This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all
    The forensic evidence I was finking of was that of VS's statement that she tried to build in gravel (or whatever detritus she had to hand) the killers description, blue eyes etc. . Did the labourer or Kerr accidently destroy it or/and was this ever found or investigated further? If not why not?
    Just a thought as I know the witchfinder general may be about.
    Regards
    Reg

Comment

• Great Scott, Graham!

You deserve a Vodka Tonic after that. Even Two!

Kind regards
      Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by reg1965 View Post
        Hi all
        The forensic evidence I was finking of was that of VS's statement that she tried to build in gravel (or whatever detritus she had to hand) the killers description, blue eyes etc. . Did the labourer or Kerr accidently destroy it or/and was this ever found or investigated further? If not why not?
        Just a thought as I know the witchfinder general may be about.
        Regards
        Reg
        Hi Reg

Finking? It was you what did it!

The witchfinder general has gone to the pub!

KR
        Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Great Scott, Graham!

You deserve a Vodka Tonic after that. Even Two!

Kind regards
          Steve

I thank you!

Hic!

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Hi Reg

Finking? It was you what did it!

The witchfinder general has gone to the pub!

KR
            Steve
            Nice one Steve
            And I have also done the lot...make your own mind up about that one!
            I have known quite a lot of accountants who were alcoholics...its the boredom of the job apparently! Turns them that way!
            Love Reg (call me Jim if you llike)

Comment

• A careful reading of Foot and Woffinden will reveal some (slight) differences in what happened following the discovery by Burton of the bodies. I don't think Kerr himself said anything about Valerie making a description of the man who shot her from pebbles, or whatever. That came later from Valerie herself. What Kerr did to was flag down a car - maybe more than one - and call for assistance there and then. According to Woffinden, a Thomas Reay went to the RAC box at the southern end of the lay-by and dialled 999. Reay returned with his two passengers, and he and Kerr sat with Valerie until the ambulance arrived. In fact, again according to Woffinden, it was Reay who established that her name was Valerie and told Kerr of this.

So far as I'm aware, whatever effort Valerie made with bits of gravel, etc., to describe her attacker, were never examined by the police. Frankly, I'm at a loss about just how anyone could build a description of someone from gravel and so forth, but obviously Valerie made some effort to record her thoughts.

As we all know, the major mystery as far as John Kerr is concerned is what the hell happened to his notes...

Cheers,

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Hi Jim/Reg

Please don't mention accountants - they have cost me a fortune over the years. It's enough to drive a man to drink!

Kind regards,
                Steve

Comment

Hi Jim/Reg

Please don't mention accountants - they have cost me a fortune over the years. It's enough to drive a man to drink!

Kind regards,
                  Steve
                  An accountant is someone lacking the personality to be a human-resources manager....

...my old boss, circa 1999.

And it was a woman who drove me to drink - one day I must write and thank her... W C Fields.

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

• Originally posted by reg1965 View Post
                    Love Reg (call me Jim if you llike)
                    Hi Reg/Jim

My children tell me I should be broad-minded about guys 'liking' guys but I don't find it easy to do so. I remember the Monty Python Ozzie sketch: Rule One, No poophtas!

With all this 'Love Reg' business, are you a poophta by any chance?

Don't worry if you are, my kids tell me it's OK.

Manly regards,
                    Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      An accountant is someone lacking the personality to be a human-resources manager....

...my old boss, circa 1999.

And it was a woman who drove me to drink - one day I must write and thank her... W C Fields.

Cheers,

Graham
                      'You are drunk!

'And you are ugly, but in the morning I'll be sober, and you'll still be ugly!'

I think it was a Carry-On film with Frankie Howerd, but I could be wrong!

Comment

'You are drunk!

Steve,

It was actually Winston Churchill and Lady Astor!

Graham

Comment

• Hi Steve,
                          I may also be wrong , but I recollect that witty observation , was made by our greatest statesman one 'Winston C.
                          Richard.

Comment

• Oh, yes, of course! Which Carry-on film were they in, Graham?

Comment

'You are drunk!

In fact that was a quote by Winston Churchill.

Tony.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
                                Hi Steve,
                                I may also be wrong , but I recollect that witty observation , was made by our greatest statesman one 'Winston C.
                                Richard.
                                I'm sure you are right, Richard. Our greatest statesman was himself seldom sober. We won the war, nonetheless!

Comment

Working...
                                X