X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
    Hi Larue,

There isn't a single thing that VS said that has been proven incorrect though is there? The closest you can come is the identification of Michael Clark (in preference to Peter Alphon), or the euphemisms about planning car rallies.

John Kerr has no reason to lie, but his statements are disputed, and it is his 10 minutes of fame - discovering a body and helping save VS life - a young student thrust into the limelight without getting crippled (and lots of time in hospital &tc) in the process. Since when have students been dependable paragons of virtue? Even Oxford has student problems.

KR,
    Vic.

To coin a famous John McEnroe expression......"You can't be serious"

You've obviously got your tongue planted firmly in cheek with this post Victor.
    Are you implying that VS is a dependable paragon of virtue ? I hardly think so.

You need to do a lot more reading than your oft quoted "Court of Appeal" judgment, your very own unreliable little bible.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimarilyn View Post
      To coin a famous John McEnroe expression......"You can't be serious"

You've obviously got your tongue planted firmly in cheek with this post Victor.
      Are you implying that VS is a dependable paragon of virtue ? I hardly think so.

You need to do a lot more reading than your oft quoted "Court of Appeal" judgment, your very own unreliable little bible.
      Totally serious and genuine. What part are you disputing?

"as her [VS] veracity was never in dispute" - para 132
      "The defence did not doubt Valerie Storie's honesty (nor could they)" - para 135

The defence didn't doubt her but you do.

You need to stop believing everything you read that's written by anti-establishment journalists.

Journalists - people employed to create sensationalist stories out of a mixture of allegations, half-truths and rumours - the more scandal the better!
      Last edited by Victor; 05-07-2009, 05:45 PM.
      Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
      Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

The defence didn't doubt her but you do.

In one word "yes". For very good reasons. I most definitely don't take as gospel every word which has been uttered from VS's mouth. It seems to me the only people who's veracity you don't doubt are VS's, BMA's and anyone in league with the persecution..... oops I mean prosecution counsel from the case. You belittle and condemn most every other person connected with the case in any way.

Comment

You need to stop believing everything you read that's written by anti-establishment journalists.
          I presume you're referring to the very admirable and courageous Paul Foot here. A seeker of truth and a beacon shining in the darkness.

Originally posted by Victor View Post
          Journalists - people employed to create sensationalist stories out of a mixture of allegations, half-truths and rumours - the more scandal the better!

A very sweeping statement indeed. I'm sure there must be some honest, non-sensationalist journalists knocking around, just as surely as there must be one or two decent politicians besides Tony Benn and the late John Smith.
          Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

In one word "yes". For very good reasons. I most definitely don't take as gospel every word which has been uttered from VS's mouth. It seems to me the only people who's veracity you don't doubt are VS's, BMA's and anyone in league with the persecution..... oops I mean prosecution counsel from the case. You belittle and condemn most every other person connected with the case in any way.
            "Reasons"... that's at least two, so lets have them.

At least I'm not in league with a murderer and rapist!
            Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.

Comment

A very sweeping statement indeed. I'm sure there must be some honest, non-sensationalist journalists knocking around, just as surely as there must be one or two decent politicians besides Tony Benn and the late John Smith.
              I'm sure there are some decent journalists around, but most of them would get fired for not being sensationalist.

I agree with the two named politicians though, Tony Benn is a nice bloke, as is Hilary, his son, but I didn't work with him for that long.

Comment

Charming.

Comment

Now I may be a bit slow on the uptake or I may have misunderstood this post (as I do with a lot of your work) so forgive me if I have got it wrong.

But are you somehow suggesting that James (Jimarilyn) is in league with a rapist and a murderer? If that is the case you can brand me with that same identification tag and as I find that totally offensive I look forward to you withdrawing the remark and apologising to the both of us immediately.

Tony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony View Post
                    But are you somehow suggesting that James (Jimarilyn) is in league with a rapist and a murderer?
                    I offered that as a riposte to "anyone in league with the persecution" and I feel accurately sums up anyone who goes to such extrordinary lengths to belittle the surviving VICTIM in this case.

He evidently will take Hanratty's word over Storie's, and JH is a convicted murderer, and he is also a rapist.

Comment

I presume you're referring to the very admirable and courageous Paul Foot here. A seeker of truth and a beacon shining in the darkness.
                      To paraphrase Monty Python.
                      A beacon shining in the darkness = a stream of bat's urine.

Comment

I'm sure there are some decent journalists around, but most of them would get fired for not being sensationalist.

I agree with the two named politicians though, Tony Benn is a nice bloke, as is Hilary, his son, but I didn't work with him for that long.

I don’t know what the name or term is for someone who ‘name drops’ just for the sake of it and I have never done it personally until now.

So next time my daughter has lunch with Kylie Minogue I’ll tell her to ask Kylie to have a look on here to see that her dad (me) is in league with a rapist and murderer.

No thinking about it ‘name dropping’ isn’t up my street.

Tony

Comment

Pathetic.

If I were you Vic I'd nip off to your GP and get your medication checked.

Tony.

Comment

Your'e not all the ticket chummy.

With regard to your views put forward in most of your post the following lyric comes to mind that I think somes up the feelings of a few of us on this thread.

And when they've given you their all
                            Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
                            Banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall.

Pink Floyd
                            from
                            Outside The Wall
                            The Wall (1979)

Comment

At least I'm not in league with a murderer and rapist !!

Seek and ye shall find. Here's a few just for starters.....

1) She changed the colour of the murderer's eyes from brown (on the day of the murder) to blue (8 days after the murder).
                              2) She told Janet Gregsten that the murderer was "reasonably" dressed in contrast to her previous statement that he was "immaculately" dressed.
                              3) She also told Janet Gregsten that the murderer was in his 30's in contrast to her earlier statement that he was in his 20's. A very significant and noticeable difference.
                              4) She identified a totally innocent airman as the murderer, which could have had fatal repercussions for Michael Clark had he been unable to prove his whereabouts on the night of the murder.
                              5) She originally stated that they picked up a hitch-hiker, inferring that the gunman was 'thumbing' a lift. In stark contrast of course to being hi-jacked by a dangerous gunman.
                              6) A couple or so weeks after the murder she told police that her memory of the gunman's face was quickly fading, yet 7 and a half weeks after the murder she was able to claim that Hanratty was the gunman. And Hanratty's hair was a completely different colour from the gunman's hair.
                              7) She and Michael Gregsten had been having a love affair for two or three years but she had deceived her parents about the nature of their relationship.

PS. Seeing as you're a stickler, Victor, for demanding evidence/proof for every little this, that and the other, where is your proof to back up your own claim that you're not in league with a murderer and rapist ?

Comment

Hi Tony,

Perfect conditions.
                                How long did she have to see him?
                                With an entire group of other people she'd not met before.
                                6 months later.

Oh and I found this in the judgment:-
                                Dr. Rennie, who had treated Valerie Storie, was present at this parade and was asked if he could recall the appearance of the man whom Valerie Storie had identified. He stated: "As far as I remember he had rather fairish hair and bluish eyes".

KR,
                                Vic.
                                Yes perfect lighting conditions. All identification parades are held in perfect conditions so they can not be challenged in court later. This one should have been however.

How long did she have to see him? As long as she wanted.

6 months later???

The murder took place on the 23rd August the identification parade took place on the 22nd September.

Not even one month. But I suppose you can convince yourself it was six months if you want to and it serves your purpose.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X