This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony View Post
    In fact that was a quote by Winston Churchill.

Tony.
    Hi Tony, I feel sure it was parodied in one of the Carry-On films! Carry-On Nurse, perhaps?

KR
    Steve

Comment

• Hi All,

If loads of different DNA profiles had been found along with Hanratty's (eg due to handling after the event) it might still have left room for the contamination theory. But when you consider the technique that had to be used to make the tiniest amounts identifiable, and yet only the one male profile was revealed - Hanratty's - it must surely make him the rapist beyond reasonable doubt. I don't really see what alternative there is.

Someone raped the poor woman, so where did his DNA miraculously disappear to if he wasn't Hanratty?

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Oh, yes, of course! Which Carry-on film were they in, Graham?
        I think it was 'Carry On Sending Out The Troops Against The Workers'...

Or, 'Carry On Bombing Dresden And Then I'll Deny I Ever Sanctioned It'...

One or the other!

Cheers,

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
          Hi All,

If loads of different DNA profiles had been found along with Hanratty's (eg due to handling after the event) it might still have left room for the contamination theory. But when you consider the technique that had to be used to make the tiniest amounts identifiable, and yet only the one male profile was revealed - Hanratty's - it must surely make him the rapist beyond reasonable doubt. I don't really see what alternative there is.

Someone raped the poor woman, so where did his DNA miraculously disappear to if he wasn't Hanratty?

Love,

Caz
          X
          Correct, Caz.

Cheers,

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Hi Graham,
            Beat me to the buzzer, never mind , old Winnie was a inspiration to all those living in those turberlent times[ WW2] my old man got a cigar from him, after the famous 'River plate' in 39 [ HMS Ajax] propaganda really pushed that encounter,, however dad only smoked Senior service in those days and flogged that item for a nice few quid years later.
            Regards Richard,

Comment

• Another good Churchillism was:

"I doubt if the Hon Member [meaning Churchill] even knows where the Virgin Islands are!"

Churchill: "I only know that they are on the opposite side of the world to Maidenhead!"

Graham

Comment

• Was it another Churchill one that went something like:

"If you were my husband I'd give you poison."

"Madam, if you were my wife I'd take it!" ?

Love,

Caz
                X

Comment

• Hi ,
                  We are drifting away from topic, lets just all agree that WC was a genius , full stop, even tho his father was 'Jack The Ripper'.
                  Only Joking Folks......
                  Richard.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
                    Was it another Churchill one that went something like:

"If you were my husband I'd give you poison."

"Madam, if you were my wife I'd take it!" ?

Love,

Caz
                    X

G B Shaw to Churchill: "I've reserved two tickets for you, for the first night of Pygmalion. Bring a friend, if you have one.

Churchill to G B Shaw: "Cannot make the first night. Will attend the second night, if you have one".

G

Comment

• Timings.

Hello Graham,

Well you have brought the subject to the forum (post 1710) I did not think you would have but fair play to you.

Jean Justice says in his book that the gunman (Alphon) forced the couple to have sex while he watched.

Mrs Lanz the landlady at the Old Station Inn said MG and VS were drinking there on the night of the crime. They were regulars. The next day she would have known what had happened so her memory was at its freshest.
                      She said MG drank Double Diamond and VS drank pepsi and coke. The couple left at about 9.20. (Woffinden page 1)
                      According to VS they went to park up somewhere but were disturbed and had to move off. Now I don’t know the geography of this area but let’s assume it took 5 minutes. Then they restarted the car and set off to the cornfield, let’s assume that took another 5 minutes. So we are now at 9.30 which is the time that the gunman tapped on the window.
                      So when then did VS’s knickers become stained with MG’s semen?
                      And don’t say it happened before the pub. I can remember going out with girls (just) and it was always after the pub.

Tony

Comment

Hello Graham,

Well you have brought the subject to the forum (post 1710) I did not think you would have but fair play to you.

Jean Justice says in his book that the gunman (Alphon) forced the couple to have sex while he watched.

Mrs Lanz the landlady at the Old Station Inn said MG and VS were drinking there on the night of the crime. They were regulars. The next day she would have known what had happened so her memory was at its freshest.
                        She said MG drank Double Diamond and VS drank pepsi and coke. The couple left at about 9.20. (Woffinden page 1)
                        According to VS they went to park up somewhere but were disturbed and had to move off. Now I don’t know the geography of this area but let’s assume it took 5 minutes. Then they restarted the car and set off to the cornfield, let’s assume that took another 5 minutes. So we are now at 9.30 which is the time that the gunman tapped on the window.
                        And don’t say it happened before the pub. I can remember going out with girls (just) and it was always after the pub.

Tony
                        Hi Tony,

So dear Mrs Lanz could recall, out of all the customers she had that night, what MG and VS were drinking? Yeah?

As to your question, I haven't the foggiest idea! My understanding is that there was no more than one male DNA trace on the knickers....i.e., Hanratty's.

But you've hit a (well-hammered) nail on the head here. MG and VS were somewhere else in the locality (only a few hundred yards away) before they decided to move to the cornfield, where the gunman tapped on the window.
                        VS said they moved to the cornfield on a whim, in which case how did the gunman know they'd be there if the whole thing was premeditated?

Or maybe my (several) vodka/tonics are kicking in...

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

• Hi Richard

I was at school when Chuchill died, and we all produced a scrapbook of newspaper cuttings about his state funeral. I understand our next state funeral will be when Maggie pops her clogs!

KR
                          Steve

Comment

Now I don’t know the geography of this area but let’s assume it took 5 minutes. Then they restarted the car and set off to the cornfield, let’s assume that took another 5 minutes. So we are now at 9.30 which is the time that the gunman tapped on the window.
                            Tony

Hi Tony

I know the geography of the area very, very well. We are talking a minute between locations - in a car, more on foot. If the encounter was not totally random and unplanned I will sign the pledge! I think it very unlikely the encounter you mention was before the pub. There is every chance it even happened before the cornfield ....

Kind regards,
                            Steve

Comment

Tony,

Why is any of this relevant, if they found semen at the time that belonged to someone of a different blood group from JG's? This must have come from the rapist, and it beggars belief that every last trace of it could have disappeared over the years from the retained knicker fragment, only to be replaced by an innocent JH's DNA, which had somehow managed to contaminate the fragment instead.

Remind me, who is supposed to be the peeping tom?

Love,

Caz
                              X

Comment

• Peeping Tom

Hello Caz

Mr Acott thought at one point that the gunman might have been spying on the couple in the Morris Minor before he tapped on the window and demanded to be let into the car.

KR
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X