X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont be frightened ---nobody"s going to hurt you

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
      Don't worry - there is Vic and his completely separate non-sock puppet Ron to fight those fearsome fiends the sock puppets!
      How can you possibly confuse Ron and Victor? They have completely different postings styles, totally different angles on what they say and how they say it. Ron very rarely quotes anything whereas Victor always does. Ron writes fiction, good fiction actually, and uses humour and sarcasm to make his salient points...Victor tends to argue with ruthless logic and get straight to the point. Totally, totally different. Besides neither of them are cowards or afraid to stand by what they say as who they are.

Not so Steve, Reg, Clive, and now the infamous Rerrick, who proclaims himself A6 expert from the hilltops (or Alps), bangs on as if expert on LCN DNA, insults everyone who disagrees with him...all his posts are carbon copies of himself and his sock puppets. He hasn't even got the creativity to create a sock puppet with a slightly different psychotic persona to the one he genuinely has!
      babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Norma - aren't you just proud to be a flatearther? I mean - when you think of the alternative .......
        He eschewed the flat earth society when he said he was relieved the wrong man was not hanged.

Good old Sherrard.
        babybird

George Sand

Comment

• May 2002 following the appeal ruling:

MICHAEL SHERRARD: The public were cheated, the system was cheated. I don't regard myself as having been cheated. I, I'm really an intermediate player, but Hanratty was hanged. He was cheated. If the other material that was not disclosed to us would have made the difference, so it, it's fair to say that there seems to be a strong argument at least for saying that the trial was fatally flawed and the word fatal has a real significance in this context.

Comment

Norma - aren't you just proud to be a flatearther? I mean - when you think of the alternative .......
            Hi Julie,

The alternative? You mean living in the real world!

And you're now condoning sock-puppetry - does that mean you want to shove your hand up Norma's ar$e? It'd make a change from Jimarilyn's nose I suppose.

KR,
            Vic
            Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
            Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
              Hi Julie,

The alternative? You mean living in the real world!

And you're now condoning sock-puppetry - does that mean you want to shove your hand up Norma's ar$e? It'd make a change from Jimarilyn's nose I suppose.

KR,
              Vic
              So here we have it - the evidence that our camp can be ridiculed and lampooned and even insulted openly and yet when we come back with a little humour the knives really go in.

I don't condon sock puppetry but I don't accuse people of being one without evidence. Having a similar posting style to someone else does not make them a sock puppet. Arguing from the same view point does not make them a sock puppet.

Comment

• Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                How can you possibly confuse Ron and Victor? They have completely different postings styles, totally different angles on what they say and how they say it. Ron very rarely quotes anything whereas Victor always does. Ron writes fiction, good fiction actually, and uses humour and sarcasm to make his salient points...Victor tends to argue with ruthless logic and get straight to the point. Totally, totally different. Besides neither of them are cowards or afraid to stand by what they say as who they are.

Not so Steve, Reg, Clive, and now the infamous Rerrick, who proclaims himself A6 expert from the hilltops (or Alps), bangs on as if expert on LCN DNA, insults everyone who disagrees with him...all his posts are carbon copies of himself and his sock puppets. He hasn't even got the creativity to create a sock puppet with a slightly different psychotic persona to the one he genuinely has!
                I have not 'confused' them at all. Some days ago - Vic was suggesting that several new posters were obvious sock puppets of Reg. There is no evidence for this except for the similarity of their view points. I returned that Ron and Vic share similar view points and could therefore be one and the same person. It was a tongue-in-cheek remark meant to highlight the fact that we have to trust that posters are genuine individuals and not multiple personalities.

I think it is totally unfair to accuse someone of something without evidence just because their view is different from yours.

Comment

• brown nose or number 2::--Reg and his sock puppets are crossing the Alps chaps---- run for cover lads!

BROWN NOSE-double number 2 aka VIC :

Don"t be so frightened chaps---just unbuckle your belts---he won"t hurt you!
                  Last edited by Natalie Severn; 11-30-2010, 01:29 PM.

Comment

So here we have it - the evidence that our camp can be ridiculed and lampooned and even insulted openly and yet when we come back with a little humour the knives really go in.
                    Hi Julie,

So when you do it it's "a little humour" and when I return the favour it's "the knives really go in"? Interesting.

I don't condon sock puppetry but I don't accuse people of being one without evidence. Having a similar posting style to someone else does not make them a sock puppet. Arguing from the same view point does not make them a sock puppet.
                    Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Try reading Jen's post again, it's not just the same views that make people suspect sock-puppetry, it's style, content, tone, use of language, phraseology, colloquialisms, &tc. Not forgetting that he's done it before.

Anyway all we've done is vocalise a suspicion and found common ground, it might not be true but there's enough to be suspicious about it.

KR,
                    Vic.
                    Last edited by Victor; 11-30-2010, 01:54 PM.
                    Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.

Comment

I have not 'confused' them at all. Some days ago - Vic was suggesting that several new posters were obvious sock puppets of Reg. There is no evidence for this except for the similarity of their view points. I returned that Ron and Vic share similar view points and could therefore be one and the same person. It was a tongue-in-cheek remark meant to highlight the fact that we have to trust that posters are genuine individuals and not multiple personalities.

I think it is totally unfair to accuse someone of something without evidence just because their view is different from yours.
                      The evidence is there. It is not the similar viewpoints. It is the carbon copy posting style as i have highlighed in the post i made that you have just quoted from. Ron and Vic have similar viewpoints but totally and utterly different styles of writing and expressing themselves....Reg/Steve/Clive/Rerrick are one and the same person as evidenced from their postings which are all the same...same viewpoint, same expressions, same posting style, same professed expertise in LCN etc etc...there are no deviations whatsoever in any of these posters styles of posting. That IS evidence that they are the same person, which I, and many others, firmly believe to be true.
                      babybird

George Sand

Comment

Hi Julie,

If it was only that they have a different view to me then you'd have a point, but it's not just that, it's a plethora of nuances. See above.

KR,
                        Vic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                          So you think,Vic,that Michael Sherrard QC is actually suggesting when he says," Who would have thought that for 31 years,the police would have kept ,on ice,Valerie Storie's knickers and the handkerchief that wrapped the gun" that he meant that literally ? You do realise Linda Goldman,also a lawyer, co-wrote the biography with Michael Sherrard? Is she too likely to have thought the police kept Valerie"s knickers in a tub of ice cubes for 31 years?
                          Hi Norma,

Back to Sherrard - ridiculing the comment, and not quoting the "frozen" passage which is essentially a repeat of the "on ice" comment misses the point. Try going for a literal version of "frozen" - yes I think he means kept in a fridge\freezer.

Here we have a highly intelligent,highly successful lawyer,Michael Sherrard, with a wealth of legal experience behind him showing compassion,sensitivity , total commitment,an astute awarenes of all the legal intrigues that go on throughout his long biography--a man who became one of the foremost advocates of his generation with a long and highly distinguished career.
                          Indeed, he was a good advocate, and being a good advocate usually entails have a blinkered viewpoint of the clients integrity.

His autobiography contains errors therefore is not a reliable source for comments on Hanratty.

KR,
                          Vic.

Comment

• can someone pinpoint...

the quote where Sherrard admits he accepts the wrong man was not hanged for the A6 murder? Can someone tell me the date?

many thanks

Jen

By the way, I don't think it is an inconsistent position to take that one can wish the original trial had been fairer in terms of disclosures yet still accept now that justice has in fact been done.
                            Last edited by babybird67; 11-30-2010, 01:56 PM.
                            babybird

George Sand

Comment

• Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                              the quote where Sherrard admits he accepts the wrong man was not hanged for the A6 murder? Can someone tell me the date?
                              Hi Jen,

It's here -> http://web.archive.org/web/200502121...k/hanratty.htm

But there's no specific date on it.

By the way, I don't think it is an inconsistent position to take that one can wish the original trial had been fairer in terms of disclosures yet still accept now that justice has in fact been done.
                              That's essentially what he says in the penultimate paragraph - Mr Sherrard said, "The wrong man was not hanged. That was an immense relief to me." However, his opinion of the original prosecution remains unchanged. "The evidence was too weak to justify conviction. I still hold that view."

KR,
                              Vic.

Comment

• brown nose number 3:

[I can"t open my zip!

Help!!![brown nose 2 has browned his CK"s]
                                Vic:Give yourself a good wipe!

"Reg" has been glimpsed by brown nose 1:

[he has bushy red hair like a fire on the top of his head and bushy red eyebrows ,big bristling and twitching mustache,red chin ,huge freckles ,military bearing---has a glove and a whip.....]

Brown nose 3 :Unbutton yourself Vic,quick !

Comment

Working...
                                X