This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
    Well Norma, we know he was mistaken or lying about the "on ice" and "frozen" comments, so maybe he is again.

KR,
    Vic.
    No.They are not the same at all Vic.Both the terms "on ice" and "frozen" when read in the context of my quote ,are metaphors.They are not meant to be taken "literally".
    Michael Sherrard"s statements refer to police fiddling with witness statements and altering what Hanratty said so that it made Hanratty look a liar when he was telling the truth.

Comment

Hi Norma,

The rest of the evidence suggests that it was Blackhall who was mistaken.

Why are you ignoring Doris Althoe?

KR,
      Vic.
      Whose evidence is this?

I am not ignoring Doris Althoe.She claimed to have seen "a"Morris Minor parked in Avondale Crescent throughout the day.
      And that was what there was .The identical Morris Minor to the murder car,in model ,colour and design, was parked in the same spot on the opposite side of the road all day.It belonged ,not to Gregsten"s aunt, but to Doreen Milne,who had parked in Avondale Crescent at 8.15 every weekday for over a year .However,the previous week she had been approached by the owner of the house and asked to park elsewhere.She then parked in the same spot but on the opposite side,where she had parked on 23rd August.
      This was clearly the car Mrs Doris Althoe had seen parked there "all day".
      Sometime that day,according to Margaret Thompson it was after 5.30 pm on that day ,the exact same model of car to Doreen Milne's was parked parallel to hers but on the opposite side of the road,in what had been her old spot up until the week before.

It was the Morris Minor Murder car.

Comment

• Did any of the Avondale Crescent witnesses make reference to the three fluorescent stripes on the rear bumper and the pushed-back front number-plate of the murder car?

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
          [U]So you are accusing Michael Sherrard QC of lying?
          I am saying he is mistaken. That is different from lying.

Similarly, Blackhall was mistaken on both occasions he identified innocent volunteers. This doesn't mean he deliberately chose people he knew were wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by NickB View Post
            I am saying he is mistaken. That is different from lying.

Similarly, Blackhall was mistaken on both occasions he identified innocent volunteers. This doesn't mean he deliberately chose people he knew were wrong.
            Which brings us back to the Avondale Crescent witnesses who say the car wasnt parked during the day where it was later found at 6.30pm.

Comment

• Hi Graham,
              Did any of the Avondale Crescent witnesses make reference to the three fluorescent stripes on the rear bumper and the pushed-back front number-plate of the murder car?

Graham
              Good point.I don't think anybody did.Perhaps julieq may know?
              Margaret Thompson referred to it blocking her path when she came back from the shops about 20 minutes before it was found.She said she had had to go on the road with her buggy as a result of the way it was parked.
              Last edited by Natalie Severn; 11-29-2010, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Hi Julie,

Are you going to reply to my comments regarding your repeated posting?

KR,
                Vic.

Vic

I was not aware you had made any comments about my repeated posting. i re-posted my comments concerning the cartridges cases because it was implied I was having trouble grasping that the cartridges were discharged when the gun was loaded. This implies I am stupid. Having found clear evidence from the Appeal that the cartridges were discharged when the gun was fired I provided another opportunity for people to read my comments about why I think Hanratty did not fire the gun and discharge those cartridge cases in the hotel room.

Re-posting earlier comments is no different from posting multiple quotes for which you have a fondness.

KR

Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

I quite clearly said "borders on" and my motive for doing so was that it is easy to accuse anyone on the boards of being a sock-suppet of anyone else, but there's only one person who regularly posted to this thread and has been banned from the boards for doing so. The admin team are able to check the IP addresses of users and will happily tell you that Ron and myself are different users, I'm not so sure they can say the same about Reg - Steve S - Clive English - Derrick and uncle_adolph.

I could respond to the lovely Mastermind parady he posted - I was thinking along the lines of "Who's the A6 murderer? Peter Alphon - Wrong - But it was - No it wasn't - Yes it was - He's behind you"

The other major point that seems to have escaped recent posts, especially Norma's, is that Mr Nudds evidence has little bearing on Hanratty being the killer, however, he's the major contributor to the Alphon case, without him the case against Alphon is a non-starter.

KR,
                  Vic.

Vic

Firstly - posters do not have access to IP addresses and therefore have to trust that all posters are individuals and not using multiple user-names. As you and Ron have similar views - it would not be unreasonable to suspect you were one person. However - I am not a suspicious type of person and would not dream of checking with Admin - or informing them if I thought you were one person.

You are obviously more suspicious and therefore accuse anyone who comes onto the site with a strong well-argued viewas being a 'sock puppet'. I am sure you do not have any evidence to prove that Derrick and Uncle Adolph are sock puppets of Reg or that Clive was. Without this evidence - your suggestion that Derrick and Uncle Adolph are sock puppets must be as monumentally stupid as my suggestion that you and Ron could be one and the same.

KR

Julie

Comment

No.They are not the same at all Vic.Both the terms "on ice" and "frozen" when read in the context of my quote ,are metaphors.They are not meant to be taken "literally".
                    Hi Norma,

The repetition and context suggests to me that he does mean it literally, and it is inaccurate, therefore it's highly likely that the book contains other inaccuracies and quoting it and suggesting that what he says is factual is highly suspect.

Michael Sherrard"s statements refer to police fiddling with witness statements and altering what Hanratty said so that it made Hanratty look a liar when he was telling the truth.
                    Those quotes do yes, but the suspect nature of his writing whether it be genuine error, or a failing memory, or deliberate deceit means we cannot conclude that Hanratty was not lying - in fact we know he lied about the Liverpool alibi, so his veracity is questionable.

KR,
                    Vic.
                    Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
                    Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                      I was not aware you had made any comments about my repeated posting.
                      Hi Julie,

See here -> http://forum.casebook.org/showpost.p...postcount=7129

Re-posting earlier comments is no different from posting multiple quotes for which you have a fondness.
                      I quote relevent parts of a previous post and reply to it because it establishes the context, and it makes it easier for me to write. I think it's very different from re-posting material.

KR,
                      Vic.
                      Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                        Firstly - posters do not have access to IP addresses and therefore have to trust that all posters are individuals and not using multiple user-names.
                        Hi Julie,

That is true, we have to trust, and Reg has demonstrated how he abused that trust by posting under the sock-puppets of Steve S and Clive English and who knows which others.

As you and Ron have similar views - it would not be unreasonable to suspect you were one person. However - I am not a suspicious type of person and would not dream of checking with Admin - or informing them if I thought you were one person.
                        Actually I do think it unreasonable, definitely paranoid. I have only ever used this one account and regard the use of sock-puppets as cowardly and deceitful. Oh, and against the site rules.

You are obviously more suspicious and therefore accuse anyone who comes onto the site with a strong well-argued viewas being a 'sock puppet'. I am sure you do not have any evidence to prove that Derrick and Uncle Adolph are sock puppets of Reg or that Clive was.
                        Reg, Steve and Clive - yes I do have evidence, go back and read the relevent posts. That set the precedent, and I'm not the only one who thinks so - see the recent posts by Jen and Graham.

Without this evidence - your suggestion that Derrick and Uncle Adolph are sock puppets must be as monumentally stupid as my suggestion that you and Ron could be one and the same.
                        IF I didn't have that evidence then yes it would be.

KR,
                        Vic.
                        Last edited by Victor; 11-29-2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• te:
                          Originally Posted by Natalie Severn

To which Vic answered

Hi Norma,

The repetition and context suggests to me that he does mean it literally, and it is inaccurate, therefore it's highly likely that the book contains other inaccuracies and quoting it and suggesting that what he says is factual is highly suspect.

So you think,Vic,that Michael Sherrard QC is actually suggesting when he says," Who would have thought that for 31 years,the police would have kept ,on ice,Valerie Storie's knickers and the handkerchief that wrapped the gun" that he meant that literally ? You do realise Linda Goldman,also a lawyer, co-wrote the biography with Michael Sherrard? Is she too likely to have thought the police kept Valerie"s knickers in a tub of ice cubes for 31 years?
                          Therefore his book must contain other inaccuracies and therefore "what he says is factual must be highly suspect!"
                          Oh Dear Vic!

Here we have a highly intelligent,highly successful lawyer,Michael Sherrard, with a wealth of legal experience behind him showing compassion,sensitivity , total commitment,an astute awarenes of all the legal intrigues that go on throughout his long biography--a man who became one of the foremost advocates of his generation with a long and highly distinguished career.But yet, Vic you now think he may be a secret "flatearther" like the rest of us-well why not? He supported that pariah Hanratty after all.That seems to be the answer to everything .
                          Last edited by Natalie Severn; 11-29-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

• OMG--Reg and his sock puppets are crossing the Alps chaps---- run for cover lads!

Comment

[/I]

So you think,Vic,that Michael Sherrard QC is actually suggesting when he says," Who would have thought that for 31 years,the police would have kept ,on ice,Valerie Storie's knickers and the handkerchief that wrapped the gun" that he meant that literally ? You do realise Linda Goldman,also a lawyer, co-wrote the biography with Michael Sherrard? Is she too likely to have thought the police kept Valerie"s knickers in a tub of ice cubes for 31 years?
                              Therefore his book must contain other inaccuracies and therefore what he says is inaccurate must be highly suspect!Oh Dear Vic!

Here we have a highly intelligent,highly successful lawyer,Michael Sherrard, with a wealth of legal experience behind him showing compassion,sensitivity , total commitment,an astute awarenes of all the legal intrigues that go on throughout his long biography--a man who became one of the foremost advocates of his generation with a long and highly distinguished career.But yet, Vic you now think he may be a secret "flatearther" like the rest of us-well why not? He supported that pariah Hanratty after all.That seems to be the answer to everything .
                              Norma - aren't you just proud to be a flatearther? I mean - when you think of the alternative .......

Comment

OMG--Reg and his sock puppets are crossing the Alps chaps---- run for cover lads!
                                Don't worry - there is Vic and his completely separate non-sock puppet Ron to fight those fearsome fiends the sock puppets!

Comment

Working...
                                X