Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A6 Rebooted

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The pages of the Hawser Report missing from the above images (thanks SH) have been obtained and placed (in order) in a PDF you can access at https://archive.org/details/hawser-report

    Christopher Eccleston's documentary will be titled 'The Guilty Innocent' according to https://www.televisual.com/news/chri...ocent-for-sky/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by djw View Post
      The pages of the Hawser Report missing from the above images (thanks SH) have been obtained and placed (in order) in a PDF you can access at https://archive.org/details/hawser-report

      Christopher Eccleston's documentary will be titled 'The Guilty Innocent' according to https://www.televisual.com/news/chri...ocent-for-sky/
      I don't know how many copies of the report were printed DJW but it's remarkable that the copy which I bought [about 9 years ago] should happen to be the exact same copy that was uploaded [by whoever] onto the Internet Archive website.
      *************************************
      "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

      "Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

      Comment


      • Originally posted by moste View Post
        Roger Matthews obituary In the Guardian from . April 2020 .
        Wonder if this is our guy?
        As far as I'm led to believe Moste, Roger Matthews passed away sometime between 2022 and 2023. I could be mistaken of course.
        *************************************
        "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

        "Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

        Comment


        • A youtube video uploaded ten days ago by Eryberrie goes into at least the sort of depth the Eccleston documentary should be aiming at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o9BqwBDUfPI

          Comment


          • The Guilty Innocent starts Tuesday 14 May https://www.history.co.uk/shows/the-...pher-eccleston

            Comment


            • Originally posted by djw View Post
              A youtube video uploaded ten days ago by Eryberrie goes into at least the sort of depth the Eccleston documentary should be aiming at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o9BqwBDUfPI

              Thanks for the link DJW. I watched about 23 minutes of this youtube video and discovered about 15 innaccuracies aside from all the assumptions the female presenter makes.
              This unnecessary carelessness misleads people not familiar with the case. I don't know how many further mistakes she makes in the remaining 55 minutes
              as I didn't have the patience or inclination to watch any further.
              *************************************
              "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

              "Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sherlock Houses View Post


                Thanks for the link DJW. I watched about 23 minutes of this youtube video and discovered about 15 innaccuracies aside from all the assumptions the female presenter makes.
                This unnecessary carelessness misleads people not familiar with the case. I don't know how many further mistakes she makes in the remaining 55 minutes
                as I didn't have the patience or inclination to watch any further.
                Ditto.. I sent her a comment ,since she asked for opinions, I stated ‘not guilty’ and my reasons why. Then I asked if she could attempt to have Chief Superintendent Roger Mathews’s full report released into the public domain . She was negative about this and suggested I do it. (LOL) Doesn’t look like she is particularly interested in the Hanratty case, just rolling the blogs off the assembly line !

                Comment


                • Originally posted by moste View Post
                  Doesnt look like she is particularly interested in the Hanratty case, just rolling the blogs off the assembly line !
                  Spot on.

                  I can confirm, Moste, from my friend Malachy, that Roger Matthews passed away during 2023.
                  Last edited by Sherlock Houses; 04-21-2024, 09:51 AM.
                  *************************************
                  "A body of men, HOLDING THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE TO NOBODY, ought not to be trusted by anybody." --Thomas Paine ["Rights of Man"]

                  "Justice is an ideal which transcends the expedience of the State, or the sensitivities of Government officials, or private individuals. IT HAS TO BE PURSUED WHATEVER THE COST IN PEACE OF MIND TO THOSE CONCERNED." --'Justice of the Peace' [July 12th 1975]

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sherlock Houses View Post

                    Spot on.

                    I can confirm, Moste, from my friend Malachy, that Roger Matthews passed away during 2023.
                    Ok . Thanks for that SH.

                    Comment


                    • Harrimans book gets name checked in this new precis https://www.history.co.uk/articles/w...cent-or-guilty Without subscribing to Sky I wonder if there is a way I could watch this? Do Sky documentaries end on a pay per programme service? Like Now TV?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by djw View Post
                        Harrimans book gets name checked in this new precis https://www.history.co.uk/articles/w...cent-or-guilty Without subscribing to Sky I wonder if there is a way I could watch this? Do Sky documentaries end on a pay per programme service? Like Now TV?
                        Sky History can be watched on NowTV. https://www.nowtv.com/stream/sky-history

                        I think it's 9.99 for a month's subscription or 6.99 per month for a minimum of 6 months.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by djw View Post
                          Also in May (and June elsewhere) is a talk about the A6 murder by Paul Stickler. I think I will go to this.

                          U3A Thame

                          THE A6 MURDER


                          Thu 2 May 2024, 2:00 PM

                          Barns Centre, Church Road, Thame OX9 3AJ
                          I won't be going to this now. June talk is Chichester.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by djw View Post
                            The Guilty Innocent starts Tuesday 14 May https://www.history.co.uk/shows/the-...pher-eccleston
                            Just giving this a bump.

                            The 2 part series begins on the Sky History channel at 9 o'clock tonight with the tale of George Davis. From my memories and subsequent reading of the case, the person really deserving sympathy is the armed robber's late ex-wife Rose.

                            The James Hanratty case is featured at the same time next week.

                            Comment


                            • I’m looking forward to the Hanratty episode and to reading the comments on here.
                              Regards

                              Sir Herlock Sholmes.

                              “A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

                              Comment


                              • Well, thanks to technology I watched the Hanratty documentary last night. All I’ll say is “don’t build your hopes up.” Someone called Robert Harriman (?) was ‘Hanratty was innocent,’ and someone called Paul Sickler was ‘Hanratty was guilty.’ Other comments by Duncan Campbell and Louise Shorter. There’s also a short interview with Hanratty’s nephew (who had his son with him.) One thing that did surprise me though was a short piece of footage of a modern day interview with Valerie Storie. I was under the impression that she’d never talked in public about the case.

                                One question about the case, and this is probably down to my poor memory - they were saying that Valerie’s ID of Hanratty was cut and dried but why do I have the impression that it wasn’t? Didn’t her description of him change at some point? It’s probably just my memory as it’s been ages since I’ve read anything and even then I’ve only read two books on the case.

                                The George Davis one was enjoyable imo btw.
                                Regards

                                Sir Herlock Sholmes.

                                “A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X