This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I think you edited it out in the previous post, somehow (mystery of the Casebook attachments system!) but the same image is with your latest post. This isn't the picture I had previously posted, provided to me by Granger, but I believe it is still an image of the waxworks Hanratty.

(I hope you follow that, I'm struggling and I wrote it!!!)

I'm gonna try and download both so you can see for yourself that one's a waxwork while the other is a photo.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Hi

Was there more than one waxwork model made of James Hanratty ? I'm having some trouble reconciling the one enclosed with the Kirk Douglas lookalike one. It looks like the same tie though. The right side profile photo that I submitted a couple of posts ago is the REAL Hanratty.
      Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-16-2008, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• Hi

Are these 2 different views of the same waxwork model ? Is it the light playing tricks or does the model on the right seem about 15 years younger ?
        Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-16-2008, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
          Hi

Was there more than one waxwork model made of James Hanratty ? I'm having some trouble reconciling the one enclosed with the Kirk Douglas lookalike one. It looks like the same tie though. The right side profile photo that I submitted a couple of posts ago is the REAL Hanratty.

Methinks there might be some gremlins in the works, that's twice now that an attachment has appeared and then mysteriously disappeared.

Comment

HiAre these 2 different views of the same waxwork model ? Is it the light playing tricks or does the model on the right seem about 15 years younger ?
            I'll try again. Hopefully this time they will remain in place.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Pictures

Greetings one and all

The profile picture is one of the series taken of the prisoner soon after his arrest in Blackpool.

Hanratty is wearing the plain yellow tie he wore when he first appeared before Ampthill magistrates after being charged. You can’t see it on this picture though.

Peter

Comment

Methinks there might be some gremlins in the works, that's twice now that an attachment has appeared and then mysteriously disappeared.
                On both posts you've gone back and edited, so it might be that you are inadvertently deleting the image.

Comment

• Waxworks

Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
                  Are these 2 different views of the same waxwork model ? Is it the light playing tricks or does the model on the right seem about 15 years younger ?
                  The waxworks model on the left does look like an older version of Hanratty, he appears to be in this 30s, but I think poor lighting it is at least partly to blame.

Comment

Actually, this is a very good point. There is every possibility that more than one waxworks models of Hanratty was made. There could have been one in London, and another in Blackpool, and it is quite possible that the second model differed slightly from the first.

Comment

• Originally posted by P.L.A View Post
                      The profile picture is one of the series taken of the prisoner soon after his arrest in Blackpool.

Hanratty is wearing the plain yellow tie he wore when he first appeared before Ampthill magistrates after being charged. You can’t see it on this picture though.

Peter
                      This is exactly the kind of fascinating detail that Bob would have posted ......

Comment

• Cottages at Dorney

This is a photograph I took on a recent visit to Slough. It shows the cottages to the north of the cornfield gate and was taken from exactly where the Morris Minor would have been parked when it first arrived in the cornfield. It illustrates just how close the car was parked to the cottages, and this is probably why the gunman instructed Gregsten to drive further into the cornfield.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
                          This is exactly the kind of fascinating detail that Bob would have posted ......

Yes, I agree. My thoughts exactly. Bob on the old thread was a mine of information regarding certain aspects of the case, especially re. Hanratty's arrest in Blackpool on the evening of October 11th 1961.

PS I think you may be right about my re-editing and having to re-size certain photos, and I've (as you said ) inadvertently removed the attachment.

Comment

• Hi

Here's the entrance to that cornfield at Dorney Reach. From the look of it it's quite muddy. You would have thought the soles of the murderer's shoes would have accumulated some mud (apparently it had been raining heavily that day) and left prints inside the Morris Minor.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-16-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Hi

And just a mile or so away was The Old Station Inn at Taplow where Gregsten and Miss Storie had been shortly before heading for the cornfield. Mary Lanz said later on that Alphon had also been in the pub the same evening. If not true why would she lie ?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-16-2008, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Deadman's Hill 23rd August 1961

Hi, Sorry for hogging the last few posts. Just thought these scanned photos would be of interest to those not familiar with these images.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X