EU Vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    Any word yet from the Royals on this decision?
    I wouldn't have thought they care they will get richer now and would have got richer had Britain remained in the EU. The Royal Family always make sure there alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
      No Julie, it's not inappropriate and I hope you have a nice weekend.

I don't know whether Osborne is still going to implement his 'wailing and gnashing of teeth' budget, which he assured us would be vital for the national interest if we voted to leave. Presumably he will, since he is an honest man.

Hi Robert, nice to catch up with you again. You have a good weekend too. We are going up to Derby tomorrow to see a band called 'Sinnerboy' who are a very classy Rory Gallagher tribute act. It will be nice to get away from the referendum fall-out.

Osborne has been very quiet today, considering the dire warnings he was delivering last week. One wonders why Cameron offered us a referendum, considering the harm he and Osborne think it will do to the country and the economy. I mean, why didn't he say 'if you elect my government, I will offer you a referendum on Europe, but, mark my words, the economy will fail, all your pensions will evaporate and everyone in the world will hate us'.

The next few weeks will be very interesting.

Comment

• I wouldn't have thought they care they will get richer now and would have got richer had Britain remained in the EU. The Royal Family always make sure there alright.
        Appalling English, if I may make so bold as to say so. All the lolly the EC is supposed to have spent on our education system doesn't seem to have filtered down to you.

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
          Appalling English, if I may make so bold as to say so. All the lolly the EC is supposed to have spent on our education system doesn't seem to have filtered down to you.

Graham
          Possibly not but then again I am dyslexic. Which might have something to do with my poor English. Also I take it you're a fan of the over privileged Greek Germans we call The Royal Family.

Cheers John

Comment

• Hi Julie

Enjoy your concert.

Maybe Cameron simply thought that he could fix it. The revolt of 'the great unwashed' seems to have come as rather a shock to him.

Comment

Graham
              Likewise..

'Appalling English, if I may be so bold as to say. All the lolly the EC is supposed to have spent on our education system doesn't seem to have filtered down to you.'

Fixed

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                Possibly not but then again I am dyslexic. Which might have something to do with my poor English. Also I take it you're a fan of the over privileged Greek Germans we call The Royal Family.

Cheers John
                No

Graham
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                  I feel more like the Prisoner now, in our self-imposed solitary confinement, with Boris as Number Two.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  Hi Caz,

Whatever happens Great Britain will always be a part of Europe.

Remember the struggle of Greece, when the country was bleeding, to stay within the EU and to try and improve the criteria of the terrible referendum.

Greece is poor and has a long history of war and problems. But it has always been the cradle of Europe. Europe started with the Greek democracy in the ancient times.

If a poor country like Greece can survive, Great Britain will easily survive.

Great Britain will always be an important part of Europe, together with Greece and all our countries.

Here is a happy song by our great Greek artist Γιώργος Νταλάρας (George Dalaras). I hope it will bring you and others here comfort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OucGKowvFZs

Kind regards, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                    Hi Julie

Enjoy your concert.

Maybe Cameron simply thought that he could fix it. The revolt of 'the great unwashed' seems to have come as rather a shock to him.
                    Is that the same revolt lead by Boris Johnson?

Comment

No

Graham
                      That's good to hear.

Cheers John

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
                        Likewise..

'Appalling English, if I may be so bold as to say. All the lolly the EC is supposed to have spent on our education system doesn't seem to have filtered down to you.'

Fixed
                        Sorry, but I'm short-sighted......and there was, as it happens, nothing wrong with my use of English.

Graham

Comment

...and there was, as it happens, nothing wrong with my use of English.
                          Apart from this bit -

'if I may make so bold as to say so'

I'm just trying to have a bit of light relief though, it's been a hell of a day. I was hoping all the lies and scaremongering would have stopped but no still going strong in the media! Have a great weekend..

Comment

• For Pierre's benefit, here's that great Greek team that we all remember :

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                              Hi Graham,

I found it terribly difficult to make a decision about whether to vote 'leave' or 'remain'. There were lies and scaremongering on both sides of the debate and political parties normally united on these types of issue were firmly divided.

I really wish Cameron had never offered us a referendum. We are a Representative Democracy, not a Direct Democracy and as such we are poorly equipped to make this sort of decision. A referendum is not even legally binding in the country and Cameron could well have ignored the outcome and carried on regardless.

Nigel and Boris are claiming to have put the 'great' back into Great Britain, but now it looks as though Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland will leave the union because they want to stay in the EU. Even if they don't leave the union, the nation is divided, anxious and fretful and all I can hear is the nauseating braying of those who backed 'leave' because they were listening to Boris and Nigel, and the guilty regretful gulps of those who voted 'leave' because of completely different reasons. The majority of the 'remain' camp are sad and dejected and a few, like yourself, are pragmatic and reflective.

Is it inappropriate to wish people a good weekend?

Julie
                              Poorly equipped to make a decision on our future?! You people are psychopaths.

You know what this vote was?

It wasn't even a vote against the EU.

It was won in the old industrial heartlands of the North and the Midlands, and it was a big **** you to the British Government, **** you to David Cameron and assorted toffs, a **** you to Europe, and most importantly a massive **** you to politicians of whatever persuasion.

They had a big plan. The problem with the big plan is that it always benefits them. We've seen in the North East how their plans affect us, so the vote was **** you Cameron, **** you British Government and **** all of your plans that don't consider us.

And, the best of it is, most of us here aren't even political. We've been down the pub laughing our cocks off at spoiling their big plans which usually involve having their own snouts in the trough and taking along with them the pantomime left-right false dichotomy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Errata View Post
                                I have no idea if it's true or not, all I know is that it made me laugh pretty hard.

[ATTACH]17662[/ATTACH]
                                Let me tell you something Errata.

This country has an outstanding record with immigration. A lot of people have come here fleeing persecution in their home country - down the centuries.

What's happening today is that we have politicians in Europe and Britain who are inviting people to come here. Not a problem. But, the problem is they're placing an inordinate amount of people in places of high deprivation by English standards thereby adding to the burden on public services and the frustration in that local area.

They're not placing immigrants in rural, affluent areas; nor near the liberal city dweller types who think they're with the poor but wouldn't known poverty if it kicked them upside down. No, what they're doing is placing immigrants in places that are poor by English standards.

In the event a fair share was taken around the country then you wouldn't hear a peep out of people, but these politicians, of both European and British variety, are taking us for a ride. We're the ones who are expected to be 'tolerant' in areas of high deprivation, while they talk a good game but would run a mile if they lived anywhere near someone lacking a white face.

And, that's what this vote was. It was more of a vote against the British Government than anything. It just so happened that the EU are associated with them. It was a big **** you to all politicians who talk about equality and tolerance with our money.

Comment

Working...
                                X