X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
    Hi All!

4] Re: the Redbridge witnesses, to be honest I've never placed a huge amount of credibility in them, but as one of them thought he had seen Hanratty and so the prosecution was more or less obliged to use him.

5] Re: forensics in the car. There was nothing to link Alphon with the car, either, as has been pointed out about a million times on this thread. I'll say again, that I'm astounded that nothing was found to link anyone to the car other than the people who had legitimately travelled in it.

6] While I was away I took my Sherlock Holmes books with me, and turned up this passage in The Adventure Of Silver Blaze, which I think is very appropriate with regard to the debate about the A6 Case:

The tragedy has been so uncommon, so complete, and of such personal importance to so many people that we are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture, and hypothesis. The difficulty is to detach the framework of fact - of absolute, undeniable fact - from the embellishments of theorists and reporters.

Sez it all, or wot?

Graham

Some very good points there Graham and the last quote sums it up perfectly.

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Rabbit View Post
      I have never read such a rude, ignorant, bigoted, conceited, prejudiced, intolerant, opinionated, blinkered, haughty, egotistical, supercilious diatribe on a forum in all my life.

Shame on you!
      I can sympathise with your views concerning Ron's behaviour which I have also found to be offensive at various times. I agree that the post you quoted is shocking.

Please stay around and take part in the deabte. You would be very welcome.

Julie

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
        Vic – you have no evidence at all that Hanratty and Anderson were lovers. Neither do you have evidence that Hanratty suffered from hypersexuality. OK – so it appears he had a few lovers and he slept with prostitutes. So what? They were all consenting adults and by all accounts they all seemed to have enjoyed a warm relationship with Jim. Personally – I do disapprove of his behaviour with Carol France but they were consenting adults.
        Hi Julie,

There are newspaper reports that describe Anderson as his "girlfriend", and newspaper reports seem to be good enough for James to state that Anderson knew Ewer, or the "She saw him at the Cleaners" rubbish. I strongly doubt they were lovers in the relationship sense of the word, but I cannot rule out the possibility that they had sex.

Likewise I have no diagnosis that Hanratty was hypersexual, although as you point out, he reportedly had sex frequently.

I completely agree that Gregsten's and Hanratty's sexual liaisons are not relevent to the case.

I have said this before and I will repeat myself. Those who believe Hanratty was guilty have a genuine belief that justice was done. On their side is the verdict of the jury – the outcome of several appeals and the DNA evidence. That must give you all a certain amount of clout when arguing your case.

However – those of us who doubt Hanratty's guilt do so out of an equally genuine belief that justice was not done – either for Hanratty and his family or for Mike and Valerie and their families. We don't have the clout that the jury verdict and the appeals and the DNA evidence has – but that does not make us idiots or criminal-worshippers or morally deficient.
        Well said, thinking Hanratty innocent doesn't make you morally deficient, what does is accusing Valerie of falsifying her evidence as some have done on this thread. I also find accusations of police corruption to be unpalatable without evidence to back it up.

KR,
        Vic.
        Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
        Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

I can sympathise with your views concerning Ron's behaviour which I have also found to be offensive at various times. I agree that the post you quoted is shocking.

Please stay around and take part in the deabte. You would be very welcome.
          Hi Julie and BR,

To be honest I didn't find that post shocking at all, I did think it exaggerated certain aspects of the case, and used a narrow example of Bedford people to draw some major conclusions, my experience is completely different, but I worked at the Unilever Research Labs at Colworth and met an entirely different set of people to those Ron did. The level of frustration in Ron's post seems to me to be comparable to that of other posters with the opposite opinion.

I'm getting suspicious that Reg may be playing around with sock puppets again - uncle_adolph seems a likely candidate to be sat on Derrick's knee singing "I wish I could Fly".

KR,
          Vic
          Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
            Hi Julie and BR,

To be honest I didn't find that post shocking at all, I did think it exaggerated certain aspects of the case, and used a narrow example of Bedford people to draw some major conclusions, my experience is completely different, but I worked at the Unilever Research Labs at Colworth and met an entirely different set of people to those Ron did. The level of frustration in Ron's post seems to me to be comparable to that of other posters with the opposite opinion.

I'm getting suspicious that Reg may be playing around with sock puppets again - uncle_adolph seems a likely candidate to be sat on Derrick's knee singing "I wish I could Fly".

KR,
            Vic
            Well for that matter you and Ron could be the same person.

Comment

• I've had the whiff of a sock-puppet on this thread for some time....

I know a few A6 posters are also looking at the thread Did Steve Wright Get A Fair Trial At Ipswich? and sugggest anyone who hasn't been there take a look at the last dozen or so posts on this thread. You may find a few similarities to the A6 Case....

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                Hi babybird!
                I have made mistakes with names throughout my life.I am a bit like Hanratty and have suffered embarrassment over it!
                Hi Norma!

That's fine...i wouldn't have mentioned it, i just find it odd that Jim uses this reason to belittle Vic's posts but does the opposite with yours.

It's that old 'H' word again that gets me so annoyed lol.

take care
                babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

ps. Thank you for your nice compliment Jen. I hope your son has a great birthday.

You're most welcome Vic. Yours and Graham's posts are the ones I always look forward to reading most. I have the utmost respect for the both of you, for your knowledge, expression and the way you logically argue your cases on here.

Jen x
                  babybird

George Sand

Comment

• Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                    You're most welcome Vic. Yours and Graham's posts are the ones I always look forward to reading most. I have the utmost respect for the both of you, for your knowledge, expression and the way you logically argue your cases on here.

Jen x
                    Why, thank you ma'am! Your sentiment is reciprocated!

Graham
                    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Thanks Ron for posting those photos of the interior of the Jaguar.Safari couldn"t open the page
                      of the MM but never mind---I still believe it had a very very basic engine and straightforward gear system that only someone unfamiliar with cars like Alphon would have been likely to have had any trouble with worth commenting on by Valerie.
                      And Vic,it still makes much more sense to me, to place Alphon in the scenario of depositing the gun on the 36A bus on leaving the Vienna Hotel,because it would have been so easy on an uncrowded bus, early noon , only hours after the murder.
                      And Alphon ,in doing so, could then have stayed on the bus until it reached Victoria ,where he could return to his locker at Victoria"s left luggage where he had left a case the day before the murder.
                      Regards,
                      Norma

Comment

Well for that matter you and Ron could be the same person.
                        Hi Julie,

I'm in a pub reading this on my iPhone, and just had to smirk about the ridiculousness of this comment... It borders on the monumentally stupid.

Lots of love to Jen and Graham.

KR,
                        Vic

Comment

Hi Julie,

I'm in a pub reading this on my iPhone, and just had to smirk about the ridiculousness of this comment... It borders on the monumentally stupid.

Lots of love to Jen and Graham.

KR,
                          Vic

Hey babe! how disappointing .........and there was me thinking we were about to have lots of fun seeing a punch and judy show with all these sock puppets!

Norma

Comment

• Setting the record straight

Originally posted by babybird67 View Post
                            Funny, Victor's knowledge about the case as well as his arguments and posts in general have always impressed me.

A bit petty of you to pick on this when you seem happy to leave Norma's continual misnaming of people (e.g Langland) uncommented upon.

Re. your first point I will refer you to a very recent post of Victor's [#7189] which is just one [of many] example of Victor's lack of knowledge and understanding about the A6 case and his ludicrous and unfounded allegations.....
                            It seems that Jim had no problem with sleeping with any woman - from 16 year old Carole to 45 year old Ann(e) Pryce to Louise Anderson - his "girlfriend". He's seems to be a sufferer of hypersexuality.

Re. your second point it might surprise you to know that there are just 4 posts of Norma's wherein she identified Langdale as Langland. On the other hand there are 21 posts of hers in which she correctly spells his name, in other words 84% of the time. Anyone with any intelligence would know who she meant by Langland anyhow.

Comment

• Hi James,
                              Funny this but it seems to have got to me too as I started wondering why Vic had said it and usually when I finish on the boards I forget all about it until the next time viz :

Re. your first point I will refer you to a very recent post of Victor's [#7189] which is just one [of many] example of Victor's lack of knowledge and understanding about the A6 case and his ludicrous and unfounded allegations.....
                              Quote:
                              It seems that Jim had no problem with sleeping with any woman - from 16 year old Carole to 45 year old Ann(e) Pryce to Louise Anderson - his "girlfriend". He's seems to be a sufferer of hypersexuality.
                              Just taking the above statement as it stands.If one reviews the evidence, there is actually no indication that James Hanratty had anything other than the normal sex drive of any 24 year old male.
                              I have read this suggestion was made by Acott and/or Swanwick which is where such an idea may have taken root in people"s minds.I seem to remember it was inferred by the prosecution ,and to me says far more about some men of the generation of Swanwick and Supt Acott who probably found sex itself a bit "dirty" and were consequently given to indulging in prurient and smutty thoughts about it.Certainly such notions about Hanratty"s hypersexuality do not stem from any objective analysis of what is known about his sexual behaviour,
                              Thankyou for defending my problem over names!
                              Best
                              Norma
                              Last edited by Natalie Severn; 11-27-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• i thought only bent records interested you Jim

Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
                                The only ludicrous and unfounded allegations i have read on this thread have come from you and your cronies who insist the earth is flat and an innocent rape victim would prefer to have an innocent man hang for the crime!

Re. your second point it might surprise you to know that there are just 4 posts of Norma's wherein she identified Langdale as Langland. On the other hand there are 21 posts of hers in which she correctly spells his name, in other words 84% of the time. Anyone with any intelligence would know who she meant by Langland anyhow.
                                My point was missed by you...as usual. My point was that you are a hypocrite. You use Victor's mistake over one name to state he is misinformed and ignorant but you fail to apply the same standardxs to the posters who do the same providing they agree with you ...hypocrisy. But what else can anyone expect from you? You do exactly the same with every other idiotic argument you attempt pathetically to make.
                                Last edited by babybird67; 11-27-2010, 04:18 PM.
                                babybird

George Sand

Comment

Working...
                                X