Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Some People Really Believe the Earth Is Flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Some People Really Believe the Earth Is Flat?

Can anyone tell me what this belief that the earth is really flat all about? I had seen references to debunking flat earthers but never investigated what that was all about thinking it was some sort of a joke. Yesterday however, I looked at an apparently completely serious video (which I wasn't able to finish) claiming that the earth is actually flat and that there is some sort of government lead conspiracy to make people think it is round. The video pointed to Antarctica as some sort of proof of the conspiracy.

Is this a joke or more signs of people going off the deep end?

c.d.

Sadly it's true. (not that the earth is flat but that a lot of people believe it is)

Lately they've been hooking up with the Mandela Effect looneys and "There is no moon" nimrods to pool their "evidence" and create conspiracy theories of truly mind-numbing proportions.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Yeah, I just looked it up on Wikipedia. Apparently the Flat Earth Society which I always assumed was tongue in cheek is completely serious. The belief goes back a long way and is a rejection of the scientific method instead relying on personal experience and the Bible.

c.d.

Comment

These guys have been smoking camel sh.. for too many years and should change pushers. Someone should tell them. LOL

Comment

Agreed and the scary thing is that with the emergence of the Internet they can find kindred spirits to reinforce their beliefs no matter how irrational they are.

c.d.

Comment

You mean the earth isn't flat?
            This is simply my opinion

Comment

I beg you my friends do not listen to the flat earthers, who are agents of the Government.

The world is shaped like a corkscrew.

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post
                You mean the earth isn't flat?
                Sorry to disappoint you, but no.

However I can understand why some may see it that way. Our flat-headed politiciens are obviously among those to blame for the theory.

Comment

And unfortunately...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

Hence why the world is in such a shocking state.
                  JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
                  JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
                  ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

Yes and they are completely aware of any scientific facts what so ever. They show photos of the moon reflecting on the sea and claim the sun can't reflect that much light and that the moon obviously has it own power source. They do this while ignoring the reflection on the sea. They are full on crackers.
                    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

One way ticket

Maybe NASA should a one way ticket to the moon to a couple of them and see what they'll come with.

Comment

I was under the impression that while the Flat Earth Society has many members, many (most? all?) simply join for the laughs. It is difficult to say how many - if any - actually believe in a flat earth.

Comment

I suppose there may be a few actually agitating for a flat earth :

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            I was under the impression that while the Flat Earth Society has many members...
                            They used to have a lot more members, but some have fallen off
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X