This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conspiracy?

It’s inconceivable that anybody involved in the crime before it’s execution, e.g. supplying the weapon, would willingly shop the gunman.

To do so would risk exposure of their own role. It would have been in such peoples’ interest to protect the murderer in order to protect themselves.

Peter

Comment

• Originally posted by P.L.A View Post
      It’s inconceivable that anybody involved in the crime before it’s execution, e.g. supplying the weapon, would willingly shop the gunman.

To do so would risk exposure of their own role. It would have been in such peoples’ interest to protect the murderer in order to protect themselves.

Peter
      Hi Peter,
      That’s assuming the gunman was Hanratty. Agreed you wouldn’t have given the gun to Hanratty and then stuck him in the frame for it
      If it was Alphon there would have been every reason to shop Hanratty. Five thousand of them in fact in PLA’s bank account.

Tony

Comment

• Hired Gunmen

I’m sure that if conspirators paid someone to kill Mike, they wouldn’t have thought twice about hiring another hit-man to eliminate the original gunman if he started to become problematic, or an embarrassment in any way.

Peter

Comment

• He Did the Lot

How did a humble, meek compliant prisoner who wouldn’t hurt a mouse fail to earn even one days remission on his three year sentence?

Peter

Comment

How did a humble, meek compliant prisoner who wouldn’t hurt a mouse fail to earn even one days remission on his three year sentence?

Peter
            Evening Peter,

Absolutely excellent point. Never ever thought of that.
            Tony

Comment

Peter
              Unless, for whatever reason, Charles France felt that somehow suspicion might fall upon himself.

Cheers,

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Judge for yourself

Here's just one good reason why it wasn't Hanratty in that Morris Minor
                Attached Files

Comment

Peter
                  He made several escape attempts and forfeited all his normal remission.

Comment

• Hanratty in Prison

Apart from his escape attempts, Hanratty also refused point blank to participate in any education or training sessions. Added to this is the fact that he habitually spat in the face of the prison warders.

Peter

Comment

• Dixie as a suspect

He could have become a suspect I suppose, but his age didn’t fit the profile police had in mind.

Peter.

Comment

Added to this is the fact that he habitually spat in the face of the prison warders.

Peter
                        Not a very endearing habit, and I would guess the prison warders exacted their revenge in several ways, only one would have been making sure he served his full term. One can only specualte on the other ways .....

Comment

Added to this is the fact that he habitually spat in the face of the prison warders.
                          I take it you were there and witnessed this.

Comment

Apart from his escape attempts, Hanratty also refused point blank to participate in any education or training sessions. Added to this is the fact that he habitually spat in the face of the prison warders.

Peter
                            Peter,

I can't recall reading about that particular trait of JH's. Where did you come across that?

Cheers,

Graham
                            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              I posted this on the old thread. New members might find it interesting:

However, The Vienna’s location just a short distance from Dixie’s home increases the possibility that Dixie went to the hotel to plant the spent cartridges in the room, room 24, that he knew Hanratty had slept in the night before the murder.

Kind regards,
                              Steve
                              assuming that hanratty was the gunman

how did dixie know which room? did hanratty tell him?
                              how did he get the cartridge cases in the first place? did hanratty give them to him?
                              how did he gain access to the hotel room? just aks the receptionist 'scuse me, can i just nip in to room 24 for a moment, i want to plant some evidence in a murder case for the police to find'

merely having the cartridge cases in his possesion made dixie an accesory after the fact. a very, very serious position in a murder case. this being so, why did he not just toddle along to the nearest police station with the cartridge cases and spill the beans. after all, he waited how long for the cases to be found? and at any time, the supposed 'daily cleaner' might just have swept them into the garbage. then what?

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              It could even be that he was simply peeved that Hanratty chose to stay in a hotel virtually on his doorstep rather than accept his own hospitality – I don’t believe this, but we shouldn’t rule anything out.
                              Steve
                              neither do i!
                              atb

larue

Comment

• Ji9m In Prison

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                                Peter,

I can't recall reading about that particular trait of JH's. Where did you come across that?

Cheers,

Graham
                                Sunday Times major feature on the crime in 1966. Also included an in depth interview with Mrs. France and her brother.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
                                X