X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Tony,

Originally posted by Tony View Post
    I’m away from my books just now but if memory serves me correctly you may be forgetting Mr Alphon’s possible violent assaults on women. Mrs Delal. Audrey Willis and Mrs Hanratty come to mind though.
    He was found not guilty of all those!

I knew Vic that you would put Alphon in the ‘minor wrong’ class whereas Mrs Jones was a master criminal.
    Come on Tony, where have I ever said anything like that. My latest post to you about Mrs Jones said exactly the opposite, just because I mentioned Al Capone in the same post doesn't mean I think she was a "master criminal"

Actually, Vic, the way you nitpick on every single sentence that anyone posts supporting evidence in Hanratty’s defence it is my firm belief that if you were in court representing either the prosecution or the defence Hanratty would probably be alive today because the trial would still be going on. Of course we would be on to a new judge and jury because they would all have died of old age whilst you were arguing that someone put a comma in the wrong place or whatever.

Tony.
    Well that's the point, there is no evidence that supports Hanratty's innocence, it's all conjecture and supposition.

Secondly, you are well aware that I believe that Hanratty should have been found not guilty on the evidence presented at the trial because of the lack of concrete proof - i.e. reasonable doubt. I further believe that those doubts evapourated when the DNA results were announced.

It also appears that Sherrard is of the same opinion as myself.

KR,
    Vic.
    Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
    Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
      I am complaining that it seems to be perfectly acceptable in this society and this field for people to lie, invent stories, fail to provide any evidence and it's considered acceptable, and vomit, admirable. It is not noble to invent stories that are in direct contradiction to the known facts. It is not heroic to create fantasies about people and pass it off as truth without even bothering at a basic attempt to provide evidence for your fantasies, and when confronted with facts or asked to provide evidence, just claim "this is what I believe" even though it is in direct contradiction to the facts. You may see history as something that can be invented to suit a liars whim, but I disagree. People justify many different things by what "they believe" despite the evidence, whether it be holocaust deniers or others like AP who slander individuals at whim.
      Hi all,

I just found this post by Ally, and was struck by how relevant the comments are to Hanratty.

KR,
      Vic.
      Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.

Comment

• Hi All
        Although he didn't mention it, Vic has started a poll entitled 'Was Hanratty Guilty' as part of this forum.
        Regards
        Reg

Comment

• I guess you all heard that Alphon died last month? - Richard Ingrams wrote about it in a broadsheet very recently.

Comment

• Hi James & Tony
            Victor, via his post # 3302, is comparing those of us who proclaim Hanratty's innocence to the position taken by Holocaust deniers.

I wonder what you 2 gentlemen think of this?

I, for one, take this to be a huge insult.

Not very happy
            Reg

Comment

• Originally posted by stevenb View Post
              I guess you all heard that Alphon died last month? - Richard Ingrams wrote about it in a broadsheet very recently.
              Link here although not much said http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion...r-1570726.html

Comment

• Originally posted by reg1965 View Post
                Hi James & Tony
                Victor, via his post # 3302, is comparing those of us who proclaim Hanratty's innocence to the position taken by Holocaust deniers.

Not very happy
                Reg

I didn't like the comparison either.

Vic, I think you are getting more smug and arrogant (if you can be both at the same time) by the minute.

I hope Peter Alphon finds peace in his eternal rest.

Julie

Comment

• Hanratty Appeal 2002 Law Issues

Hi All

I have started a new thread on this forum with the above title.

Regards
                  Reg

Comment

• Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                    I didn't like the comparison either.

Vic, I think you are getting more smug and arrogant (if you can be both at the same time) by the minute.

I hope Peter Alphon finds peace in his eternal rest.

Julie
                    Hi Julie
                    Thank you for your support.

I know that I have acted with rash impulse against certain individuals but I have never stooped so low as to cast all of the anti-Hanratty brigade as being Hitlers little helpers or Nazis in general.

As for Alphon, who knows whether he goes to his grave without a guilty conscience?

Regards
                    Reg

Comment

Hi James & Tony

Not very happy
                      Reg
                      Hi Reg,

I take this as a gigantic insult. Nothing however surprises me about Victor these days. He has revealed his true colours indeed by this slur. Disgraceful and disgusting.

Hi Tony,

I loved your post (3300) especially the last paragraph. Well said.

Hi Julie,

You are absolutely spot on. I've shown a lot of patience towards Victor but this takes the biscuit. His arrogance truly astounds me.

regards,
                      James
                      Last edited by jimarilyn; 02-13-2009, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Reg,

I take no responsibility for what you infer from my post quoting someone else's opinion, if you want to take half a sentence and interpret it in isolation then that's entirely up to you.

KR,
                        Vic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victor View Post
                          Hi Reg,

I take no responsibility for what you infer from my post quoting someone else's opinion, if you want to take half a sentence and interpret it in isolation then that's entirely up to you.

KR,
                          Vic.
                          Listen pal

You posted the quote by this Ally individual and should take responsiblilty for it in the context that it was posted. Which is thus

I just found this post by Ally, and was struck by how relevant the comments are to Hanratty.
                          (my boldening)

You have by association of your own actions in posting this quote compared those of us who believe in Hanratty's innocence to holocaust deniers.

I should sue you because it is not true. It is deeply offensive to me as I am Jewish.

You and others who only believe in Hanratty's guilt via the DNA can hide behind the DNA evidence safe in your own little bunker that you arguments must be right.
                          You can pooh pooh everything and when shown up can just shout DNA and be right.

I was right about you from the start. I am not alone in believing this either.

Following your post #3311 quoted above the apology you give better be f*cking good and be f*cking quick.

Still not very happy
                          Reg

Comment

• Gentlemen,

Well, for me that's it. I've enjoyed most of the time I've spent on this thread, right from its conception on the old site, which now, for me at least, seems to belong to another, saner, more polite, age.

I've had enough now.

Goodbye.

Graham
                            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Listen pal

You posted the quote by this Ally individual and should take responsiblilty for it in the context that it was posted. Which is thus

(my boldening)

You have by association of your own actions in posting this quote compared those of us who believe in Hanratty's innocence to holocaust deniers.

I should sue you because it is not true. It is deeply offensive to me as I am Jewish.

You and others who only believe in Hanratty's guilt via the DNA can hide behind the DNA evidence safe in your own little bunker that you arguments must be right.
                              You can pooh pooh everything and when shown up can just shout DNA and be right.
                              I was right about you from the start. I am not alone in believing this either.

Still not very happy
                              Reg
                              Hi Reg,

Excellent. May I say that it's deeply offensive to me too. I visited Auschwitz in March of last year and the experience was indescribably powerful and moving. I shed a few tears that day. It will forever live in my memory.

I share your sentiments completely.

regards,
                              James

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                                Gentlemen,

Well, for me that's it. I've enjoyed most of the time I've spent on this thread, right from its conception on the old site, which now, for me at least, seems to belong to another, saner, more polite, age.

I've had enough now.

Goodbye.

Graham

Hi Graham

i understand this reaction but ask you to reconsider. There are very strong opinions expressed and it is a matter of choice to disregard them, argue them or become disappointed by them. I sometimes feel the same way but get enough from teh forum to bring me back to it.

You leaving this forum will be a loss to many, I hope you do not go and continue to argue your viewpoint in the logical and dertain way you do. Surely it matters not whether all agree as long as they personally treat you with respect and courtesy. Please?

Viv

Comment

Working...
                                X