This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for Thought!

No sooner had I posted my previous missive, than I found this on the Liberal Dem Voice website:

Graham
    Attached Files
    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Hi Graham

From what I have been able to learn about Ewer he lived most if not all of his life in North London. It is difficult to track him exactly because there was more than one William Ewer in that part of London at that time. However, what is certain is that he was for very many years a near neighbour of Hilda Oulet and Jeanie May Gregsten.

Traffic is much different today to how it was in 1960s London, but even then the main roads were very busy. However, Ewer would have driven along the Finchley Road twice a day, six days a week, and it is very possible that he saw the Morris Minor owned by Hilda from time to time. If it was as identifiable by its three red stripes as later claimed he may well have known the car. Hilda would certainly have parked her car outside the Arcade from time to time, so we could safely assume that Ewer could, at least, have recognised the car even if he didn’t know who owned it.

We can even take this further and assume a fair possibility that Ewer knew Gregsten at least by sight. They were after all neighbours for a time.

Did he ever meet Alphon? Almost certainly, either as a result of Alphon’s almanac selling exploits or through Justice’s introduction.

Is Ewer alive? No, he died some years ago, but again because there was more than one William Ewer at that time it is difficult to pin down the exact details. However, I do know that the Ewer we are concerned with is no longer alive through a business associate in Finchley.

Yes, one enormous spider’s web!

Kind regards
      Steve

Comment

• hi Graham

very interesting. any idea's as to the identity of the author?
        atb

larue

Comment

• Originally posted by larue View Post
          hi Graham

very interesting. any idea's as to the identity of the author?
          Hi Larue,

Google 'William Ewer' (UK) then scroll down about 2 pages to 'Cash For Honours' in the Liberal Democrat Voice and all will be revealed. It's a discussion forum, and obviously the A6 Case is a subject for somewhat heated discussion. There's a good deal more than the 2 posts in my attachment.

I have to be honest, the fact that JH gave his soiled trousers to the police has thus far totally escaped me in the debate regarding the DNA...

Cheers,

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

i would have to say that it is virtually irrefutable proof that that Hanratty was the murderer, as there must still be, however microscopic, a chance that human error has played a part. honest or otherwise.

from JH1[1].doc

(1) How is it that Hanratty’s semen was found on Valerie Storie’s knickers?
            BECAUSE the Police put it there. Remember, in 1996 the Police were claiming there was no semen on Valerie Storie’s knickers. A few days before he was arrested, Hanratty had sex with Gladys Deacon in the back seat of his car in Kenton. He practiced coitus interruptus and ejaculated over his trousers. He then placed these trousers, unlaundered, in a suitcase, which he handed over to the Police after his arrest

seems like there is at least one other person who thinks along the same lines as me
            atb

larue

Comment

• Hi Steve,

The 'other' William Ewer was a left-wing journalist who apparently sold secrets to the KGB...

I think that as it seems highly likely that Ewer kept well in touch with Janet, he must have known Michael.

I'm not so sure that he ever met Alphon. He said he never did, but did admit to being on the receiving-end of Alphon's maniac telephone call harrassment routine.

Not that it really matters, but my 'take' on Ewer is that he was outwardly something of a stuffed shirt, somewhat reactionary, but not beneath making a few quid on the side, so to speak, and not above showing a touch of kindness where it was needed. According to Woffinden, Janet stayed with him until 1969 (living where?) so she must have thought well enough of him. If he did pay someone to kill her husband, then it seems he had his money's worth (excuse my cynicism here!).

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                Hi Larue,
                I have to be honest, the fact that JH gave his soiled trousers to the police has thus far totally escaped me in the debate regarding the DNA...

Cheers,

Graham
                WOW! i'm suprised to learn this...

the broken vial takes on a new significance, as it was said to be from a wash of hanratty's clothes.

thanks for the libdem voice info!
                atb

larue

Comment

WOW! i'm suprised to learn this...

the broken vial takes on a new significance, as it was said to be from a wash of hanratty's clothes.

thanks for the libdem voice info!
                  Hi Larue (and everyone),

As the fisherman said who watched Christ walk on the water, "It makes you think, don't it?"

This, I have to say, is a bit of a stunning concept. It may mean nothing, or it may be hugely significant. It's sent me back to the books, that's for sure.
                  How come all of us missed this???

What I would say at this stage, before we all get too excited, is that in 1961, 25+ years prior to DNA, the only physiological evidence that the forensics could have gained from semen is the blood group of the person who deposited the semen. Even in such a high-profile case as the A6 Murder I can't see the police in 1961 carefully segregating exhibits on the off-chance that some incredibly-sensitive forensic tool may or may not be discovered and applied in years to come. But - and I honestly have to say this - the dread word 'contamination' once again raises its ugly head...

Hmmmm....

Graham

Comment

• errrr...

actually Graham, i meant i'm suprised to learn you had not heard of the washed clothes etc. i had read of this already, and have pondered upon the broken vial and what it's contents spilled over...

i think it is mentioned in the transcript of the dna appeal
                    atb

larue

Comment

the dread word 'contamination' once again raises its ugly head...

Hmmmm....

Graham
                      for me, it has never gone away. paraphrasing Michael Hanratty's words, all the "evidence" was carried in and out of court for weeks, all jumbled up in the same cardboard boxes.

how can anyone know whether or not the vial was broken in one of those boxes and the contents spilled all over-including the knickers

hey presto!!! hanratty's dna on the knickers 25 years later!
                      atb

larue

Comment

errrr...

actually Graham, i meant i'm suprised to learn you had not heard of the washed clothes etc. i had read of this already, and have pondered upon the broken vial and what it's contents spilled over...

i think it is mentioned in the transcript of the dna appeal
                        Larue,

I'm well aware that JH handed his soiled trousers (ref: his 'encounter' with Carole France) to the police, but hand on heart I had never until tonight connected those soiled trousers with the broken vial and the exhibits used to collect the DNA in later years. And it certainly is mentioned in the DNA appeal, as you say. If I'm guilty of being a bit dim in this respect, so be it.

Having said all that, I've quaffed a particularly good Chianti tonight after a highly-stressful day, so please bear with me....

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

I've quaffed a particularly good Chianti tonight after a highly-stressful day, so please bear with me....

Cheers,

Graham
                          Hi Graham

Chianti? All is forgiven! Still you've done well not to get your mords wuddled!

KR
                          Steve
                          (Sauvigon Blanc this evening, rounded off with a large Scotch.)

Comment

• i say you two!!!!!

i thought i was pushing the boat out with two coffees and a glass of milk!!!
                            atb

larue

Comment

Larue,

I'm well aware that JH handed his soiled trousers (ref: his 'encounter' with Carole France) to the police, but hand on heart I had never until tonight connected those soiled trousers with the broken vial and the exhibits used to collect the DNA in later years.

Cheers,

Graham
                              phew! i thought you must have known aboot this. no criticism implied.
                              atb

larue

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                                Hi Graham

Chianti? All is forgiven! Still you've done well not to get your mords wuddled!

KR
                                Steve
                                (Sauvigon Blanc this evening, rounded off with a large Scotch.)
                                You're washing the dog, then???

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

Working...
                                X