No announcement yet.

A6 Rebooted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balmerism and Corruption , are synonymous . Balmer was wielding the power in his hands, to get results on cases ,by hook or by crook,and didn’t give a Tinkers cuss, who was sent down innocently, or incredibly even hanged. As long as he was seen to get his man. I would wager he was giving Acott the benefit of his advice on how to deal with scoundrel Hanratty, who had the audacity to trespass on Balmers sacred Liverpool ground,
    Last edited by moste; 05-15-2021, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by moste View Post
      Good posts both , Cobalt , I now have a hankering for Dickens’ Pickwicks adventures in particular. I haven’t read that one in 30 years. I do seem to recall a section where Dickens goes off on a digression, where he explains in depth his perception of the workings of a murderers mind. Quite a fascinating chapter if I recall.
      19th century novelists of the "dear reader" school would tend to do that, particularly if the digression was on a topic in which they had a personal interest.
      I recall being puzzled by the long passages in "Les Miserables" about the sewers of Paris and their deficiencies, until I learned later that water quality was a pet interest of Victor Hugo's.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

19th century novelists of the "dear reader" school would tend to do that, particularly if the digression was on a topic in which they had a personal interest.
        I recall being puzzled by the long passages in "Les Miserables" about the sewers of Paris and their deficiencies, until I learned later that water quality was a pet interest of Victor Hugo's.
        Right you are.

Comment

Working...
        X