X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Hi Larue
    None of the evidence disclosed since the trial has proven beyond doubt that Hanratty was innocent.
    Kind regards,
    Steve
    hey Steve

mayhap, but the non-disclosure at the time of the trial would surely have been grounds for a mistrial, and discovered afterward, grounds for appeal and/or a re-trial. shame is, the defendant was dead by then...
    atb

larue

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony View Post
      No I think a lot happened in that car that has never been revealed or explained.
      Tony.
      hey Tony

you and me both mate! and i doubt it ever will be revealed either...
      atb

larue

Comment

• Hi Larue

Quite agree - I have posted several times that Hanratty should not have been found guilty on the evidence presented at the trial. Guilty or innocent, there was not enough evidence to prove guilt, although of course the jury disagreed with that. If he had been found not guilty he would have walked away a free man.

Kind regards,
        Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
          Hi Guys,
          What a fascinating subject this is[ if thats the apt word].
          If one takes the actual wording of Valeries statement, the mind boggles, and indeed many questions have to be asked.
          I would say, having sat in a period Morris minior, and having first hand experience of the cramp conditions that I experienced as a twelve stone Plus guy[ many years ago,] I would not get in it now]. that sitting in the back seat, especially in adaptability to carry out a shooting , and a rape, I find hard to accept.Neverless it obviously happened, so I would suggest that Mikes nerve was gone , and although opportunety arose, mayby to overpower, he saw it safer to play it cool. which did not pay off.
          And the replacing of Valeries Nickers by herself , would obviously have had semen placed on them.
          Regards Richard.
          One of the points you are making here and was also pointed out a couple of days ago was that the reason there was semen stains on Valerie’s knickers was that she was allowed to put them on again after the rape. Now I might be wrong here, and I’m always happy to be corrected, but didn’t the earlier DNA tests say there were three sexual DNA discoveries: one was Hanratty’s, one was Valerie’s and one was Gregston’s.
          In the later, ‘more conclusive’, test this had been reduced to only one profile: Hanratty’s.

Now, this might be a bit delicate for some, but when I put my underpants on I think I more or less always get them in the same position and I would imagine so did Valerie. So at this more refined test how was it that only one profile showed up? Where had Mike’s DNA disappeared to? Or did they take a sample from another part of the knickers, rather than the critical part, that might just have come into contact with the broken test tube that allegedly contained a swab of semen from Hanratty’s trousers and was kept with Valerie's knickers?

Tony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony View Post
            Where had Mike’s DNA disappeared to? Or did they take a sample from another part of the knickers, rather than the critical part, that might just have come into contact with the broken test tube that allegedly contained a swab of semen from Hanratty’s trousers and was kept with Valerie's knickers?

Tony.

hi Tony

good point. sadly, the underwear in question was cut up years ago, and only a small piece kept for posterity, or some other reason, and in another of those almost unbelievable co-incidences, of which this case is replete, only one dna sample was left to be found by analysis. precicely the sample which was required. amazing that!

the broken vial is another story.
            atb

larue

Comment

• James Hanratty's last letter from bedford Prison (April 3rd 1962)

Haven't come across any of Hanratty's letters on the net anywhere. Maybe this is the most fitting place to put his last letter to his brother Michael. This very revealing and poignant letter speaks for itself.
              Attached Files

Comment

• They're hardly the thoughts of a convicted murderer about to meet his Maker.

PS. Only another 238 posts to go and I become a sergeant, do I get a pay rise ?
                Last edited by jimarilyn; 07-23-2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
                  They're hardly the thoughts of a convicted murderer about to meet his Maker.

PS. Only another 238 posts to go and I become a sergeant, do I get a pay rise ?
                  Your research merits one.

Tony.

Comment

• Hi Jimarilyn,
                    I have read that letter before many moons ago, but reading it again, having viewed this thread on Hanratty since day one, I find a slight shift on my belief that he was guilty.
                    I would be intrested if a expert panel of 'Quacks' actually read that final letter, and were asked to form a opinion on its content, and comment on its authenticity to deliver a verdict.
                    Summing up , it would appear James Hanratty, was a extremly, cunning individual, or a very emotional one with regard to his familys attitude towards him.
                    Regards Richard.

Comment

• Or in denial?

Comment

• Hi Steve,
                        I accept that view.
                        In Denial, Yes possibly, but one would imagine that throughout his days in the condemmed cell, he surely did not indicate insanity to his warders, and appeared to have been a cooperative prisoner, and my question would be.
                        Any person of sane mind , surely can not believe in denial, if he was as guilty as he was found, he if of sound mind , would have been fully aware if he was guilty or not, and would have spent his final three weeks In either accepting 'No way out' if guilty, or pure desperation if not.
                        If it were me.
                        If innocent I would have screamed the place down.
                        If Guilty 'What the heck'
                        Regards Richard.

Comment

• As some astute American once noted, "Nobody on Death Row is guilty".

Graham
                          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Hi Richard

Yes, but perhaps you have a different personality to Hanratty. Actually I hope you do have a different personality - Hanratty was a killer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                              As some astute American once noted, "Nobody on Death Row is guilty".

Graham
                              Hi Graham

And our prisons are full of innocent people wrongly convicted by an establishment determined to let guilty people go free!

Comment

• Dna

Hi all.

I'm not being a smart-arse here, just asking a straightforward question. Can someone please tell me where and by whom it was written that there were more than one male DNA on the knickers? Everything I ever read about the tests suggests that one and only one male DNA trace was found.

Cheers,

Graham
                                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Working...
                                X