No announcement yet.

A6 Rebooted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed. We also have the attack on Mrs. Dalal, during which time the attacker said to her "Listen, I am the A6 murderer and I want some money". Mrs. Dalal identified Alphon as her attacker at a police identity parade. Then there is the "confession" drawing, which the then leading barrister Christmas Humphries QC, said he thought that it could be construed as a confession. The Home Office disagreed. Then we have the Paris confession "I did in fact do the A6 murder. I killed Gregsten and half killed our friend Miss Storie. The police are now trying to hush up the fact that they hanged an innocent man". As if that wasn't enough, Alphon wrote to the Home Secretary "I killed Gregsten, the establishment murdered Hanratty". When that had no impact, a few months later he wrote to the Home Secretary again and this time added the name of the "central figure" who he said had engineered the murder plot and the framing of Hanratty.

The police and Home Office decided to ignore all of the above, and more.

Comment

• Alphon actually offered up a rationale for the kidnapping and eventual death of Gregsten and near murder of Valerie Storie. Along the lines of attempting to break up an unhealthy relationship. Do we know when he first offered up this perverted rationale? In Paris he talks of this, but did he do this before?

The relationship between Gregsten and Ms Storie was glossed over at trial although it is possible Alphon gleaned some information from his police interrogation. Was he the first to identify the intimate relationship between the two victims or did he simply jump in once that had been made public?

Comment

• Originally posted by ansonman View Post
        Indeed. We also have the attack on Mrs. Dalal, during which time the attacker said to her "Listen, I am the A6 murderer and I want some money". Mrs. Dalal identified Alphon as her attacker at a police identity parade. Then there is the "confession" drawing, which the then leading barrister Christmas Humphries QC, said he thought that it could be construed as a confession. The Home Office disagreed. Then we have the Paris confession "I did in fact do the A6 murder. I killed Gregsten and half killed our friend Miss Storie. The police are now trying to hush up the fact that they hanged an innocent man". As if that wasn't enough, Alphon wrote to the Home Secretary "I killed Gregsten, the establishment murdered Hanratty". When that had no impact, a few months later he wrote to the Home Secretary again and this time added the name of the "central figure" who he said had engineered the murder plot and the framing of Hanratty.

The police and Home Office decided to ignore all of the above, and more.
        Yes indeed. Not to mention his uncanny resemblance to the identikit photo which Valerie Storie herself helped to compile. Not to mention his acknowledged familiarity with the Slough area. Not to mention too the mysterious and unaccounted for £5,000 paid into his bank account in nice, convenient instalments [blackmail payments ???] over the course of several months between the autumn of 1961 and spring of 1962. Not to mention several other things like his inclination to violent and threatening behaviour.

For someone often considered an attention seeker who had nothing at all to do with the A6 murder it truly is remarkable just how much he fits the profile of the A6 murderer.

I wonder what he was thinking on the day Hanratty was murdered which just happened to coincide with the 70th birthday celebration of his father, Felix ?
        "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

• Another point worth mentioning is that Alphon had no alibi as to where he was at the time of the murder. Alphon had said that he had visited his mother at about 9.15 on the evening of August 22nd. As Foot says: "The alibi, however, was smashed. "Alphon's mother, reported Peter Duffy of the Daily Sketch, "told detectives that he last visited their home two months ago".

Comment

• Alphon's mother said that she did meet her son during the week in question but she couldn't remember the exact day. Had Kilner done his job properly after interviewing Alphon on 27-Aug he would have asked her then, when she would have known what day it had been.

Even so Alphon did have an alibi. At about 9pm he arrived at the Broadway House hotel and was seen by Pichler and his manager, whom Alphon described as 'the two Jewish gentlemen'. Foot says that on 11-Sep Acott "descended with all his staff" on the Broadway House Hotel, where he would have taken their statements.

In the Sunday Times of 10-Sep-67 Pichler confirmed that the police indeed had taken their statements. 8 days earlier Detective Chief Inspector Henry Mooney had given evidence in court that Alphon could not have done it because the police "knew where he was at the time" which I take to be a reference to those statements.

By the 2002 Appeal, Alphon's innocence was agreed by both sides. I'm not just referring to the acceptance that the DNA evidence cleared him, but to the ground of appeal (in section 166) that the police tried to frame Alphon.

Comment

• I assume that Alphon’s involvement with the A6 Case is more than merely coincidental.
              However, it’s difficult to see how he was in a position to blackmail anybody: what proof of conspiracy was he going to produce? And if he was the killer as claimed, it would be a case of him paying out blackmail money: not receiving it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                Alphon actually offered up a rationale for the kidnapping and eventual death of Gregsten and near murder of Valerie Storie. Along the lines of attempting to break up an unhealthy relationship. Do we know when he first offered up this perverted rationale? In Paris he talks of this, but did he do this before?

The relationship between Gregsten and Ms Storie was glossed over at trial although it is possible Alphon gleaned some information from his police interrogation. Was he the first to identify the intimate relationship between the two victims or did he simply jump in once that had been made public?
                Good questions. Norma Buddle insisted that the abduction was all about trying to pry the lovers apart.I could never see that as a possibility, although Storie in her magazine article did allude to ‘not thinking the affair would last much longer, but she also maintained ‘I can be lead but never forced’ . Listening to her in interviews, she comes across as somewhat stoic, strong willed, and indifferent to criticism.I can’t see her being cajoled into cancelling her love life for anyone. She certainly didn’t consider her relations with Gregsten as unhealthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock Houses View Post

Alas it seems you are discovering what a joke the FOI act is proving to be. Also known as the "Fobbed Off Interminably" act. The Matthews Report must be a complete figment of our imagination, it never existed.
                  Can anyone help us get the Matthews Report by making their own FOI request and if they get refusals like I did, can they raise it with the Information commissioner within the required time period? I think the ICO required a maximum of 21 days from the refusal.
                  Previous FOIs are;
                  https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...t_on_the_a6_mu
                  https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/the_matthews_report_on_the_a6_mu_2
                  https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/the_matthews_report_on_the_a6_mu_3
                  Lord Howard remembers the report so it definitely existed.

Comment

• Your request seemed to have been handed to a caseworker by ‘Zeberdee’ and as we all know Zeberdee said’ It’s time for bed’. I fear the Chief superintendent Mathew’s report has been ‘put to bed’, corruptly , much like the DNA travesty.

Comment

• I wonder why Woffinden and Foot shrank back from the major article by the Independent newspaper , headlining ‘Hanratty to be exonerated in the next few days?

Comment

• Originally posted by djw View Post

Can anyone help us get the Matthews Report by making their own FOI request and if they get refusals like I did, can they raise it with the Information commissioner within the required time period? I think the ICO required a maximum of 21 days from the refusal.
                        Previous FOIs are;
                        https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...t_on_the_a6_mu
                        https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/the_matthews_report_on_the_a6_mu_2
                        https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/the_matthews_report_on_the_a6_mu_3
                        Lord Howard remembers the report so it definitely existed.
                        Yes, it definitely exists [or existed !] and was debated [very briefly] in the House of Commons in April and then October 1996.....

"A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

"Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

Comment

• Here's a taster of the sort of mentality Home Secretaries often adopt. This is from a Commons debate in May 1975 [How dare you ask such a question of me Mr Evans !!]........

Comment

• Yep Sherlock, a sour taster, for sure.

Comment

• Found this while perusing.: Awaiting the truth about Hanratty. Paul Foot.

url wouldn’t copy for pasting.

Comment

• Ok, using a different iPad I’ll try and correct these confounding characters.

There is ‘no’ freedom of information. There is information available, but only if they choose to make it so.

Anything pertaining to the A6 killing is A very hot potato, that’s why it’s mostly locked away for 75 yrs.

It’s got nothing to do with ‘protecting the innocent’.

Comment

Working...
                                X