X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• those pesky further developments...

Originally posted by RonIpstone View Post
    We all here waiting for the further developments.

Ron
    (Justice for all)
    That never materialise?

Like your parentheses Ron.
    babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

• Originally posted by RonIpstone View Post
      We all here waiting for the further developments.

Ron
      (Justice for all)

DNA tests are to be carried out which will prove Hanrattys innocence.

Comment

• Maybe it's scientific evidence that the earth is really flat after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
          You echo my thoughts completely Tony. It is beyond my comprehension too why the dyed in the wool jimdiditites (who have recently been re-named jimmites by a couple of them) spend so much valuable time and energy expounding the 'establishment' view. If I were among their ranks I certainly wouldn't be wasting precious time trying to convince any doubters that officialdom were right. Either they are just argumentative by nature or they too have their doubts [without admitting it] that the very convenient and timely DNA LCN findings of 2002 are just a little too pat, given what is now known about that technique. They'll have to wait until the cows come home (whatever time that will be) before convincing me.

Your input and humour have been much missed, I know you've been a very keen student of this enigmatic case for almost 40 years and your knowledge and understanding of it are second to none.

I'm a proud flat-earther, as are a lot of folk who live in Holland. My local golf course is far from flat though, I must admit. Unlike the playing surface at Anfield which is very even.

regards,
          James
          Again, you want a one sided debate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony View Post
            I do not believe James Hanratty was guilty and I strongly suspect that the case is not over just yet. There should be further developments soon from what I hear.
            Hi Tony,

You could be right, Woffinden continues to push for further analysis and investiation and should anything turn up then I'll read it with interest - and that's one of the reasons why I'm still here. I do consider Hanratty to be guilty as charged because there is no strong evidence that he didn't do it. I realise some people believe there's no strong evidence that he did do it, and therein lies the discussion and deliberation.

To the Jimdiditites you have your victory; as you keep saying your case is proved beyond doubt. Yes you are indeed right in the eyes of the law, system call it what you want.
            Yes it is a legal victory, but there are many technicalities to the case, which to my mind, need to be ironed out - another topic for discussion here.

But as can be seen by the content of this case life is very short so why do you waste your time debating with us, the flat earthers, as you like to call us?
            Is life that short? Alphon lived to a ripe old age until last year, and Valerie is still alive. She has her justice, but don't you think it'd be even more tolerable for her if she knew more about why her lover was shot dead, herself raped and then shot. She definitely deserves better than the futile, malignant, repulsive and repetitive accusations that she perverted the law - I'm not saying that everyone in your camp makes them, but some do.

If you recall I only referred to those postulating a conspiracy theory involving the likes of Alphon, Ewer, Nudds and France as "Flat Earthers". I strongly believe that the evidence against Hanratty is stronger than the evidence against Alphon, and I find it deeply hypocritical to be arguing for Hanratty's innocence in terms of Alphon's (or Ewer's) guilt, the concept is as ridiculous as the concept of a Flat Earth. Everyone should be able to see the ships sinking over the horizon.

Would you really spend hours debating with the flat earth society? I don’t think so. Something about this case must cause you some concern.
            Yes, everyone deserves the opportunity to be educated, and if not for continued debate and discussion then people would be left behind. I've often said that there are aspects of this case that cause concern - the apparently random, ridiculous and motiveless heist in the middle of nowhere, for instance.

Surely you must have better things to do with yourselves than engage with us (who you must think are idiots).
            You have your victory so why do you continue?
            The illiterate and uneducated are a drain on society and I think the most humane thing to do is to educate them, rather than leaving them to starve.

KR,
            Vic.
            Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
            Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
              Hi Tony,

You could be right, Woffinden continues to push for further analysis and investiation and should anything turn up then I'll read it with interest - and that's one of the reasons why I'm still here.
              From what I recall of Bob's last article published in the Oldie during the Summer, he pushes for further investigation but is not willing to fund it himself.

Ron
              (Justice for all)

Comment

• Everything comes down to money in the end.

I suppose if there is no one to fund it there will be no further investigation into the DNA results.

Comment

• Woffinden was instrumental in initiating the DNA test and approved of it - until the result.

Does anyone seriously doubt that he would have continued to approve of the test had it come up with the result he wanted?

Comment

• Originally posted by NickB View Post
                    Woffinden was instrumental in initiating the DNA test and approved of it - until the result.

Does anyone seriously doubt that he would have continued to approve of the test had it come up with the result he wanted?
                    Hi Nick,

You can bet that if it had say Alphon's DNA profile, then he would be strongly arguing that Alphon was guilty. I bet even Norma would too.

KR,
                    Vic.
                    Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
                    Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

• I would just like to take this opportunity to wish all the contributors to this thread, a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Cheers
                      Silence is Consent!

Comment

• Seasons Greetings to you too Black Rabbit.

Comment

• Hmm..and if the tests had picked up Alphon's DNA, the police would now be arguing that the samples had been contaminated and therefore the tests were worthless.

Merry Christmas to you all!

DM

Comment

• Originally posted by Dupplin Muir View Post
                            Hmm..and if the tests had picked up Alphon's DNA, the police would now be arguing that the samples had been contaminated and therefore the tests were worthless.

DM
                            Nice one Dupplin!
                            Yes---Merry Christmas to all ---sparring partners included!
                            Norma

Comment

• A very Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year to both camps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dupplin Muir View Post
                                Hmm..and if the tests had picked up Alphon's DNA, the police would now be arguing that the samples had been contaminated and therefore the tests were worthless.

DM
                                Merry Xmas DM and to you all here.

Derrick

Comment

Working...
                                X