by putting dynamite in the toes of the Hungarians' boots.

Check out our bomb pinata selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our party supplies shops.

Yep, that was the legendary 1953 game where Hungary smashed England.

Apparently as the teams lined up in the tunnel, one of the England players tapped his teammate on the shoulder, pointed to Puskas and asked "Who is the wee fat guy?"

90 minutes later, after the legendary "drag back goal", they knew exactly who he was.

The famous dragback goal at Wembley in Hungary's 6-3 win at Wembley in 1953

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

There was also that wonderful Alistair Sim/George Cole/Terry-Thomas comedy, "The Green Man", where Sim (a professional, but "picky" assassin for hire - he has to decide if the proposed victim deserves it or not), is shown at the start of the film blowing up some victims. One is some dictator about to start off a soccer match by kicking a football to the teams. Sim ("disguised" in sombrero and serape, with a mustache on his face) watches while the dictator kicks the ball and it blows up.

Jeff

Comment

And I think he says that he retired for the duration of the war, owing to too much competition.

Comment

Working...
            X