X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by jason_c View Post
    Maybe, but Trump is not a standard politician.
    You can say that again, Jason!

Leave a comment:

• jason_c
    replied
    Originally posted by GUT View Post
    [/SIZE][/B]

Standard operating procedure, isn’t it?

And not just re Trump.
    Maybe, but Trump is not a standard politician. He is now the most powerful man on earth and the Scottish government have gone out of its way to make him an enemy. Tbf to the Scottish government this all began long before Trump ran for President. Still, it has not been the smartest of plays from our leaders in Edinburgh.

Leave a comment:

• GUT
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
    Trump's Mum was Scottish, we were happy to claim him when he was just a businessman, both the Labour and SNP governments stalked him and made him a "Business ambassador".

Then he said some of the immigrants from Mexico that crossed the border illegally were good people, but some were also bad people then they removed him from the list for apparently being racist.

Very strange deranged behaviour by politicians to Trump.

Standard operating procedure, isn’t it?

And not just re Trump.

Leave a comment:

• DirectorDave
    replied
    Trump's Mum was Scottish, we were happy to claim him when he was just a businessman, both the Labour and SNP governments stalked him and made him a "Business ambassador".

Then he said some of the immigrants from Mexico that crossed the border illegally were good people, but some were also bad people then they removed him from the list for apparently being racist.

Very strange deranged behaviour by politicians to Trump.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    And now the Welsh Carrot wants to launch a DoJ investigation of a newspaper that upset him.
    So now Comrade Trump is conducting his own Witch Hunt at the White House.
    I hope they never find out who wrote that piece, it will eat him alive from the inside out.

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Vitch means zat I shall duly apologise for ze next war

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    I think Trump's ancestry is German and Scottish--?
    Indeed, Pat. Whatever his ancestry, I don't think my people had a hand - or any other body part! - in the matter

Leave a comment:

• Pcdunn
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    Welsh?
    I think Trump's ancestry is German and Scottish--?

Yes, the White House says they are narrowing down the potential candidates to be "Anonymous" (aka NYT op-ed writer) to just "a few people". No word on what happens if or when the culprit is unmasked.

Obama said we should not feel reassured that "adults in the room" are stopping Trump from really making a mess of things, because these people weren't elected by us, and "that's not how things work"-- which is true.

Trump said Lincoln had to cope with "fake news" mocking his Gettysburg Address, back in the day. Twitter is having a field day with that, though some historians have noted that yes, some newspapers called Lincoln's short speech "slight" and not suited to the occasion.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    And now the Welsh Carrot wants to launch a DoJ investigation of a newspaper that upset him.
    Welsh?

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    In the US, anyone with money can put their name in the hat. They don't have to have any experience. Just say the right things, tell them all what they want to hear and someone will vote for you.
    Like, telling Miners "We are going to bring coal back", as Miners are out of work because the mines are all closing.

Who's burning coal these days?
    When was the last time anyone in the US came home to a coal fire?
    Ridiculous.

Trump isn't creating a market for coal, so it isn't "coming back", again, he lied.
    Trump loves the "poorly educated"...

It's easy to see why, he can get them to believe anything. And, this is a large portion of his base.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Well, because he lied to everybody. To the gun-rights supporters, to the college educated, to the evangelical christians, especially to those in the rust-belt who have been out of work because of advances in technology. He told them all what they wanted to hear, he lied to all of them.
    Indeed, Jon, but I'm baffled as to why/how the "system" allowed this loon even to become a candidate.

Leave a comment:

• Wickerman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    What's perhaps more baffling is how such a man got into a position to run for office in the first place.
    Well, because he lied to everybody. To the gun-rights supporters, to the college educated, to the evangelical christians, especially to those in the rust-belt who have been out of work because of advances in technology. He told them all what they wanted to hear, he lied to all of them.

What should be most disturbing are the lengths that his supporters will go to justify what he says. This fool will be out of office eventually, but the 35+ million who think like he does will still be around, and they will have to vote for somebody. Which leaves open the possibility of another incompetent, self-interested, habitual liar will run for office.
    Americans are embarrassed around the world by what they picked for a President.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    Folks, the book to read in regard to the Bruised Orange (with apologies to John Prine)
    I don't know about the Bruised Orange, but here's the Curious Orange from the late 1990s:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Sadly, I don't know any different. There are very few examples in history where one nation came to the rescue for humanitarian reasons and I can not think of even one right now. We only really get involved if it affects us directly (or try to get involved rather unsuccessfully like Syria shows) and Yemen simply does not. That is unfortunately a cold fact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X