Comey fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
    Im not even sure this is true. The only worthwhile investigation that may be required is into Flynn. The rest is (so far) an absolute joke.

Stop screwing up and the leaks will stop? Sorry, wrong. The leaks are being done to undermine a democratically elected politician. They are not being done in order to undo a screw up. If Trump's administration screws up then he will pay the price at the ballot box. It is not for James Comey and other Deep State operatives to decide what is a political screw up and leak against a sitting President. This is politics; politics is a big boys game, but I know if this were being done against Clinton or Obama then those on here defending the leaks would be apoplectic about them. Don't you even have 1% level of concern that the intelligence agencies/bureaucracy are leaking against a politician?
    Great post.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
      The leaks will stop when we have a president in office whose team respects him. You know the reason why the white house is leaking like a sieve? Because no one on his adminstration has an ounce of respect left for him. That's why.

Twice in the last week, an administration official has gone out in public and defended Trump only to have Trump shoot his mouth off the next day and basically do a 180 on everything that official said the day before. He completely undermined Pence on the Comey firing and he completely undermined McMasters on the Russia leaks.. He cut the limb out from under his OWN people because he's too ******* stupid to understand anything. He demands loyalty at every turn and then turns around and throws his team under the bus and makes them look like morons.

THAT's why his own people are leaking left and right. Because they don't respect him and they think the best thing for the NATION is to get this joker out of office before no one will deal with us, because they can't trust our idiotic president and our safety is undermined when we are left out in the cold, because people won't share information with us any more because they know Trump will turn around and blab it to make himself look important.
      HI Ally
      I would venture that if they ever false Ned out who's doing the leaking it's holdovers from the Obama administration and or Clinton cronys.
      Time will tell.

But I agree with you that Trump is too stupid to and not politically savvy enough to keep his mouth shut.

Comment

Uh huh. Because Trump has left the White House littered with staff from Obama. Yeah. That happened. In the fairy tale world the alt-right inhabits when something happens they don't want to admit.

Trump's incompetent and everyone is leaking. There has never been a white house leak fest like this. Everyone knows he's a disaster except for the tinfoil hat idiots who scream about "Fake News" while watching nothing but Fox News which is by far the single worst purveyor of fake news out of any of the big media outlets.

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Im not even sure this is true. The only worthwhile investigation that may be required is into Flynn. The rest is (so far) an absolute joke.

Stop screwing up and the leaks will stop? Sorry, wrong. The leaks are being done to undermine a democratically elected politician. They are not being done in order to undo a screw up. If Trump's administration screws up then he will pay the price at the ballot box. It is not for James Comey and other Deep State operatives to decide what is a political screw up and leak against a sitting President. This is politics; politics is a big boys game, but I know if this were being done against Clinton or Obama then those on here defending the leaks would be apoplectic about them. Don't you even have 1% level of concern that the intelligence agencies/bureaucracy are leaking against a politician?
          The leaks are being done force Trump being accountable. I.e., Flynn was only fired when the public found out about it and likewise, Trump will go because he did deals with an enemy and he then left a trail of destruction in order to cover up his deeds.

The leaks are not about differences of policy, they are about Trump's actions. The leakers feel that Trump has broken the law, possibly committed treason. We see no leaks about Obamacare repeal and replace or the tax-reform. These are policy issues and they happen all the time, every year and in every election cycle. Colluding with an enemy state does not happen EVER. So the leaks are the direct result of his Trump's actions.

Comment

On 29th January 2015, somebody tweeted...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015 Jan 29.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	666970

Let's fast forward to today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 May 20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	666971

Source: BBC (not fake) News
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Thanks. An example of how Trump keeps punching himself in the face.

Another example even from Foxnews:

On "Your World" today, Neil Cavuto played a clip of his January 2008 interview with Trump, in which the billionaire businessman claimed U.S. foreign policy toward the Saudis is weak. Trump said that would stop if he were president.

"If I were president, you'd have $30 oil right now," Trump said. "I would call up Saudi Arabia ... and I would say, 'That f***ing price is coming down, and it's coming down now.' And you know what? They'd lower that price so quickly, and it would be so easy."

So we should all be looking forward to cheaper petrol and energy bills.

Comment

.....The leaks are being done to undermine a democratically elected politician....
                It isn't Democratic to have a foreign nation spread lies and 'fake news' about one candidate, in order to help the other candidate gain votes.
                Especially, when the candidate they help is one whom this foreign nation can manipulate for their own interests.

There's nothing democratic in that.
                One of the more serious problems about this is that many of the approx. 40% who did vote for this fool simply cannot face the fact they were duped.
                He sold them a pack of lies and they bought it hook line & sinker. He even trims medicare down to free up billions in cash to he can line his own pockets, and the pockets of millionaires across the country. The ordinary citizen will not get life-saving treatment now because he 'stole' the funds needed for heart & cancer treatment, etc.
                It begs the question here of who is the more stupid, Trump to think he could pull it off, or those who voted for him thinking he would work for their interests.

Trump has created the most deceptive & untrustworthy administration in the free world. Nothing they say, no explanation(s) they offer, can be taken seriously by anyone with a better than 5th grade education.

"Oh how I love the uneducated!!!"

Trump, in one of his rarely truthful moments.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                  Uh huh. Because Trump has left the White House littered with staff from Obama. Yeah. That happened. In the fairy tale world the alt-right inhabits when something happens they don't want to admit.

Trump's incompetent and everyone is leaking. There has never been a white house leak fest like this. Everyone knows he's a disaster except for the tinfoil hat idiots who scream about "Fake News" while watching nothing but Fox News which is by far the single worst purveyor of fake news out of any of the big media outlets.
                  the only reason you could call Fox news fake news is because they report on and retort CNNs fake news. national news is a disaster.CNN is hopelessly obsessed with everything trump they cant even report on real news anymore. turn on the TV or their website and at any given moment its all anti trump. that's not news Ally, that's called propaganda.

and You keep saying the leakers are his own people, but I seriously doubt it. the only one we know for sure is that Comey is one of them, and he certainly isn't one of trumps guys.

trumps a train wreck that's for sure but we got bigger problems than that.
                  starting with the obliteration of objective news and the partisan politicalization of every branch of and agency of government.

Comment

So what's the way out of that? Ride the storm or make fundamental changes to the system? If it's the latter I would suggest some, if not all of the following:

- cap the expenditure a candidate , for any position, can spend on the election, basically taking these extraordinary amounts of money out of politics.
                    - make TV news organisations non-profit.
                    - have the president elected by the house. If a party does not have full majority in the house, they will have to work together with other, smaller parties to support a government.
                    -end judiciary appointments by the president. The Judiciary should be independent of government, which it isn't at the moment.

yes, much of this is how things are in Europe (except for France maybe) but I'd be interested in some general thoughts on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      the only reason you could call Fox news fake news is because they report on and retort CNNs fake news. national news is a disaster.CNN is hopelessly obsessed with everything trump they cant even report on real news anymore. turn on the TV or their website and at any given moment its all anti trump. that's not news Ally, that's called propaganda.

NO what you are spewing is propaganda. What I am saying is based on an independent study that evaluated statements by both news organizations to determine what percentage was true and what percentage was false. It found that Fox by and large had almost 60 percent of their claims was False. Whereas CNN has 27 percent of statements as False. But of course, I'm sure they were just biased propaganda machines too, right? Because anything that disputes your view of the world is liberal false and bias and your opinion is TRUE even if it's not actually supported by fact.

PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter.

PolitiFact is a fact-checking website that rates the accuracy of claims by elected officials and others on its Truth-O-Meter.

Here's where I get my information. Where do you get yours from? Other than your fervent belief that it's true?

and You keep saying the leakers are his own people, but I seriously doubt it. the only one we know for sure is that Comey is one of them, and he certainly isn't one of trumps guys.
                      Yes, because reputable journalists when citing their sources as "someone in Trump's team" and someone on Trump's staff are just, you know, making it up completely because "fake news, fake news, fake news". You think that when Trump just met with Russian agents and handed over confidential info to them in violation of protocol and requests for classification, that they just went out and told that news to any random secretary or person walking by? You think anyone BESIDES people on Trump's innermost circle were privy to him making such an egregious mistake in National Security that they just you know, told everyone because hey, we just endangered the safety of America because Trump's an idiot. Let's go tell everybody! The information that's being leaked, is coming from people highly placed who were in the meetings.

And if anyone, ever, said "Lock Her Up" over the possibility that there could have been a security break over her emails, and they are not now shouting LOCK HIM UP over the confirmation that he violated our intelligence gathering abilities and shared classified information that we had obtained WITH the restriction that it not be shared with Russia and he did it anyway? Violating our safety and our allies willingness to share terror-related info in the future because they can't TRUST US? If you EVER said "Lock her up" and you aren't screaming it now, then you never gave a **** about classified and security you just hated her beyond reason and your principles are mutable and only apply to people you don't support.
                      Last edited by Ally; 05-21-2017, 07:49 AM.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

One of the reason's for these leaks, not the only one I'm sure, but one legitimate reason is the staff at the White House have no-one to turn to when they spot lies and inaccuracies spewed out by this idiot.

They can't tell their 'boss', all at the W. H. are under Trumps thumb as it is.
                        The media is their only outlet, and the more rational minded should be grateful that there are still people in the W. H. who have a conscience, and are prepared to put their country before the party.
                        That is a commitment (to the country) which has been sidelined by this administration.

It's all about protecting Trump, regardless how stupid their arguments are, they don't give a rats-arse what the people or media think.

I just wish someone would try expand his vocabulary. We can only hear "Tremendous" and "Disastrous" so many times before it becomes monotonous. The guy obviously is not a reader of books with the limited vocabulary he has.
                        Spicer too, he needs to drop his incessant use of "it is clear", if what they say was clear they wouldn't still be getting questions on the same subject several days later....
                        Last edited by Wickerman; 05-21-2017, 10:12 AM.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                          Lets take a closer look at this little gem of solid journalism.

"....a person familiar with his thinking says, "

"a person"- A person? not a "trusted source", or even an "official" or former official? just a person. just any random ole person. LOL.
                          Well at least its a person and not say, and animal or a plant.

"familiar with his thinking" - just familiar? I'm familiar with his thinking. hes a public figure who speaks his mind publicly. Am I the source? you never know.

"with his thinking" -not at least something he told them?? his "thinking"- maybe they're a mind reader!

"says" -just says?? not told anyone, not reported it, just says? what like said out loud? a homeless person with tourettes syndrome walking in Times square maybe and someone overheard it and they told two friends, and they told two friends...etc.

what they fail to leave out of the story is that we know who leaked it to begin with-The former head of the FBI, James Comey!!!

He either had to leak his "Memo" or notes or whatever it was directly to the press, or to the "source", who then leaked to the press.

well at the least weve nailed one of the leakers. shouldn't we have an investigation into James Comey now?
                          Sorry...I couldn't resist.......all of your examples of vague /meaningless ways to describe the source.....I know they aren't nearly as good as "people are saying" and "believe me. I've heard many people, smart people, say" ....
                          as for the leak's.....I really believe they are 100% internal....folks are getting scared, and they see that they will be thrown under the bus in a second....even unintentionally....The President has his staff say something (lie?) then the next day he says or tweets something that contradicts what his staff said...now they are guilty as well...so there is panic....if they (some staffers) believe the ship is sinking, they will leak and scrounge to save themselves.....no loyalty with these folks. Sadly much of the problem is the Presidents ignorance of the job....I know that is why so many said they liked him...he is an outsider blah blah blah...but.....this is not a job for someone with no clue as how to do it....and someone who won't listen to others...so much of the problem is he just doesn't know or understand the job...I wanted desperately for him to succeed and do a good job (even though I did not support or vote for him)...but I see now, in such a short time, that it isn't going to happen...and it is NOT a witch hunt, or fake news, or liberal bias....it is just someone in way over his head, and instead of asking for the help he needs, lies and cheats because his ego wont let him admit it...plus if 1/10 of the alleged corruption is true....YIKES

Steadmund Brand
                          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Flynn pleading the 5th, declining his invitation to the senate, which is of course his right.

This also means that the senate have not taken him up on his offer of immunity.

This also means that either they think they can get the information he has on offer without his help, or has hasn't really got anything at all. In which case I wonder why he offered to "tell his story".

Which brings me back to my suspicion that the senate thinks they can get all the juicy info without him, or they already have it.....

Comment

"I have never mentioned the word 'Israel" " in front of the world's press.

The knucklehead did a Jeff Session: Denying an allegation that hasn't even been made.

Comment

The first time I ever saw Trump on TV had to have been 20 years ago, My first thought was that he was an idiot, a blowhard, and an evil bastard. He has proven to be much worse than that. It doesn't matter what party he belongs to. In fact, he doesn't really belong to anything but those he owes allegiance to, the oligarchs of Russia, Kazakhstan, and Central Asia. For some deluded reason, he feels he is superior to all people. Countless great psychologists have broken an unwritten rule of giving unwarranted diagnoses, but they felt they must as the signs are clear to all but the blind that he is stark-raving mad. My guess is he shits himself too, bit I have no evidence save for his senility. The firing of Comey meant nothing to the investigation. It meant everything to Trump's ego as that is the only thing left that works in his 5 year-old's brain. In my lifetime, I have never seen anyone as obviously nuts as he is except for an old woman I met on a bus a long time ago who suggested that every publication was an organ of communist propaganda. Oh how I wish she were president instead of him. She's probably dead, but that makes her more qualified than an orangutan. That people still believe him, shows me how absolutely stupid his followers are. The lie that is FOX has taken a super hit in their ratings. It's clear that many of its viewers cannot listen to their lies and would just rather ignore this stuff. Who can blame them?
                                huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X